“Not perfect but good place in GZ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Premier Guangzhou

Save Saved
You added Oakwood Premier Guangzhou to your Saves list
Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.28 Tiyu East Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510620, China   |
Special Price
Suite starts from 40% OFF
Ranked #14 of 2,814 Hotels in Guangzhou
“Not perfect but good place in GZ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I won't rate this as the best hotel but its definitely value for money. Stayed here with my family of 5, we booked a 2 bedroom unit. The room is clean and new but it's kind of cramped. The master bathroom door clashes with the person standing at the sink, bummer. The breakfast is great but the reception was not communicating well with the restaurant. We paid for 5 breakfast but was told that their records shows 4. Anyhow, credit to them, they didn't charge us. This place is in downtown, so you won't be bored. It's near malls and street bistros. Overall, it's a good place to stay in GZ.

Stayed December 2012
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear NasiKandarlpoh,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us recently.

As always, I am delighted to hear when our breakfast makes such a positive impression. It was an area we identified required improvement, as its important in our business to offer a quality breakfast to our guests.

I do note your comments regarding the two bedroom apartment being cramped, however we recommend these size apartments are suited for 4 people not for 5. We offer three bedroom apartments for 5 to 6 people which would of been ideal for your family.

I am happy to read you believe our property is a good place to stay and great value for money.

I do thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou

Until then, warm wishes
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Breda, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've been staying three weeks in this hotel or actually serviced apartment and I've been enjoining every day. I've had an apartment with a separate bedroom. It was very spacious, fresh and nicely furnished. The venue is very clean and the staff is very professional.

I was very happy with a washing machine combined with dryer that was placed in the bathroom. I hate being ripped of by the laundry service in the hotels so having own washing machine was very welcomed.

I like also attachment to the detail that they have in this hotel. My apartment has been for example equipped with a nice umbrella in case it would rain. They even thought about providing a small cable so I could connect my laptop to the high quality stereo bar with which the room was equipped.

Kitchen is fully equipped. I only missed coffee machine but I asked for one at the reception. They provided mi with one and since then they made sure that I would have a supply of a fresh coffee. I didn't use much of it. I was preparing there the breakfasts only.

On the downside I could say that the restaurant in the hotel had hard time keeping up with the competition. No that it was bad - on the contrary, it is very good but you've got much better choice in the Grand View Shopping Mall which is just a few minutes away. In the basement of the Grand View Mall they have a supermarket where I was doing grocery. The've even had some Western food for the expats like imported cereal for breakfast.

I would definitely re

Room Tip: Go for a room with separate bedroom. It's a bit more pricey but it's worth the price if you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hi Jan_Kowalski,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your recent "true 5 star experience" with us.

I am happy to hear that we made such a positive impression overall

I am delighted you were happy with the apartment, its layout and furnishings. Thanks for recognizing the cleanliness of the property and the staffs professionalism their role is critical for our success and I will pass on to them your feedback.

I agree there is so many choices to dine in Guangzhou, and it is a challenge for our Oakroom resturant to keep up with the competition however we are constantly looking at ways to increase the patronage thru ongoing promotions, marketing and improving our product.

So thank you again for your review and both myself and all the team at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Until then, warm wishes
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

After staying at hotels, thought an apartment hotel might be a nice change. Only found this to be a reasonable hotel. Found the rooms clean but my one bedroom apartment had small rooms and felt a bit cramped, expected more from an apartment hotel. Restaurant for breakfast and dinner was superb. Ate there both nights and the food was very good, and breakfast was very plentiful and a great variety. Loved its location as this was the major reason for my choosing this hotel. Nearby are older traditional areas. That I love to roam with my camera and only a 100 meters away is a daily street market where the food looks superb and super fresh, should you wish to avail use of your kitchen. So fresh they will kill, gut and skin your frogs for you there and then on the street. I chose not to use that service but found the lifestyle fascinating. Only a short walk are a couple of large shopping centers with a large variety of shops from designer label to almost market type stalls in lower levels. Major problem for me was the toilet kept backing up, expect better

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Vern0n,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Oakwood Preimier Guangzhou following your recent experience with us.

I am thrilled to hear you found the Oakroom restaurant superb and enjoyed the variety of the breakfast buffet. This is an area we are focusing on to improve.

I agree with your comments regarding our location, i believe it is one of the best locations for a property in Guangzhou, and we recieve many postive comments on this from our guests.

I am sorry to hear you found our one bedroom apartment cramped and with too many small rooms. Apologies for toliet backing up problem, and I would appreciate if you can contact me directly to further explain the exact issue.

We take these comments seriously and I would like opportunity to fix the problem and turn the negative into a postive.

Thank you again for sharing your review with us and let's hope we welcome you back again in the near future.

shane.langdon@oakwoodasia.com
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am very pleased to mention that after visiting Guangzhou on numerous occasions during the past 6 years, we felt that this time we finally found the hotel where we had a very pleasant stay.
The breakfast was excellent and included a wide spread of items with flavours to compliment. The services received from all departments were exceptional and the staff were very professional, courteous and helpful. We will be happy to stay at your hotel during our future stays and will recommend your hotel to anyone who is travelling to Guangzhou.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Tarek L

Thank you for your excellent and outstanding review of your recent experience Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
I am thrilled to hear that we made such a wonderful impression and that you enjoyed so many aspects of the property. Of course we do our best to engage and offer our guests profeesional and exceptional customer service.

I am delighted the team were able to deliver five star service during your stay, and I will pass on the feedback to the team.

I Suffice to say, thank you again for sharing such wonderful comments about the team here. It is honestly the highest compliment you can pay us and you know that we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon...VERY soon!

Warms Wishes
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

A five-star service apartment in Guangzhou CBD.
Very new and good facilities, services and amenities. I was live in three-bedroom suite with some friends during X'mas. The larger Executive apartment is located at the top of the building, providing spectacular city views from their French windows.
Not too close to subway but within walking distance.
I'll say Oakwood Premier are comfort, elegant and good value of money.
在廣州CBD的五星級服務式公寓。
非常新的和良好的設施,服務和設施。我是和一些朋友在聖誕住在三間臥室的套房。較大的行政公寓位於建築物頂部,提供了壯觀的城市美景的法式窗戶。
不是太靠近地鐵站,但步行距離之內。
我會說奧克伍德舒適,典雅及良好的價值。

Room Tip: Higher is better
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear An_yeung.

Thank you for sharing your outstanding review from your recent stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you found so many positives about the property, ranging from our facilties to our service and amienties.

I am delighted to hear that you found Oakwood Premier comfortable, elegant and value for money, I agree with you Oakwood Premier is the best value for money property in Guangzhou.

So thank you again for all your feedback. I sincerly hope we have the chance to welcome you back soon and rest assured we will do our best to impress once again.

shane.langdon@oakwoodasia.com
french west indies
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This time i'm writing my review pretty late (i've been traveling in october 2012) but it still can be helpful to all of you who don't know which hotel to choose in this big city called Guangzhou.

Positive Points: very clean, apartment suite style room (you have a kitchen and a washer and a dryer), next to TEE MALL and another one (forgot his name), you'll find plenty of stores and restaurant (with US chain burger king, pizza hut...), in one word the location is just perfect, you have a wonderful SPA (independent from the hotel but still inside the hotel), food is correct, the breakfast (complimentary) is pretty good, the staff is nice.

Negative Points: the cleaning lady come once per day and usually very late, the pool is not warmed (so pretty cold during the fall period), the staff is nice but could do some effort, the concierge don't help that much.

what you need to know:
the taxi don't speak a word of english and won't make any any effort to understand you (make the doorman of your hotel talked to him before you leave).
if you want to see the canton tower (equivalent to the eiffel tower for them) go directly to the brand new four seasons hotel in the city centre of guangzhou, they have a bay at the top floor with fantastic and uniq due of the city. they have as well a great italian restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Mercedesk,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us during canton fair.

I am of course very happy to hear that you enjoyed our location,style of the apartment and our spa.

Since your stay, we have improved our breakfast buffet quality, selection and set-up and I am postive you will be impressed.

I am sorry to hear that the cleaning lady came too late , you found our pool not warm to your liking and our concierge team were not helpful. I have addressed this to the concerned area, and ensure this will not happen again.

Once again thank you for your feedback, without this feedback we are unable improve our product and service. I look forward to welcoming you back to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel after checking Trip Advisor. We were pleasantly surprised. These are actually fully furnished units. We were particularly impressed with the Manager and the catering manager who were always there to somehow greet us.
The Lobby staff were excellent and any problem was solved. In our case English was spoken. The Hotel was very good value for money.
Do not cut your stay short because Guangzhou has a lot to offer. There are many tourist places to visit and for a very comfortable stay this Hotel was excellent.
Well done to Management team and courteous staff

Room Tip: Close to lifts
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shane L, Manager at Oakwood Premier Guangzhou, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear RDicks,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that the lobby staff provided excellent service and were able to solve any problems you encountered, I will pass this feedback back to the team.

I am particular happy that you recommend Guangzhou a city to visit and you had a very comfortable stay "this hotel was excellent"

So thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It's always good to know when we manage to create such experiences for our guests and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou? Share your experiences!