“great room but average breakfast/food and poor location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Premier Guangzhou

You added Oakwood Premier Guangzhou to your Saves list
Oakwood Premier Guangzhou
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.28 Tiyu East Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510620, China   |
Offers & Announcements
Suite starts from RMB850
Ranked #11 of 2,820 Hotels in Guangzhou
hongkong
“great room but average breakfast/food and poor location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

this was my first time staying in this hotel and I found that the room was superb!!! I stayed in the normal room and I found it amazing that it is equipped with a kitchen and washing machine. since I didn't bring enough clothes this time for my business trip, I did have to wash my clothes and it was very helpful.. However, the maintenance of the room can be improved because my shower room glass door was loosen and it kept rubbing/scratching the stone floor, which made it very difficult to open and quite dangerous shall I really push it hard without carefully opening it..

However, I found that their breakfast buffet lack choices, there are only around 6-7 hot dishes and not that many choices of bread (compare to other bigger hotel) . But the overall feeling is ok..

But in terms of location, I found that it is quite bad because it is sitting on "tiyu East road" and I would strongly suggest NOT to check in during peak hour (around 5:30-8pm), it took me a long time just to get into their hotel door (by taxi), since Tiyu East road is not the main road, huge traffic jam during that time..

Overall, the experience was good and I do suggest them to add more choices on their buffet

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed there last weekend in a one bedroom apartment.
Every thing about our stay was wonderful. Good service, good quality , superb breakfast and convenient location in the heart of the city.
The apartment was fully equiped , not a single detail was missing.
Congratulations to mr. Lim , the General Manager who is running the business in such a professional way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

3. Breakfast
4. Price.
5. service
6. Overall feeling –would I come back

Oakwood will earn all of the 6 with high score.
As so – it is one of the best hotels in Guangzhou and I have been in many of them
In the past 20 years.
I must say that the rooms are very special by far from any other hotel and give you a real coddling.
So I would recommend it very warmly and hope that it would stay with the same standards in the future.

Room Tip: Near to metro stations as well as to 2 big malls.recomended hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Seminyak, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised to find a very high quality of service and good facilities at this 5 Star serviced apartment. All staff are extremely welcoming and helpful. Appliances in the room were of high standard and well equipped. What I like most is the flat panel TV which can be adjusted to face the sofa area or when you are on the bed. Located within walking distance to shopping malls and one can have meals in the many restaurants at the mall. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

oakwood residence in GZ, is a newly opend facility. Rooms are large enough, facilities are equipped, and beds are soft. But I do not recommend this to business travellers because the location is not so convenient. If you take subways, this facility is about 15 minutes walk from TIYU XILU station. Also, there are almost no reasutaurants near this facility. If you are going to stay here for a week, it is OK.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I did a business trip to Guangzhou and like all travellers, had a lot of difficulty choosing a hotel. We all want the best we can get and it can be very confusing. I did a lot of research and got my chinese contact to ask around town also. He said the oakwood Premiere hotel had excellent reviews. From the moment i arrived I knew I had made the right choice. The staff were so friendly and all went out of their way to make my stay an enjoyable one. The hotel is like brand new, impecabbly clean and serviced well.
The staff are very friendly and helpful with directions and advice for newbies like me.
It is close to an amazing shopping centre that I frequented.
I was told it was very close to the railway station and food shops also.cabs are so cheap in China I taxid everywhere straight from the front door.
The rooms are immaculate with wonderful views and spacious, not like little rooms i have previously stayed in. The kitchen facility is a fabulous add on for me, i like to do my own food a lot of times.
I think I was there the opening week and while they were still getting set up, the staff all went the extra mile to make everyone happy.They cooked special bits and pieces for everyone because the buffet breakfast wasnt set up. The chef even came out to the tables and spoke to me, turned out he was from Australia and was just making me feel welcome. We had a daily chat.... I have never had that service before in China. I actually met all the staff.
One great thing for mew, as I suffer from bad allergies, was that the hotel does not smell smoky, it is very clean and so new!!
The room had a fantastic sauna and a washing machine which was a bonus.
One thing I found also amazing, I met the general manager and his wife, who had done an amazing job with quality fittings and design. They were never too busy to come and have a chat with the hotel guests, asking how everyone liked the hotel, and also for any suggestions....
By now you must have realised, I was super impressed..."Would i go again ...yes you bet, Im going again in 6 weeks.

if you are tripping to China Guangzhou, i do recommend this great hotel. Give it a try, you wont be dissapointed. and when you enjoy it leave a review so others will know. Margo Plowright, Australia

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great place to stay! Beats staying at Hotel .
Better than most 5 star properties l have stayed in.
Staff polite, smile, and helpful.
Rooms amazing- stayed in 2 bedroom deluxe, and 1 bedroom deluxe!
Looked forward to my congee breakfast, and omlette every morning.
Not crowded,
Great position.
Wouldn't stay anywhere else now!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Oakwood Premier Guangzhou? Share your experiences!