“Convenient to Canton Fair” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Pazhou

You added The Westin Pazhou to your Saves list
The Westin Pazhou
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.681 Fengpu Middle Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou 510335, China   |
Ranked #25 of 2,820 Hotels in Guangzhou
Wisconsin
“Convenient to Canton Fair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Very convenient to Canton Fair, short skywalk over. Breakfast buffet has everything you could want. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Has a kiosk to exchange currency right in the lobby and an ATM in building. Rooms large with roomy bathroom.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Selina C, Manager at The Westin Pazhou, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear BooksNSun:

Thank you for taking time to review The Westin Pazhou. Our landmark hotel locates in the world renowned Canton Fair Complex, embracing views of both the Pearl River and city skyline. We are glad to know that you’ve enjoyed the stay. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again soon in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta,Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a great hotel for attending the trade shows in Guangzhou. The rooms are clean and well appointed as well as being in good repair. I was on an upper floor so the view was good. The beds are comfortable. The breakfast buffet was excellent with many options to choose from with a very attentive staff. The Lounge in the evening was also very good with good food and beverage. One drawback is that it is very isolated from the rest of the city and cabs were in short supply. The lobby although attractive was not comfortable with little seating. The staff was helpful and friendly. Overall it was an exceptional experience to stay here while working the trade shows.

Selina C, Manager at The Westin Pazhou, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear designman6:

Thank you very much for your kind words and recognition. It’s glad to know you’ve enjoyed your stay at The Westin Pazhou during Canton Fair, especially our instinctive service in Westin Executive Lounge. Your kind compliments towards our staffs would be a great encouragement and inspire us to continually deliver personal service to guests. We will look into the transportation issue you mentioned and provide you with more convenience when you are here to attend fairs next time. We sincerely look forward to seeing upon your next visit to Guangzhou.
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you are visiting the Canton Fair this hotel is so convenient just a short walk and you are in the fair with no security queues. The rooms are as you would expect for a Westin hotel and all have great views either over the showgrounds or the small river. Food was expensive and i though the dinner buffet was only average.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Selina C, Manager at The Westin Pazhou, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear WildcatNZ,
Thank you for staying with The Westin Pazhou and sharing your experience. Your feedback is highly appreciated.We are glad to know that our hotel has provided you convenience and comfort during your Canton Fair trip. Sincerely look forward to your next visit!
Kirkkonummi, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have stayed at the Westin Pazhou few times during the Canton Fair and it has been solid performer each time. Nice modern five star hotel with very good service. Rooms are especially good with lot of space. Food at the ground level's buffet restaurant is very good as well and I highly recommend having lunch at the hotel instead of trying to find something to eat Canton Fair. Internet works well and even Facebook is allowed here.

Only minuses this time was the noise (or music) coming from the Panorama bar until appr. midnight. I had room on the 41st floor (4103 exactly). My colleagues did not have the same problem. Also, it took quite long time to get dinner in the ground level's restaurant - next time we chose buffet.

This is very good hotel if you are visiting Canton Fair, but otherwise location might not be the best possible.

Room Tip: There might be some noise from the bar on the 41st level.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Selina C, Manager at The Westin Pazhou, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear SuperSamuli,
It’s good to have you stay with us again during Canton Fair. And we are glad to learn that you’ve enjoyed your stay. As the only hotel with direct access to the Canton Fair Complex, we hope to deliver personal and instinctive service to our valuable guests when they are here to attend fairs, and bring them more convenience and comfort. Also thanks for mentioning the Panorama bar experience with us. This bar only opens during Canton Fair and your feedback will be very helpful for us to improve. We sincerely look forward to your next visit!
Helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The bulding, rooms and general willingness of service is well beyond par! Unforunately, sometimes it's hard to make yourself understood in english, but not too often luckily. I think it won't get better anywhere else in Chain. Bed is excellent and comfortable, no wonder they call it Heavenly. Restaurant Buffet is overwhelming in it's selection and variety. Pricing wise it's a tad high, but then again the accessability to Canton fair is unparallelled. A small point drop comes from the swimming pool, which looks like something from thirty centuries ago. Also there is no pool bar.

Dear kqvick,
Thank you for staying with The Westin Pazhou and sharing your stay experience with us. We are glad to know that you’ve enjoyed the Westin’s renowned Heavenly Bed®. As the only hotel with direct access to the Canton Fair Complex, our hotel is designed to provide every convenience and comfort for fair attendees. At the same time, thanks for your nice suggestions. Hopefully you will feel our improvement during your next stay. Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been to China more times than I can count. I've stayed at the finest properties and I have never experienced service like what I recieved at the Westin. I won't bore you with the horrible service of Cathay Pacific and stranding me in Hong Kong or the 4 hour bus ride on a public bus to get to downtown Guangzhou far from my Hotel but that is the situation I found myself in after Cathay flight from LA was late arriving so I missed my connecting flight. As they proceeded to put me on a public bus that would not get me anywhere near my hotel (i dont speak chinese) I reached out to Megan at American Express. She got a hold of Tommy Wu and Joe Zhou from the Westin Pazhou. I recieved several calls on my cell as they cordinated with a driver to pick me up when I arrived. The bus was delayed and the driver had to wait almost 2 hours. Did they abandon me? NO! After 7 hours from when I arrived in Hong Kong I was dropped off in downtown, standing there with a sign was my driver in a new Mercedes sedan and cold water! I was exhausted and frustrated with how Cathay Pacific treats customers. As we arrived at the Westin Tommy and Joe both were outside to greet me, walk me thru check in (under 3 minutes) and get me wisked up the elevator to my room and some rest. These two gentlemen went out of there way to make a traveler in a foreign land feel cared about and taken care of. Isn't that what the hospitaility game is all about? I can't recommend this hotel enough. The staff is excellent and the rooms beautiful. If you need a hotel room in the region of the Canton Fair STAY at the Westin Pazhou!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Selina C, Manager at The Westin Pazhou, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear thesafeman,
Thank you for staying with The Westin Pazhou and we are glad to learn that our personal service has brought you comfort and ease. We could imagine how frustrated you were after this tiring and enduring long trip. It is our honor to make you feel well cared for and provide you with every possible instinctive service to help you get back to your best self. Thank you very much for your recognition and praises, which will be a great encouragement for all hotel staff. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip to Guangzhou.
Lommel, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a few nights and this is a recommendation if you need to be in the canton fare.

It's a bit far a away from the real city centre but you can take the subway if you want.

Breakfast is great a mixture from different cultures.
The restaurant is rather expensive but food is ok.

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are really from a high quality.

Nice swimming pool and modern fitness material

• Stayed March 2013
Selina C, Manager at The Westin Pazhou, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Dries G,
Thank you for staying with The Westin Pazhou and sharing nice photos of our hotel. It is glad to learn that you’ve enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel to your friends. Just like you mentioned, The Westin Pazhou locates within the Area C of Canton Fair Complex and has direct access linking to the center. Therefore, it is very convenient for business travelers who are planning to attend various fairs. We sincerely look forward to seeing upon your next visit to Guangzhou.

Been to The Westin Pazhou? Share your experiences!