“Gorgeous design, good service, excellent location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe

You added Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe to your Saves list
Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.215 Linhe Xiheng Road, Tianhe, Guangzhou 510500, China   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #8 of 2,814 Hotels in Guangzhou
Singapore, Singapore
“Gorgeous design, good service, excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This for me is the flagship in the Hilton group. What a hotel!

The hotel has the inspired aesthetics mix of a Gucci shop with dark paneled high glossed wood paired with oddly understated gold shine trims, and a Giorgio Armani boutique with sharp angular lines and clean minimal finishes. The room has an expansive gorgeous bathroom with paneled walls that slide open into the main bed area. The bed was just heavenly.

The service is great and a cut above the rest of the Hilton properties I have stayed at. The spa and gym are awesome as well, though the spa will cost a small fortune.

The locality is also great. Smacked right in the middle of the city, I found traveling around the city a breeze with the ubiquitous taxis available.

Oh! The breakfast buffet was just out of this world. I would give this hotel 6 stars if the option was available. Been back twice and can't wait for my return visit in 2 weeks.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, April 1, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and trust you are satisfied with our service and we are quite pleased to know that you will come back within few weeks.

Actually, our eforea spa launched new promotions for in-house guests, you are entitled 30% discount on all treatments before 17:00pm each day and Sunday whole day. If guests missed this time period, they can still get 10% discount at night when you back to hotel.

All Team Members at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I didn't stay here (although other delegates did, I was already in town at another hotel) but I was present for a formal dinner and a day-long conference. The formal dinner was very good and the staff coped well with serving courses of a formal Chinese dinner interspersed with various stages of an awards ceremony. The only surprising thing for a new hotel of this standing was how few of the waiting staff could speak any English, to the extent that I had to interpret for my table-mates fundamental things like "she's vegetarian"! The conference organisation was excellent and timed to perfection, and the conference lunch, especially the wild dessert station, was fabulous. I really enjoyed being here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, March 27, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you are satisfied with our service and F+B quality even though you did not stay with us.

Thank you for your feedback on our team member English skills, we will carry out English training for all service department team members in order to meet the expectation of our guests

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked this hotel via Ctrip and stayed here December 22-24 with my girlfriend. We stayed in the Deluxe Room.

The hotel requires a little walk from the subway station and initially I had a little trouble finding it but once you know how to walk there, the walk is only a few minutes.

The check-in was very smooth and professional and the bellboy was extremely helpful in carrying our luggage to the room.

I really appreciated the room and the amenities that came with it. I enjoyed how they provided a comfortable couch in the room. There was also cables for the TV and thus it enabled you to hook up your gadgets. The bathroom had two entrances and thus felt spacious. The seperate toilet stall and shower was wonderful. The bathtub was very nice although it would have been better if there was some way to pull a curtain. Other than that, I think it was a flawless bathroom.
The bed was extremely comfortable and if there wasn't so much to do in Guangzhou, I could definitely stay in the bed more.

As for the view from the room, when I first arrived, I didn't think much of it and was only fixated by the stadium in front. But as night fell, I was amazed by the absolutely spectacular view from the room. This was one of the best views I had from a hotel room in Guangzhou.

The service was very good. The housekeeping was friendly when we met them in hallway and allowed us to take some extra amenities. The concierge was very helpful and down to earth. When we wanted to go to a particular destination, he even suggested I go by bus as it was cheaper but very convenient. They recommended some good Chinese restaurants for me when I wanted a place to eat. The room service was a tad slow when I requested a bowl and utensils which was suprising considering the class of this hotel but it didn't affect my view of the service.

I used the lobby for WiFi and it was pretty fast and the sofas were comfortable. I was suprised at the hotel's lax attitude toward prostitution. When I was in the lobby one night a lady came in and I could instantly tell she was a prostitute due to the way she dressed considering the weather. She had sat down in the lobby to wait for her client. I just thought that it was weird that such a high class hotel would allow it.

Overall, I really liked this hotel and it made my stay in Guangzhou that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and trust you are satisfied with our service.Hotel just located in the heart of Tianhe CBD with less than 15 minutes walk to Guangzhou East Railway Station and few minutes walk to main shopping center and office buidling. We are quite pleased that you enjoy wonderful night sight in front of room window.

Moreover, we would alos recommend you taste our Chinese Restaurant Suixuan which locates on 5th floor with traditional Cantonese Cuisine. eforea spa is new concept spa managed by Hilton Worldwide which offers our guest an inspired and relaxed experience.

We are quite sorry that you feel unpleasant in the lobby about that lady who wear quite absonant dress. We will strengthen our management on this issue for sure.

Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for business and stayed in deluxe room.
I travelled to GuangZhou 3-4 times yearly and have stayed any times in Sheraton, Westin Tianhe and Sofitel Tianhe.
I have to agree to previous review that it was a good hotel in general and it just feel that it is lacking a bit of the outstanding elements.
The room was nice and clean however rather small (less than 40m2)
Location is OK,as taxis are cheap anyway.
Staffs are generally friendly and surprisingly speak good English compared to similar ranks hotel around Guangzhou. This is a big plus point when you are travelling in China.
Breakfast is adequate.

The things that I have to complain are sharp edges inside the room, such as floor lamps, coffee tables. There are too many stainless ornaments. The lightings on hallways, lobby and breakfast area is way too dimmed.

Swimming pool located outside,and since the weather was too cold and raining,i did not try them.
Also the shower pressure is not that strong enough.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, March 24, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and that you are satisfied with our service.As a frequent business traveler in Guangzhou, your advice for us is much valuable, sorry to make you feel upleasant about our in-room design.

We will work with Engineering Department to solve water pressure issues in shower rooms.

We are looking forward to welcoming your stay in guangzhou next time.

Best wishes

Jack
ENGLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night. I thought it was a good hotel in general and there was no major disappointing factors compared to other hiltons around the globe, just feel that it is lacking a bit of the outstanding elements.

The room was fine, nice and clean. Location is good but a little bit difficult to find if you are reaching the hotel by underground. Staff are generally friendly and tried their best to serve their guests.

Only one thing I have to complain is the room services menu: the English menu was confusing, the "24 hours menu" was not 24 hours. However, they did get the Chinese menu right. Suggest to re-check these English menu especially with regards what to be served at what time period...

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, March 19, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We appreciate your time in providing your comments in regard to in-room dinning menu issue. We will take action to check if the information on the menu is not accurate and we will improve our service standard accordingly.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Delayed review.
Best hilton I've stayed in and I'm a gold hhilton member so I stay in many.

Great location near heaps of shopping and restaurants.

Basically brand new!

Back again this week and looking forward to returning with my business partners

• Stayed November 2012
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Distinguished Honors Guest,

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and trust you are satisfied with our service.We are very pleased that you will come back with your business partner and stay in our hotel.

All Team Members at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe are looking forward to welcoming you.

Papeete, French Polynesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

From the 1st of March we spent 13 nights (and booked another last night in China at the end of the month). We had a great experience but ...

- We ask for the housekeeping to clean our room every 3 days and everyday they called us, let us messages and a paper under our door which is not very ecofriendly. The last time we ask for the cleaning they didn't change our sheets and pillows, generally it was OK but not perfect at all !! It was really disappointing.

- As a long stay in the hotel we hoped we will have maybe a letter and amenities such as chocolate or anything. We didn't hear a single word from the guest relation staff. We have to say we studied hospitality in France and have several experiences in groups such as Four Seasons, Accor (Sofitel), Starwood (St. Regis) ... across the world, both of us and our families are owner of hotels around the world.

- Internet was not free ! It was also quite disappointing to pay 30 RMB/ 24hours. We have many problems trying to make the thing work, sometimes it was working with the laptop but not with the Ipad, sometimes it was the contrary, sometimes we couldn't have internet at all!!! Then in the middle of our stay, surprise the cost doubled for no reason, and it cost us 60RMB/24 hours. And the problems were still present... the guest relation came in our room to see the problem and simply told us "the IT just started his weekend" ! As a hotelier I can understand but as a guest that pay for a service I don't care about the days off of the IT manager or if they doon't have enough staff, I pay for something I hope to get it running normally.
- When we did the check in at the reception, they explained us how busy there were with their check-in and let us wait a long time with no organisation from the waiting line.

Hopefully the conciergerie service (special thanks to Jacob, the captain of the conciergerie) helped us with the train booking and for his good advices. We had diner at the italian restaurant and loved the pizza, the chef for Italy was really nice; also the room service quality was really great !

We will be in the Hilton Beijing for several days and hope our stay will be better.
In the Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, those 3 negative points are not permitted in a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: You should defenitly ask a room on the city center side with a great view. The other side is meaning...