“Not in the best location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe

You added Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe to your Saves list
Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.215 Linhe Xiheng Road, Tianhe, Guangzhou 510500, China   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #6 of 2,818 Hotels in Guangzhou
Macau
“Not in the best location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed there during the Chinese New Year holidays and had reserved for two rooms. The hotel is not the most convenient for travelers at leisure. Despite it is close to the East Train Station, it is quite a long walk of not less than 30 minutes to the shopping area. One may argue that taxi is convenient. Check-in was fast and room was spacious.

We did take the buffet breakfast and there were a great variety. Moreover, tables were too close and as there were groups of tour guests in the morning that it made the environment very crowded and noisy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, February 16, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and trust you are satisfied with our service.Hotel locates on a secondary street in Tianhe CBD with few minutes walk to USA Consulate, IKEA, CITI Plaza, JUSCO and Guangzhou Railway Station.

All Team Members at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Recently I had the oppurtunity to be a guest at your hotel in Tianhe. One Trip Advisor comment by a guest states that whilst dining they asked for a pair of chopsticks and were told to get it themselves. I had no such experience. The entire process was perfection in service.That included the janitorial , housekeeping, fitness, dining, check in (Ms V Gong), and entrance staff. My guest and I were astounded at the level of service in all areas and by all in your employ.

I live in Guangzhou and could have stayed anywhere. A remark by my father at the Executive Lounge in the Conrad International in Hong Kong prompted my stay. I remember how he said the tea was good. The memory of that comment lead me to the decision to stay at the Hilton. I was thrilled about being there from start to finish.

During the later part of breakfast they started to prep for lucn. One of the item was so close to the morning food I thought it might be part of breakfast. But a taco for breakfast? I asked and it was not. The worker sensed my desire and offered me one. That was without prompting of any kind. You can not buy that kind of service.

The following two paragraphs express the positive aspect of my stay at your hotel. It is part of a letter I sent to the company after having bought a defective product (which they admitted) and the nightmarish process involved in the refund for the product.

"To that end I have this to say. You stands being their product and
the employees who represent the company do so with impeccable manners.
I was always treated with courtesy and genuine concern. Of course it
makes perfect sense that Ms Ng handed me that card. The gift, although
absolutely not necessary, was greatly appreciated.

Congratulations-the emotional bond has been secured. Thank you all for
doing the right thing and being fair whilst in the course of your
duties. I do hope the powers that be at recognize the
performance of their employees at all levels and give them the kudos
their deserve".

I felt so comfortable during my stay. Yes, employees are paid for a service and their professionalism. Yet there is a difference between service performed for payment and being compensated for service from the heart. The heartfelt manner in which their performed those duties made the difference. It is that difference which will once again direct me back to your hotel.

I look forward to one day to regaining my status as a gold card member, and I hope to achieve this as a guest at your hotel.

All the best and thank you,

John Marlon

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. John Marlon,

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and trust you are satisfied with our service. Thank you for your consistent support on Hilton Worldwide properties. It is our great honor to host you and your guests have a nice stay in our property.

Studio Ciity
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I come to Guangzhou for convention once a year. I usually stay in Ritz Carlton but this year I wanted to try a different hotel. I discovered a new hotel by hilton in tianhe area. It's in the city, close to everything. The rooms are modern, very clean. Pool and gym is excellent. The staffs are amazing, breakfast buffet is a treat.

I would go back again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, January 21, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and trust you are satisfied with our service. Hotel just locates in the heart of Tianhe Business District with walk distance to Guangzhou East Railway Station and office buildings

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here few days ago for a short get away from Macao.
Tried the bullet train from Zhuhai to Guangzhou and it was pretty easy & fast. (most convenient way to travel). Hotel is located near to the metro station which is really convenient.

Check-in was pretty fast and we were escorted to the lift by the receptionist.
Room was nicely appointed and clean. My room was overlooking the GuangZhou skyscrapers(best view from the property). Received a follow up call shortly after from the receptionist to check on my satisfaction. (not bad, Good service minded)

Went up to the Executive lounge for the afternoon tea and we were warmly greeted by lounge host. Food selection is so so. Too bad didn't get a chance to try the evening cocktail :(

Buffet dinner spread at Cafe@2 is really nice and more selections from seafood, Japanese, Cantonese and etc.

Tried the breakfast at Cafe@2 and once again the service was excellence.

Overall stay at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe was a pleasant one. Will visit again in the near future.

(forgot to mention that the Reservation agent Suphia assisted me with the reservations without any hesitations as I made a reservation for a wrong date. Kudos to her for her job excellent.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, January 13, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and trust you are satisfied with our service.Thank you for your consistent support for Hilton properties.

We are quite delighted that you find our food in T Lounge and cafe@2 satisfying and our team member Suphia offers you excellent service.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Hilton need to get a grip of this one.... The inconsistencies are astounding. Being loyal Hilton customers, we chose this hotel When on a business trip and were sorely disappointed by the hotel.
First impressions were good, friendly concierge, timely check in and a lovely room on an executive floor. The cracks started to appear rapidly after this.

The wifi in the room wasn't working which was frustrating as we were trying to receive emails regarding a meeting. Little did we know, this was nowhere near as frustrating as getting it fixed.
We went to a meeting soon after arriving so reported the wifi issue. We returned 10 hours later and it wasn't fixed.

We went for a beer in the hotel bar... But after being ignored for 15 minutes by the waiting staff, we got up and left. Probably a good thing as they wanted £8 a pint plus tip. I'm a businessman, not an idiot. We retired to a bottle beer in the room from the minibar (£1.40 and authentic Chinese beer) far more pleasurable wind down with the view from the room.

Next morning we woke up an called reception about the wifi again and they told us it was working (obviously not as we were sat in the room). They sent someone while we were at breakfast. We returned... Still not working. Hugely annoying when you have back to back meetings. I physically went to reception to complain, they sent somebody to the room again.. Long story short, after being held hostage for two hours by the IT guy, he told us the wifi was not configured for the worlds most popular equipment.. Apple.
We weren't allowed a drink during that time as we had no coffee for the Nespresso coffee machine as they hasn't stocked it before check in. So far, two perks of the exec rooms useless to us. After finally being able to access the world at our fingertips... We went about our business.

Upon our return we decided to have a beer from our minibar whilst freshening up. No joy there as they hadn't restocked it. They hadn't given us any coffee either. Called reception and told it was on the way. We waited and waited, but nothing, so we went to the exec lounge.
It was nice, the canapés were decent and as long as you didn't want your table clearing after, or want more than one drink... You're fine.

Next our adventure to the hotel bar... Where we were ignored again for 10 minutes, then we moved to sit at the bar hoping to be served, 10 minutes later... We were!
The place was dead, no excuse for it.

We then went for dinner, the Asian restaurant was useless, they didn't speak English and had no vegetarian meals on the menu for my wife. Next restaurant we chose was the buffet restaurant but we were forced to order off the menu as the buffet was only open another half hour. I received a plate full of chillies with 3 prawns with a small bowl of cold boiled rice. What a joke. My wife's meal, a bigger joke.

Return to the room, still no minibar or coffee. Attend reception and make the request for the third time. 15 minutes later, sachets of decaf coffee arrive with two warm bottles of beer. Nice!

The next day the nonsense continued much the same until checkout the next day and nobody from the hotel had a word to say about it. One member of staff who spoke English as a first language was visibly embarrassed upon giving constructive feedback.

On the plus side, the Italian restaurant was very good, expensive, much like the rest of the hotel but the Italian food cannot be faulted, the chef was clearly an expert and the manager of the restaurant was impeccable. In my opinion the hotel would be better off in his hands.

The hotel was clean and the decor is great, the breakfast is very good also, however, these high standards need to be applied across the whole hotel. Also you should not be expected to shell out the same money for a nights stay for every meal or round of drinks. Especially when local authentic restaurants serve a litre of beer for 90p.

This hotel needs to be Hiltonised again from scratch and the marks reflect an honest review from a grounded non snooty pair of guests.

• Stayed July 2012
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, January 10, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to all the issues you met in our hotel.

As a Hilton property, we feel very sorry that we failed to meet your expectation on our service and facilities. We already held all department heads meeting to review your comments in details and asked all relevant departments took action on improving our service quality.

During your first 2 days stay in July 2012, we met technical issue on our WIFI connection and we only fixed it 1 day later. At present, hotel already upgraded WIFI system with steady and high speed connection. We also conducted monthly team member training to enhance knowledge and service skills. We promise that your unpleasant experience at our Bar One will not happen again for any guest.

Regarding to Vegetarian Menu in outlet, we will let our chef work on it and provide more selection for various guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again.
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at the HIlton Guangzhou Tianhe hotel for 4 days in the context of a business trip during the end of November 2012. The establishment is brand new, and its location was very convenient. I stayed in a room on the executive floor, which granted me access to the lounge on the top floor. I found the service at the exec lounge to be especially professional and helpful, which was a plus, as I spent quite a lot of time there working. The fact that they served free snacks and diner there was a big plus also.
The exec room I had was nicely appointed, quite spacious and very modern. Bed was comfortable, I had a good view from my window, though the lighting was a bit dark. As for the food, everything was good, and the ingredients used were fresh, nothing to complain about.

Overall, I recommend this place, especially for business. It is well run, modern and in a convenient location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hilton Guangzho... T, Manager at Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe, responded to this review, January 9, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us and trust you are satisfied with our service.Hotel just located at the heart of Tianhe Business District and surrounded by shopping mall, office building and transportation hub.

As executive floor guest, you are entitled free breakfast and evening cocktail at executive lounge. We also encourage you have a try on our fitness center and spa at 6th floor.

Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

22 Dec. Walked from East Railways Stn. As Diamond Mamber, told my room upgraded to suite, which turnd out to be at best junior suite by general standard. Took shower and found water pressure low. Went to swimming pool, but difficult to swim long as it located outdoors. Returned to room and try to use bathtub, but all water went onto bathroom floor, not into bathtub as tap installed in horizontal direction. No turndown service. 23 Dec. No newspaper deliviered. Some guests in EX Lounge noisy watching video with PC in full volume. 24 Dec. Local English newspaper delivered. Went Chinese restaurant for 'Xmas Lunch'. Noisy. Asked for wine but told '没有’although wine bottle and menu displayed. Food was OK except lobster, cut so pooly that pieces of its shell scattered over other food and overcooked so much that its meat got as hard as rubber. Wanted to have it charged to my room bill but had to wait ages for them to confirm I was really hotel guest.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Greetings from Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to our service and unprofessional team members.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention and all department head already had a meeting to learn this lesson from your unpleasant stay. We will take action in relevant departments to review and improve our service standard.

Be assured, we will share your comments with relevant departments team members to avoid similar incidents in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Been to Hilton Guangzhou Tianhe? Share your experiences!