“SUPERB FACILITIES” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich

You added Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich to your Saves list
Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.988 Guangzhou Avenue Middle, Guangzhou 510620, China   |
Ranked #10 of 2,820 Hotels in Guangzhou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a great hotel, the bed was so comfortable, the rain shower was suburb and the club lounge benefits were the best I've ever experienced. It was so hard to leave the food in the club lounge, one could easily eat their fill and skip dinner, so much to choose from and of the highest quality. The staff in the club lounge were so friendly, they made my stay extra special. I would definitely stay here again if visiting Guangzhou.

Room Tip: pay the extra for Club Room Benefits, well worth the cost
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Bonjour! It is always a pleasure for us to receive positive feedback. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have only just arrived in my room at 3:40pm, arriving at the hotel an hours ago, well after the 2pm check-in time published on the booking. I was told my room would be 30-40 minutes, the check-in staff offered no apology, it was just a 'come back in 40 minutes. If this was truly a 5 star hotel with 5 star service, someone would offer you a drink, a suggestion of a place to sit and relax, something, ANYTHING! I went back 40 minutes later, and was just told that the room isn't ready, still no apology, suggestion of what to do, how long I might have to wait. If a hotel if working at full capacity, one would expect a 5 star hotel to at least offer a glass of water, a suggestion of what to do, not just keep a guest ill-informed with little or no concern. I'm in my room, its nice enough, but I am disappointed already. This isn't good enough. 3 star 'service' hiding behind 5 stars. I don't particularly care how the rest of the stay pans out because I know already that this is disappointing. I don't see how a 5 star hotel can expect someone to have a good stay if they can't even offer them an acceptible welcome. I really don't mind waiting, I only mind waiting for a room if the hotel really don't care about their inability to let a guest feel welcome and check-in on time. First and last time here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear guest,
Bonjour! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich. We do apologise that your experience did not meet your expectations.

At Sofitel We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. Please rest assured that this is an exceptional case and that you will enjoy a true welcome on your next stay.

Tahiti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I'm staying at the Sofitel from 3 to 10 August 2013, a magnificent hotel with perfect service, very large rooms with great views, the comfort of the room there is absolut, I love Club 29th floor, comfortable, luxurious, champagne, wine, and all kinds of dishes are offered, very proffessional service
Whenever I go to Guangzhou for business, I stay at the Sofitel,
one small problem, the hotel is situated in an area little ffréquenté, nothing around,
but unimportant, life is beautiful in some hotel like this!

Room Tip: choose the high room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear guest,
Bonjour! Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in a near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Every time I go to this Hotel, the concierge there always not helpful and make me disappointed.
They stood there not coming to help me with my suitcase. Maybe because I go there by Taxi. Even I stare at them, they just standing there still talking.

I always got the upgrade, that was very great. So pleasant about the manager's arrangement.

Room Tip: I have upgrade to a corner room, that was so great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Bonjour! Thank you very much for these comments. Please rest assured that we have looked into the issue and that the most professional welcome will be extended by our concierge when you return to Guangzhou.

Guangzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Except the queue in front of the reception, all the services were very good. The staff were very friendly. The taxi driver didn't have any change and the bellboy paid the taxi fee for us. We paid him back later. Room was clean and full of gadgets. Enjoyed the free wifi.
During the breakfast we enjoyed the good selection of different breads and cheeses very much. The French cuisine section was our favourite. Actually I was expecting to see a bigger restaurant but no one was waiting for a table.
It was our anniversary and the guest relations sent a very nice cake and a basket of fruits to our room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this review, September 6, 2013

Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Here again I would like to join all the people who experienced the Sofitel in Guangzhou.
Mine was restricted in having a brunch on a lazy Sunday. The moment we stepped into
the restaurant, we felt the difference compared to other similar venues.
A fresh Glass of Champagne was the perfect starter for an excellent Buffet.
I am not able to recall the number of dishes we tasted and the variety of food we had
without forgetting the desserts & fruits which were in display at both the buffet and on our
Table!
The only thing I do remember is that all what we had was excellent and first choice,
including the french wine which accompanied us through out that brunch.

Prices however are on the high end but worth it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich

Been to Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich? Share your experiences!