“Great Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West Tower, No.208 Tianhe Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510620, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
$50 off room rate
Ranked #12 of 2,710 hotels in Guangzhou
Denver, Colorado
“Great Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This place has everything. Great location bustling with a mall and street shops. The staff at the hotel is beyond helpful. The rooms are large and plush. Modern and classy. The lounge and buffett was great. I stayed here for one night on business and would highly recommend it if you want a great experience. It was expensive when I was there, but I here it is more reasonable when there isn't a major annual trade show goin on. Safe location and easy to get around.

Room Tip: Request higher floors for great views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
kevin w, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel. It is always great to hear our guests enjoy themselves during their stay. We appreciate your detailed and valuable comments regarding our location, hotel facilities and our service as well. We will continue to strive to provide the signature Sheraton experience to all our valuable guests.We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tashkent, Uzbekistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel during Canton fair, good stuff. Rooms are clean, big and cosy. Very good location next to Teemall and underground station. Good restaraunt with sea food and polite staff, but little bit small Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
kevin w, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Guangzhou and taking your time to review our hotel. We are very happy that you have a wonderful stay and we will continue to strive to provide the signature Sheraton experience to all our valuable guests. Sincerely, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton again.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our clients had asked us to use this hotel, and boy were they correct in doing so. The staff is amazing, and its rare for the first stay to encounter so many quality staffers. The lounge is on par with the Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou. The decor and rooms are one of the best I've seen yet with the Sheraton brand. The location is perfect for experiencing the city, its food and night life. We were upgraded to an amazing corner suite with views of the city center. The gym is the largest I've ever seen, its missing a few items but its nice to finally see a gym that can handle usage....

This location revives high market on all levels, strongly suggest while in Guangzhou.

Room Tip: Enjoy the Bene Italian restaurant pizza....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel and sharing your wonderful stay experience with us. We appreciate your comments regarding the good location, facilities as well as our service. We are very happy to have you with us while you are traveling in Guangzhou and we will continue to strive to provide the signature Sheraton experiences to all our valuable guests. we look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel.
Hangzhou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here during the canton fair. Rooms were excellent, service was very good. Restaurant is middle level by Sheraton standards, quite small so not as many buffet options as other Sheratons, but you won't be disappointed,and location is very good close to the canton fair.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel and sharing your stay experience with us. We appreciate your comments regarding our good locations, facilities, and our service as well.
And we are very happy that you have a wonderful stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The rooms are large and very nicely appointed. The location of this hotel is also excellent. It is close to the subway station and there are several good restaurants nearby. This hotel is new and very nice!

• Stayed November 2012
kevin w, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel while you’re travelling here! We are very happy that you have a wonderful stay and thank you to share your experience with us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Sheraton messed up my reservation (a guaranteed reservation on late arrival) and as a result, arranged for me to stay at the Soluxe and how. Late night they had a steward escort me to the Soluxe who accompanied me to the suite and made sure the suite was all right. The next morning they had a limo waiting outside to bring me back to the Sheraton and they put me into their best 15th floor suite. On check in a glass of sparkling and a warm and cold towel was presented with apologies from the various managers.
Again a train of managers escorted me to the suite and made sure I was settled in.
A bowl of fresh fruit awaited.
In short Sheraton made up for its goof up in style.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience we brought to you regarding your reservation, and we appreciate you shared your stay experience with us, as your valuable comments provides us with important information that allow us to improve for the future. Your comments has been passed to our hotel management team to prevent the similar events occuring again. Sincerely, we are looking forward to you return.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am currently staying at this hotel and have never experienced such poor customer service. My reservation was for Four Points by Sheraton at Guaungzhou but when I presented my booking details to the check-in desk I was informed that no booking existed. As my partner had made this booking I was unaware that I was at their sister hotel, thus I did not question what the staff were saying. I had showed them this booking and although Four Points by Sheraton was stated on my booking not once did they inform me that I was at the wrong hotel. As a tourist I was unsure of where I was supposed to go, and was relying on what I thought was professional information from a leading brand. However I was not told about Four Points nor re-directed there and as I had to go to meetings I was left with no option but to book a room at Sheraton. There's no hope for a hotel when the staff themselves don't even know that a sister hotel exists, nor did they have the decency to inform me that I had to go down the road to Four Points. Consequently due to a lack of information and quite possibly the incapability of the staff when it comes to basic reading skills, I have had to book a room here. The staff have even informed me that there is "nothing that they can do". I have never experienced such poor customer service, and a group of staff that don't even want to help. This is extremely disappointing and is a matter that I will be progressing. Management may want to consider training for their staff and informing them that they should not be trying their best to rip-off customers.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel? Share your experiences!