“Brand new hotel in a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel

You added Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.208 Tianhe Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510620, China   |
Ranked #6 of 2,830 Hotels in Guangzhou
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Paris
“Brand new hotel in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The Sheraton Guanzhou is very well located just besides the subway station Tiyu Xilu and besides a major mall with foodcourt, major fashion brands and a supermarket, which makes it very convenient.
The only downfall of this location is traffic. During rush hours, expect easily 40 minutes to get to the Pazhou exibition center. But that s the price of being right in the heart of the city.

The hotel ,being brand new, only a few months old, looks great. The lobby is huge and nice.
The rooms are well designed with a lot of space. Just dont expect something original, the design is very standard of the new high end hotels.
Bathroom has ample space as well, with all you can expect from a high end hotel.

Check in and check out is fast and efficient, nothing much to say. Service is overall good except for the concierge staff who did give us the answers needed but every time we went for information seemed annoyed to be disturbed....Better not work as a concierge if one is not keen on being asked for information....
We used the shuttle bus service for the Canton fair and were kind of disappointed that they would cramm the bus using every single foldable seat before leaving. Most people having a carry on trolley bag, everyone had to have their baggage on their lap and it was really a suffocating atmosphere not really on par with the premium being paid during Canton fair periods...But well...

Breakfast was nice with lots of choice. The buffet had western, chinese, japanese dishes with all you can expect from a higher end hotel.

We tried the Chinese restaurant and well were not too convinced. Though the staff is very well trained and helpful and the design and setting very nice, the dishes were kind of blend...We werent sure whether it was due to the fact it was supposed to be "haute cuisine" but well despite fancy presentations, the dishes had no taste.

Overall this is a pretty good hotel worth its price. Location is excellent, rooms are fine, nothing much lacking.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
kevin w, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for taking your precious time to review our hotel and share your such detail and valuable comments with us. And the comments posted regarding your stay are very appreciated by Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel as constructive feedback is always well received.

It was our great honor to have your high evaluation regarding to our food, facilities, location and service, and we do apologize for the unexpected concierge and shuttle bus service you have experienced during your stay, we will pass the queries to related departments to enhance improving and supervising. And we will continuously strengthen service training to all our staffs to ensure all our guests will have a memorable experience.

We would like to thank you again for your time to have feed back to us. We are sincerely looking forward to welcome you again for a renewing experience at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Thai first
flacq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Oh just by reading the reviews I made a booking there in December. Hope my stay will be as enjoyable as yours. And I liked the way you all described the decor and the rooms. Hope I don't get any food problem there.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
kevin w, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank you so much for taking time to write this massage to us, and we are very appreciate that you choose to stay with us at Sheraton Guangzhou. Sincerely, we are looking forward to welcome you for a wonderful experience in Guangzhou. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be any of your assistance as I would be more than happy to help.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This brand new Sheraton has spacious rooms and good service. The gym is excellent (but a little warm) and room service quality is good. Good value overall.

• Stayed November 2011
kevin w, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you so much for taking time to share your great experience for your recent stay at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel. We are very appreciate that we could have your high evaluation regarding to our service and facilities, and it was our great honor to bring you such nice experiences. We would like to thank you again for your comments and we are looking forward to welcome you again for a renewing experience at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel.
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

i stayed there during canton fair which they triple the prices(usd350 per night)
But it was very clean and delightful decorated hotel.Try Luxury King Bed room.You can rent their limo for airport transfer(110usd)that will make things easier for you if it is your first time in Guangzhou.They have very nice italian restaurant inside the hotel and they serve delicious foods.Very helpful staff but poor english.Very nice and clean fitness center the pool was not finished yet,The location is very good you are in downtown Tianhe district and very closed to 2 biggest shopping malls of the city.There is a starbucks coffee right next door in TEE mall.i will definitely stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
kevin w, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you so much for choosing Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel during you stay in Guangzhou and sharing your nice experiences with us. We are very appreciate that we could have your very highly evaluation regarding to our hotel decoration, food, fitness center and the location, and it was our great honor to bring you such nice experiences. We do apologize for our staffs English skills which might bring inconvenience to our valuable guests, and we will reinforce the training for them to enhance their communication skills in order to provide more efficient and helpful service to all our guests. Thanks again for staying with us. We looking forward to welcoming you again for a renewing experience at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel.
melbourne australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I can't believe this hotel is ranked 132 it is far better than that I would say it is in the top 12 in Guangzhou. Stayed at Westin many times The Garden and The China Hotel and many more that are ranked higher but they are not the complete package as is The Sheraton .
This hotel is in a great location it offers excellent value and most importantly it's restaurants are great both the Italian restaurant and Chinese
Sweet sleeper beds are fantastic

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
kevin w, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you so much for choosing Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel and sharing your great experiences with us. It was such an honor that we could have your very highly evaluation regarding to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again for the great experience at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel and wish you all the best!
Batam, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Location: As posted in previous reviews, you can't go wrong with the location.

Room: I checked into a deluxe double beds room. I find the bed comfortable. The room design is definitely good. The furniture they use are also of good quality. My favorite is the bathroom, especially the shower. You can't go wrong with Grohe!

Fitness: Amazing equipment. You should try the shower in their locker room. The rain shower head is MASSIVE!!! A pity the pool wasn't opened but it didn't bother me that much.

Breakfast: I had breakfast in Executive Lounge and also the Second Floor area. Service-wise, I find that second floor employees are friendlier. The spread is good with enough variety. If only the waitress in Executive Lounge would let me know I could order other things.

Service: I was greeted immediately upon arrival. Almost every employee I met put on great smiles on their face. The room director, Richard, also came up and greeted me and other guests with great courtesy. The guys attending to the Canton Fair shuttle bus were great. The concierge was great. Special thanks to Colin for being super-duper friendly and helpful.

Sadly, there was only one exception. Sally, the receptionist whom helped me check in was definitely not in a good mood. I even joked with Colin about her maybe in a bad mood. The next day after my first breakfast on the Executive Lounge, I went down and wanted to check if I could have breakfast on the second floor instead. I mentioned that I just had breakfast in Executive Lounge and before I could finish my sentence she replied 'This is a special case, take it as hotel compliments' with a rather rude look. Then she walked away.

Later I found out from others that the platinum SPG cardholder need to be present to enjoy the platinum benefit. Yeah okay, if someone has explained to me nicely, I would understand.

Overall: I still think this is a great hotel with great service, especially being a newly opened one. It definitely lives up to Sheraton standard. Please be mindful that mine is an isolated case. I will definitely come back and stay here when I visit GZ again

Room Tip: Walk across the street and MUST eat at this chinese restaurant called 'xiang chun guan'. It...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel while you are travelling to Guangzhou! It was such an honor that we could have your very detailed comments and high valuation regarding to our hotel. We are highly appreciated for sharing with us your detailed staying experiences,
We do apologize for the un-expectation service you have experienced during your stay; we will investigate this case immediately. Meanwhile, we would like to thank you for your highly evaluation on our staffs who has presented our hospitality during your arrival.
Thanks again for staying with us and your loyalty on Starwood hotels. We looking forward to welcoming you again for a renewing experience at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel.
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Brand new hotel in an excellent location in Tianhe district. I think it was supposed to open last year but many delays. Teemall is right next door and offers many shops, a grocery store (Jusco) and cafes / restaurants. Head to the 5th and 6th floors for restaurants. A major metro stop (Ti yu xi lu) is also located here. The metro system is very easy to use in Guangzhou but it can be very crowded during peak periods.
Things I liked:
Location is great. The East Railway station is two metro stops away. Word of warning...if you decide to take a taxi to the railway station give yourself plenty of time. Even though it is nearby, it can be very difficult to get a taxi at times in Guangzhou and because of one way streets and heavy traffic it can take longer than you think to get there!
The rooms are a decent size, clean and bright.
Nice Gym

What I did not like:
Smell of paint/chemicals in the corridor outside my room.

Inconsistent Service: I stayed a number of nights and found the service in the Executive lounge to be hit and miss. Only once was I asked if I would like tea or coffee at breakfast time. All the other times I had to get it myself. I ordered eggs one morning but had to ask 3 different members of staff before I got them.

For evening snacks (Happy Hour) this has to be the worst executive floor of any sheraton/westin/le meridien I have ever visited. Definitely room for improvement here. Also one night the staff were very slowly at clearing plates, glasses etc. I noticed glasses, cup, plates etc left in many areas. This is despite the fact that atleast 3 staff members were on duty.

Beds: I agree with the previous reviewer about the comfort of the beds. I did not have a single good nights sleep.

If you are looking forward to using the POOL then you will be disappointed. It has not been built yet and not due to open until sometime next year!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
kevin w, Manager at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you so much for choosing Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel while you are travelling to Guangzhou! It is such an honor that we could have your detail comments and detailed valuation. we do applogize for the inconsistent service you experienced during your stay. We are highly appreciated for your valable comments, which are extremly helpful for our imporvement of service. we will send this massage to our staff and reinforce the training for them. We are truly sorry for the unavailability of our swimming pool, now we have placed an notification on Tripadvisor and also other hotel official page. We look forward to welcoming you again for a renewing experience at Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel.

Been to Sheraton Guangzhou Hotel? Share your experiences!