“Consistency” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Guangzhou

Save Saved
You added The Westin Guangzhou to your Saves list
The Westin Guangzhou
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.6 Linhe Middle Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510620, China   |
Offers & Announcements
LIMITED!UP TO 25% SAVINGS
Ranked #7 of 2,778 hotels in Guangzhou
Mexico City, Mexico
“Consistency”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Westin is synonymous of quality. You can agree that is not the best, but for sure you will find great service, accommodations and location. In China you cannot go wrong when choosing a Westin and this one is excellent.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinGuangzhou, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Guangzhou, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful experience during your recent stay at The Westin Guangzhou! We are delighted to learn that you had a enjoyable stay with us and were impressed with our rooms, facilities, and location. Thank you once again for your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

883 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here for a night, experienced a little hiccup at check-in but overall it was a pleasant stay. The lobby of the hotel is a typical chinese five stars hotel, with a great big lobby clean and bling. The incident at check in was that I went straight to the SPG counter and were served by their brand new staff – Jane, she wasn’t quite confident about her role and lack of knowledge about the hotel. I had two parcels hold at the concierge I told her about three times that I wished to have them deliver to me room and she showed her nervousness by pointing to the computer screen as she read the email. I asked her where is the executive lounge for SPG members and surprised surprised she indicated that she had no idea where the lounge is. I am sure this is a common question among platinum members or suite guests.
I stayed at 3808 the renewal suite. this suite has a marvelous view overlooking the stadium, with this massage chair can definitely relief my tiredness from all the traveling
When I walked into my room I saw this little chap plugged in, what a caring hotel they know that I need a charger for my phone and it was all prepared for me, don’t even need to give their room service a call. Made my day
They provided bath salt and a loather for bath I think this is the second hotel which provide bath salt. would definitely come back to this hotel, location is convenient only 5 mins away from the metro station. If you need to travel from hong kong or else where in china the main train station is only 5 mins away too and hotel does provide a shuttle to the station, contact the concierge for arrangement.

more photos on http://pattyluvtravel.wordpress.com

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
TheWestinGuangzhou, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Guangzhou, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused at check in. Your comments have been shared among our operation team and please rest assured that the corrective action had been taken in order to ensure a better service to be provided in the future. The Westin Guangzhou is committed to service excellence and to ensure we provide a renewing experience to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Guangzhou in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Chose this hotel as the venue for my meeting and I love it. Rooms were huge with excellent amenities. I usually have problems falling asleep immediately in foreign lands, but I have no problems at the Westin. Love the Heavenly bed.

Hotel is at the CBD area and is closed to 2 metro lines as well as the railway station to Hong Kong.

Food provided at the meeting were great as well as at Hong Mian. Services provided by the banquet department were great!

Staff name tags had their passion and it was fun chatting to them about it.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting The Westin Guangzhou for your recent stay. The East Train Station provides a direct train link between Guangzhou and Hong Kong ensuring our hotel has a prime location within the city. Your comments regarding our signature product, Heavenly Bed is appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just had another wonderful stay at the Westin Guangzhou. This hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the Tianhe business district, across the street from Citic Plaza, and a few minutes walk to Guangzhou East Railway Station. I have stayed here quite frequently in the past three years. The facilities are top notch, and equally wonderful is the staff, who make you feel completely comfortable, and attends to your every need.

As SPG Lifetime Platinum member, for this most recent stay, once again they offered me an upgrade to the Renewal Suite. This room is huge, about 750 square feet, well furnished, and I really like the hardwood floor. The heavenly bed is fabulous, so is the heavenly shower. Oh, this kind of suite is equipped with a massage chair where you can have a back/leg massage, a good way to relax and renew after a long day.

I like most of the restaurants in the hotel. Breakfast buffet on the 2nd floor offers a good selection of Western and Chinese food. The Prego on the top floor has some decent Italian food, and the lunch special is a pretty good deal. The Cantonese restaurant on the 4th floor is also execellent, and during my last visit, they even custom made a dish, very nice of them.

I find this Westin as a place to have a wonderful and relaxing time, and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Get a renewal suite if you can
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful experience during your recent stay at The Westin Guangzhou! We truly appreciate and value you as our Platinum guest, and it is always a pleasure to welcome you back. Your compliments will serve as an added motivation to our team to carry on the service that you have experienced. We look forward to welcome you again on your next visit.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a great hotel that meets the standard for the westin hotels around the world. The rooms are great and the staff is always trying to make sure your expectations are being fulfilled.

This hotel has a way through the show that takes you inside the action in less than 5 minutes without the crowd.

I really reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room from one of the executive floors .
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful experience during your recent stay at The Westin Guangzhou! We are delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were impressed with our rooms, services, and the friendliness of our team.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have stayed at Westin Guangzhou many times whenever I am in Guangzhou. The location and the view from any of their rooms says it all. On my recent visits, I found that I had overlooked a very important (and on reflection, I had intuitively come to expect it from them) aspect of why I liked the hotel, ie the Bright Smiles whenever I return to the hotel at Check-in. I am a SPG member (but so are several other travellers!) and they never fail to remember my name, my room preference - and also that fact that I always wanted 2 card keys (something not updated in my SPG profile) as I often keep a "spare" key in my briefcase (in case I lose the key card in my pocket).
The Check In staff are fantastic and welcoming despite being stretched at some instances when a huge load of tourists walk through the door. I have never seen any sour face turning away from the counter during any of my visits, or even when I am going out through the front door and passing the check-in counter.
The rooms and fantastic and so is the service.... BUT the thing that makes my visit easier is the Bright Smile I have come to expect from them.
Keep it up!

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you are looking for a good business hotel within walking distance (5 mins) from Guangzhou East train station (Guangzhou to Hong Kong) then this is the one. This hotel is excellent; staffs are friendly, well trained and mannered. Hotel facilities are excellent; a good Western / Asian breakfast is available at the coffee shop, a good Italian restaurant on the top floor, and a good bar on the ground floor. There is also an excellent heath club with both an outdoor and indoor pool. Rooms are very quiet, having stayed here many times it is rare that you can hear any other room noise.

The Westin brand definitely lives up to to its reputation, management in charge of staff training clearly understand what the business travel expects.

Only down side is internet is charged as an additional, while the coffee shop no-smoking area tends to be stuffy as the air conditioning in poor.

Room Tip: Sit in the smokers section of the coffee shop as AC is better, generally not many people smoke.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinGuangzhou, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Guangzhou, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying at The Westin Guangzhou and additionally we thank you for your comments, which are highly appreciated. Although we do charge for internet in the guest rooms, complimentary WiFi is provided in all public areas of the hotel. Your feedback regarding the air conditioning is appreciated. We will arrange to have this rectified immediately. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. It is feedback such as yours that helps us improve our level of service to our guests in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin Guangzhou in the future.

Been to The Westin Guangzhou? Share your experiences!