“Average hotel, good value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Landmark International Hotel Science City Hotel

Save Saved
You added Landmark International Hotel Science City Hotel to your Saves list
Landmark International Hotel Science City Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Lanyue Road, Luogang District, Guangzhou 510610, China (Dongpu)   |
Ranked #167 of 2,545 hotels in Guangzhou
Los Angeles, California
“Average hotel, good value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and had an ok experience. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros
-Very good location, walking distance to the train station, shopping and restaurants.
-Very affordable
-Room was clean

Cons
-Service was not great. Everyone seemed flustered at the desk when I checked in and no one offered to help me with my luggage (a first in China). I tried to call down a request an iron and my request was not fulfilled. I finally had to walk down to the desk and ask in person for an iron.
-No iron in room
-Beds were rock hard (I know being a westerner that I'm likely spoiled with soft beds)

Overall I would probably stay here again, as it is just for business. If it were for pleasure, I would likely stay at a higher rated hotel with better dining options. I do hear the spa in the hotel is good, although I did not have an opportunity to try it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

The beds are HARD as rock and the bath room is definitely not suitable for 2 person on a business trip. All of the staffs are rude even when we can communicate in mandarin. The central heater is never switched on and the service staff will only come into your room to do useless adjustments to the heater switches. When reported to the reception, their response was 'our front desk is cold' (thats too bad for the visitors).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Shenyang, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

My wife and I got what I believe was called a "superior" room, one step above the starting level. We booked online, getting a room with a twin bed, and discovered our room had two twins. No problems.

The hotel has staff that speaks English. This is always good to know for us foreigners.

If I shared a room with a business partner, I would have been in for a shock. The bathroom has no door. It has a frosted glass wall separating it from the bedroom area. There was a sliding glass door that blocked either the toilet or the shower. If one of average height walked in to the bathroom while someone was in there, one could see a little too much, as only 2/3rds or less of the sliding door was frosted. This was unsettling and inconvenient. There was also a wall-length mirror in the bathroom. This, in combination with the two beds in the room, sent a mixed message: Was it meant for friends and business partners, or for lovers? Nevertheless, the sliding glass door was effective at sealing in unpleasant noises.

As far as I can tell, frosted glass is a trend in Chinese bathrooms, though I am unsure if they are a trend in the West. I think many American travelers would be more comfortable with a traditional bathroom without the glass and with a wooden door to enclose it.

The bed was comfortable, our night's rest was peaceful and quiet. The price was fair. The location was convenient, located near the East Train Station and a shopping district, not to mention the US Consulate. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Montreal, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

This hotel is good value for the money ,the service is outstanding ,we are from Canada so the food is not what we really like ,but the hotel has a great breakfast with north american food ,we found a great Italian restaurant called dannys Google the location the food is awesome if you not into the chinese food ,and its only a ten rmb ride from the hotel

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

If you're looking for a nice place to stay at an affordable price, this place is for you. I attended the Canton Fair last October in Guangzhou. I travelled with my brother and a friend. We were three in the room. There is no charge for the extra-person. However, the buffet breakfast is for two only. You have to pay around 168 RMB for the breakfast. We didn't get another buffet breakfast since it's costly. The food outside the hotel costs around 13 RMB (at the cheapest price).

The lobby is spacious. The ceiling in the hallways is a bit low. My brother can touch the ceiling. But when we got to our room, the ceiling is high enough. The room was neat and tidy. Our room has a window overviewing the restaurants and roads. In addition, there is complimentary bottled water everyday. There is also a business center where you can print your business reports or university stuff. The hotel sits in a good location. It is walking distance to the railway station. It will take you around 10-15 minutes to get to the train. It is also near Jinguo Hotel where we claimed our IC Badges for the fair. The hotel also services a free bus to the Canton Fair. On our first day, the bus left us. We got a taxi cab. It cost us around 180 RMB from the hotel to the Pazhou Complex. And the travel time is around 15-30 minutes.

We haven't checked out the nightlife because we were tired from the fair. On our last day, we checked out the Chimelong rides. It's a good ride for yuppies. We plan to return for the safari and theater acts this year. Also, the staffs were friendly. They can speak English and guided us to the Chimelong center.

Overall, I recommend this hotel to yuppies who would like to check Guangzhou's Canton Fairs.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Landmark International Hotel Science City Hotel? Share your experiences!