“Great Hotel Close to Masjid Al Nabawi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah

You added Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah to your Saves list
Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   King Fahad Street | Central Area, Medina 41455, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 110 Hotels in Medina
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel Close to Masjid Al Nabawi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my father and brother in October 2013. This hotel, although a bit dated, was very clean and reasonably spacious. The hotel is a maximum of 5 mins walk from Masjid Al Nabawi's King Fahd Gate, depending on crowds.

We were on the 3rd floor (non VIP rooms). The room had two big beds + a single bed for the 3rd person. Definitely enough space for all three.

Room service was good and timely. Food at the buffet breakfast and dinner was very good. The hotel is next to many shops, a shopping mall and of course the open air market vendors, so enough places to buy all those post Hajj gifts.

The only criticism I have of the hotel is that it only has 4 lifts. (2 servicing floors 1-7 and 2 servicing floors 8 -13). This mean that the lifts were very busy during salah times, when everybody goes to Masjid Al Nabawi. There is an additional lift which only goes to the Mezzanine floor which helps, but not much.

I would recommend this hotel for its closeness to Masjid Al Haram and shopping, as well as the food and rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
M-Alsaadany, at Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Dar AlHijra Intercontinental Madinah It's pleasing to know you had an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and services .
Thank you for appreciating our "friendly and helpful" staff and the room upgrade that you received.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel, hopefully in the near future.

Sales Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

When I first read about the location of the hotel, I thought it was far, but to be honest, it is not at all. The difference in distance between front line hotels such as Dar al Taqwa, Taib Arac, etc... is literally just 200 meters, so it is veryyy close (only if you find that a big distance ;) ).

Stay: October 24-26, 2013

Hotel:
The hotel is well maintained and many pilgrims do come to the hotel, so you would expect it to be continuously maintained.

Welcoming:
As i arrived to the hotel, I approached the reception, as soon as I presented my IHG membership card, I was guided to a guest relations supervisor who handles IHG. They were extremely welcoming and check-in happened in 2 minutes. This supervisor went up with me to the room which was a very good move. The King Size Bed room was really spacious, and cozy, the bathrooms are okay, but need to be a bit more maintained to keep the balance between the room style and bathroom.

Room:
The first room I was given was room 412, it was very good but they forgot to clean the bathroom before I came in, so I had some female hair (very not pleasant) in the shower. I called supervisor and he sent up the housekeeping manager to check up on it and clean it. They came directly with a bowl of fruits as a hotel compliment and they cleaned the bathroom, they asked me if I cared to change my room, but I said it was fine so.....
Although I had a good night sleep, I did not like the fact that I found hair in the bathroom. So next day I called up another supervisor called Mr. Hatem Al-Khalifi to ask for a room change, and he was AMAZINGLY understanding and him knowing I am a IHG member, I was treated exceptionally. He apologized constantly about what happened and he decided to upgrade me to a suite. YES A SUITE!!!

The new suite was amazing very spacious clean and I got fruits, big bottle of water, sweets, and dates as compliments (sweeet :)) The rest of my stay was excellent, and surprisingly after I had moved to my new suite, I was called by the supervisor late in the afternoon to check if all is good and if I needed anything else. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Food:
I had just breakfast over there, all i can say it is perfect cz the selection is very very wide and its more than you need for a breakfast.

Check-Out:
You do not get this much, but being a IHG member does everything for you in Intercontinental. They allowed me to check-out at 17:00 which is something you will hardly get in other hotels.

All in All, i would definitly go back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on on the curve side of the hotel, as these ones can see the Haram Al Nabawi!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Not the nearest to the holy mosque but great. We were in the VIP suites on floor 13. The suite has 1 master room and 2 other bedrooms, with en-suite each. The master bed has a king bed and another 3 single beds along with special area for the wardrobes. The other 2 bedrooms have 2 queen beds each with private wardrobe. Each bedroom is fully furnished. There is a fourth smaller bedroom with 2 single beds near the kitchen for the servants with private toilet and bath. There is a huge kitchen. There is also a very huge lounge and dining room. There is an extra toilet and bath out side the main lounge. The breakfast was assorted and delicious. The staff were very friendly.
I would recommend anyone to book this hotel if asked!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Al Hofuf, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

It is one of the best hotels....service is excellent..staff are very helpful...room is clean and big...room service food is very tasty...must try the chucken curry with rice...the hotel is near to haram...2 minutes walking...also it is a busy area and alot of shops are there....overall IHG is a superb hotel chain

• Stayed August 2013

Bettendorf, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Awesome hotel near the masjid and other areas. The staff are nice but it's hit or miss with front desk people. Hathim (Relations Manager) and Mohammed Ali (Reservations) are both awesome! They take really good care of us each time we stay and shoud be commended for their customer service!

As a Platinum Elite member, they make each trip worthwhile and make sure i'm happy which is what i expect when visiting the property and especially when visiting Madinah.

Overall, I recommend this place - i've been coming here for more than three years and continue to enjoy the service, food, and hotel! Become an IHG member and be ready to enjoy!

Room Tip: Go for rooms on 12-14 floor - nice presidential suites!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hi,

My stay in Dar Al Hijra was from 21/06 till 24/06 2013, staff is friendly and service level is fast but the restaurant food is not at intercontinental standards at all.

Food is not tasty, yet its price is good, BF. is OK. but DONT try their menu food..

they make an open boufet lunch, but i wasn't enthusiastic enough to try it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is highly appreciated. We apologize for the inconvenience occurred during your stay. We believe that we can only improve our services through valuable comments like yours. To address and solve your concerns I would appreciate if you can send me an email on the below address with the full details of your experience. Looking forward to receiving your email and rest assured of any personal attention to your concerns.

Best regards,

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my family, we had 2 rooms interconnecting. Staff looked after us very well. My mother was in a wheelchair and she needed an disabled room with a walk in shower, this was not possible the first night but we were moved to another room which also did not have a walk in shower. The two Duty Managers thought of a way to make sure my mum was ok and they got the maintenance manager to fix the shower head so it got adjusted in a way that my mother was able to use the bath. Top marks to the Duty Managers Omar and Hatim, went the extra mile to make sure we had a comfortable trouble free stay. I will definitely be back

• Stayed May 2013

Sales Executive

Been to Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah? Share your experiences!