I stayed in this hotel with my father and brother in October 2013. This hotel, although a bit dated, was very clean and reasonably spacious. The hotel is a maximum of 5 mins walk from Masjid Al Nabawi's King Fahd Gate, depending on crowds.
We were on the 3rd floor (non VIP rooms). The room had two big beds + a single bed for the 3rd person. Definitely enough space for all three.
Room service was good and timely. Food at the buffet breakfast and dinner was very good. The hotel is next to many shops, a shopping mall and of course the open air market vendors, so enough places to buy all those post Hajj gifts.
The only criticism I have of the hotel is that it only has 4 lifts. (2 servicing floors 1-7 and 2 servicing floors 8 -13). This mean that the lifts were very busy during salah times, when everybody goes to Masjid Al Nabawi. There is an additional lift which only goes to the Mezzanine floor which helps, but not much.
I would recommend this hotel for its closeness to Masjid Al Haram and shopping, as well as the food and rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah is a mere quarter-kilometre (800 feet) from the Prophet's Mosque and offers a magnificent view of Ohud Mountain. You'll walk to shops and the business district, and take a short drive to important sites such as the Quba' Mosque, the Qiblatain Mosque, the tombs of Madain Salah and the Jannatul Baki graveyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Al Hijra Intercontinental Madinah Hotel Medina
- Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah Al Madinah/Medina