PATHETIC EVER EXPERIENCE IN HILTON MADINAH.
It was almost mid-night when I reached Madinah, Saudi Arabia with my mother and rest of the family were coming by road. As soon as we came out form the Airport we hired one Cab who initially demanded fare five times more (SAR.20 x 5 SAR.100). Although it is a Pious City and Residents are all Muslim but you have to be very careful while making any deal. Anyhow I made a deal @ 50 Saudi Riyal which was more than the standard fare i.e. SAR.20 but it was my compulsion to do so, because my mother was too tired and sleepy because of her old age.
Finally, we reached in HILTON Madinah and it took 40 minutes to get the TWO CONNECTING ROOMS, (connecting room means, two single room that has one internal door to connect with but basically these are two separate rooms and normally uses & consider as single room). During the booking process, remaining family members were also arrived (by road). At reception, there was only one person to entertain the customers even though it was a Thursday night which usually considers as Peak Day. No brochure or rate list were given which will prove that the representative’s rates are same as “Rate List” so I had to believe anyway, same as other customers. (Note: Before going to Hilton Hotel Madinah, I got an idea from booking.com about the rates which were not as high as I paid there)
Highlights of our booked package:
1. ROOM had CITY VIEW as Haram View rooms were all booked.
2. Continental Breakfast
3. Mini Refrigerator with Chocholates, Pepsi & Juices
4. Mineral Water was complimentary provided on daily basis (Two for Each Room – Medium size)
5. Electric Kettle with Complimentary Tea Bags, Green Tea Bags, Sugar.
6. Electric Iron with Pad.
7. HILTON FREE PARKING: Parking was full so our vehicle was parked by HILTON management infront of the gate even though it was no parking but we were relax because HILTON management took the responsibilities.
8. INTERNET SERVICE: There was NO WiFi however WIRED INTERNET SERVICE was available @ additional cost i.e. SAR.100.
9. Location is good enough & Elevators are in good numbers but remember be very carefull while griping the handrail it will give you a light earth current.
Now talk about the Stay:
We booked Hilton for three days assuming as FIVE STAR so we were expecting the five star services but unfortunately and regret to say that HILTON did not provide FIVE STAR services but amount was charged for five star.
1. Room Cleaning Service was very very poor and we had to make 5 calls minimum in order to empty dustbin or make room/clean washroom/change of towels.
2. To get the complimentary Mineral Water Bottles, it was our duty to remind them (several times) on daily basis otherwise they won’t even bother to ask you.
3. TV Remotes were broken.
4. Ball Point was not available in the notepad.
5. Carpet was very dirty, Hilton should replace.
6. Bathroom was missing tooth brush, toothpaste, maswaak
7. Hilton management wrongly billed SAR.115 into my balance amount which took 45 minutes to settle and for that I had to call my family members infront of HILTON Manager, Supervisor & Delivery Man to prove that we didn’t place & receive any order, Thanks to ALLAH, that order was placed & received by a man whose nationality & language was different from us otherwise we had to pay same as we paid for PARKING TICKET.
8. Our vehicle which was parked by HILTON MANAGEMENT infront of its main gate, got a ticket of SAR.300 by Traffic Sargent and when we approach to the Customer Service Manager he simply denied to pay or denied to settle in our final bill.
I wouldn’t recommend HILTON MADINAH because now I don’t consider this hotel & services as a five star, I believe that hotel gets the STAR on their services & facilities BUT my experience with HILTON is pathetic ever. A Hotel that can wrongly billed what more you can expect from them? From the reception to Account all need to be replaced with the professional & dedicated staff. All the staff including heads need to be re-trained because they are ready to serve you @ their best IF you have a TIP for them.
I have experience staying in different five star hotels and when I compare with them it is far far away from them. In our whole stay it doesn’t even give a feel of FIVE STAR so in simple words IT IS AN HEADACHE, WASTE OF AMOUNT and WILL RUIN YOUR TRIP.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Please allow me to extend our deepest apologies for the un-favourable service you have received and that does not reflect the excellent services Hilton is known for as you know being a respected and valued member this should not have been the case. We have relayed your comments to all Department Heads concerned who are taking corrective measures at the moment for such incidents not to repeat.
Report response as inappropriate
It was unfortunate and we are really apologizing for that I am sure you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate that our efforts are not gone in vein.
Thank you once again for your valued comment which will help us to achieve the highest quality standards and improve our services.
Please accept our regards and sincere apologies for inconvenience.
Saeed Ur Rahman
Director of Quality Assurance
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.