“Decent place to stay but don't expect to walk anywhere” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Medina

You added Le Meridien Medina to your Saves list
Le Meridien Medina
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Khaled Bin El Waleed Road | PO Box 1735, Medina, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #45 of 116 Hotels in Medina
Houston, Texas
“Decent place to stay but don't expect to walk anywhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Le Meridien Medina while traveling in Saudi Arabia. I was told that the hotel used to be a Sheraton hotel. The hotel was ok. It seemed pretty empty while I was there and it was very dimly lit. We had buffets for breakfast and dinner and the food was pretty decent. The hotel is not very close to the center of town and you will need to take a Taxi everywhere. If you plan on sightseeing and want to spend a lot of time at the Haram, I might suggest a closer hotel. Overall the hotel was ok but not up to the standards of some of the other Le Meridien hotels I have stayed in. I think this is one of the major hotels for airline crew in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for your SPG upgrade. They won't give it to you unless you ask.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a decent place to stay, with generally clean and comfortable rooms. I have no complaints about the facilities, and even though it is quite far out from everything in town the hotel has a shuttle to the Haram. I didn't take the shuttle but was told it has regular timings.
I didn't eat in the restaurants but the room device was very good, the "mixed grill" was delicious and came with a variety of accompanying dishes.
The main issues of concern here were related to hotel service-- although I gave my Starwood guest number I was never credited with the points (and can't find my receipt now to claim them!) and (even more of concern) I was not given clear information several times about my driver and car (when it came, etc.) from the front desk. This led to a problem where I left the hotel late (as the front desk did not call up to tell me the car was here, as requested) and almost missed my outgoing flight. I think these problems were due to language issues (I only speak English).
As a woman traveling alone in KSA I appreciated the feeling of security and respect from the staff this hotel, and the privacy that they gave to me. I felt comfortable staying here and found the public areas to be open and well lit, and the locks on the doors to work properly (not the case in all the hotels on this trip, as I'll post in my next reviews!). I did not find out if there was an eating area for women only, but the room service was good.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Jeddah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is a hotel used by locals for wedding receptions and for foreign airline crews (because the hotel is outside the Haram area. The location is isolated from shops/restaurants.

Their are frequent shuttles to and from the Haram in Madinah (It is about a 10-15 minute drive away)

Rooms are fine and very spacious. Beds are great.

Room Tip: Stay away from the reception halls if you want to get a good nights sleep
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Amman, Jordan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on and off for 5 years, and still the internet doesn't work. When you call the front desk you get the same story now that you get 5 years ago. And that is " The IT Manager will be in at 9am " ,, Totally useless people answering the phone that do not care at all. TV channels,, two or 3 english channels, and CNN and BBC do not count as entertainment. At 10:30pm at night my phone rings and it's housekeeping asking if I want my room cleaned. Woke me up from a sleep as I had to depart at 2am. This is not what I needed at all. Indian and Pakistani staff in house keeping that do not care. Normally breakfast comes with the room but not at this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if possible. There are not many choices in Medinah.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

I would say that the hotel cleanliness is okay, room is comfortable. However, the hotel receptionist service is terrible. They are impolite, rude to guest, not helpful. I believe that they even do not know what does hospitality line. Althought they are sitting at the front desk. I would not suggest this hotel unless they put some improvement.

• Stayed December 2010
Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

The hotel is renovated now. Room are fine but not clean enough!!!
Hotel staff are not friendly and dont try there best to help you.
Room service is OK (average).
Internet is free and wireless.

Overall I didnt like it, dose not look like a Meridien at all, I wont stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2005

The hotel was formerly the Sheraton and is looking old and tired but slowly being renovated. At this time none of the renovated rooms are available. Reception staff try to do their job but mostly ineffectively. Difficult to make a booking. Food sometimes inedible in the restaurant and at the best of times very average. Television is mostly in Arabic or Indian with only CNN and 1 movie channel available in english. No pool or gymnasium.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business

Been to Le Meridien Medina? Share your experiences!