“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

King Fahad Street, Medina, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #13 of 116 Hotels in Medina
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

It was a really nice hotel. The room was very spacious. The food was almost excellent. The minus thing was the service of the waiters in the restaurant. My 13 years old son and my relatives of five people was hushed to move out from a table, just because they wanted to made up those tables. My son moved to the next table, while my relatives moved back to their room, and I was about to join my son. And the waiter said that I could not sit at that table. But I just sit anyway. And they did not dare to tell me to move out.

Aside from that, it was a really nice hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was a Nice Hotel, Near to the Masjed, Just less than 5 minutes to reach Al-Haram (only 3 buildings between the hotel and King Fahd gate). Good value for price. I haven't tried any of its restaurants as my package didn't include any meals

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nicely located.
Room is big and comfortable.
Meal is so good that makes your diet history.
So So So affordable for a 5 star category.
Got Al Rajhi Bank ATM at ground floor.
Got Cafe at ground and reception floor.
Now they shall upgrade the existing room in a progressive manner for better design and standards.
5min walk to Mosque!
Right infront the best of Money Changer in Madinah.
Near Bakso Restaurant also.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights during my Umrah in April 2013.

The hotel itself is quite nice, and I found the service to be exemplary. Buffet Breakfast was included and was varied and of good quality.

Stayed in a room which overlooked King Fahd Street, and views right to Masjid Al Nabawi. Rooms are well decorated and furnishings are acceptable. Beds were very comfortable. Rooms were exactly as per the pictures.

Please note I am a discerning traveler, hence will review based on my expectations of a 5 Star hotel.

House keeping was also as was to be expected. Only reason I did not rate as a 5 star, was because I have previously stayed in Daar Al Taqwa and that is a better hotel.

Location only 150m to the gates of the Masjid Al Nabawi, which is ok because it is a straight path.

I highly recommend this hotel. i don't understand people who don't rate the service. The service was 5 star, but I guests may have different experiences.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

i stayed here in may 24 th to 2nd june for 9 nights.. the hotel is in first impression very excellent by its location.. however my check in experience was bad cuzz reception guy give me room ( twin bed ) which is not meet my booked room, its very old, deemed lighted, and not comfortable, they request me to stay 1 day in given room there afrter they change me room next day, which is good equiped and nice street view to haram..breakfast is average.. not too good not bad.. but live counter for omlet make it cool.. ambience of restaurant is very good, lift are enough but sometimes have to wait on the time of salaah, i found housekeeping very annoying, they doesnt clean room everyday, and we hv to request everytime, we hv infant together and they are not make up room everyday wich is uncomfotness for us.. else is good enough.. overall its good for those who come for its convinient location.. every thing you can gett it from just surroundings of hotel ( food, money exchange, laundry, taxi, shopping.. etc ).. not for those who want luxury in hotel and at par services.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went there this month. Loved the location. You go out from one of the two exits from the hotel, look right and Haram is across the road! How good is that! Staff was very courteous. Hotel was very nicely decorated, clean and well maintained. Room was exactly as it was in the photos on this website. Iftar and sahoor buffet were grand. They have free Wifi which works only in the hotel lobby. I wanted to get some money from an ATM machine but did not know where to find one. i asked a smartly dressed person at reception and he came out of the hotel with me to show me where they were located. This despite my terrible efforts to speak in Arabic! The only thing that I found different was that juices that they serve at buffets were a bit too sweet for me. People from Pakistan and India may not like the food as its not very spicy. I will book this hotel again for my next trip InshaAllah.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Luton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Approx 5 mins from haram gates. Pleasant enough building,room smelt strongly of cigarette smoke, room service was poor. Cleaned only on request, frequently had to ask for soap, towels, toilet paper etc. not good.
Rooms were spacious and well equipped including sofas and arm chairs.
Restaurant had good food but service was little disorganised, massively appreciated them preparing food packs for us for our early morning departure and long journey to Jeddah. Thank you guys

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Royal Dyar Hotel? Share your experiences!