“Not 5 star!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Dyar Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Medina
Royal Dyar Hotel
Post Box 1511 | Madina Al Munawarah, Medina, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #70 of 106 hotels in Medina
“Not 5 star!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for approx 5 nights, decent hotel but no way 5 star! Probably 3 star! Service not good, every time I rang for room service no answer, had a problem with safe not opening, and the room card kept not registering after a few uses so you have to go reception every few times for new card! Rate hotel 6/10

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Royal Dyar Hotel
This hotel was the worst hotel I have been to. Pictures are included as proof. I wonder how they get 5 stars in Saudi Arabia. It is not even worth one. Our stay was: 03/06 April 2013

Reception:
--------------
our night-mare started when we went in at 4:00pm for check in ( which is the check-in time) we were told at the reception in broken pathetic English that we have no rooms available and we will have to wait till 7:00pm for check in. I told the staff I have two kids and one being a year old but was told that it is not there problem. Very soon there were lines of other people waiting for the same reason.
Very, very Unfriendly, pathetic staff (why is somebody at reception when they cannot speak English is beyond me). I can sum it up as Clueless Management
why is somebody at reception when they cannot speak English is beyond me.

The Rooms:
---------------
- The window in the room had no child locks and the kid could just open it up and fall from the 12th floor.
The electric plugs were open and wires hanging out of wall not kids friendly at all.
The bathroom :
-------------------
Grimy , dirty filthy and full of small hair from the previous occupants’ .There were marks on the toilet seats which were very evident . Fungus growing on sinks basin & shower

Breakfast:
--------------
Breakfast seemed to be food left over from last night. Which included curry, fry aubergines, fry chips , rice and lentils . Very un appetising breakfast. I am an Asian but who eats curry and rice in the morning breakfast.

Speaking to other guests, the problems were pretty much common and seem to be inbuilt rather than incidental.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, it's a dump stay away from there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I have recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights (april 2013) and was very disappointed . Our room was not cleaned once despite numerous unanswered phone calls to housekeeping . With 2 young children , we had to put up with a bathroom bin containing soiled nappies (in our nappy sacks ) and an overflowing bin full of rubbish which accumulated over 4 days !! Reception didn't understand and adequately address the issue and merely told us we needed to dial 4 for housekeeping !

On one night we ordered room service and the food was sub standard . The dirty dishes remained in our room for a few nights as no one was available to remove them from our room after we had finished our meal.

The air conditioning in the room could not be adjusted and the room was very very cold at night ! Not ideal with 2 young kids .

Despite the hotel being close to Masjid Nabawi (plus point ) and a decent buffet breakfast, the service was virtually non existent . This is a poor hotel and in my opinion is certainly not upto 4 star service , let alone 5.

A very poor experience .

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the worst 5 star hotel out of many I have been to. It was extremely dirty, there was inches of dust everywhere. There was no variety for breakfast, I went with my family and even though we had payed for breakfast we only ended up having it twice as it was so horrible. The hallways, lifts and the rooms were occupied by cockroaches. Also the air conditioning was not working properly, which meant it was very hot and night and we had sleepless nights. Overall I would never recommend this hotel. Mumtaz Ismail

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We came in this hotel on he 30th April. Rooms were disgusting, furniture were broken, cockroaches welcoming us, wallpaper all ripped, bedrooms not clean for 3 days, taps broken, no toilet paper. There was no room service, air conditioning not working. It was the most dirtiest experience of my life. I would recommend you to rent a room for 100 sr per day instead of staying in this hotel. I would rate tho hotel a nil star not a 5 star. just Mr Talaal duty manager is positive thing in this hotel but he was helpless too.breakfast is not even one star.

Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am still in this hotel while writing this review.i came with my family for six nights.this hotel is not five star at all.every thing is broken,carpet is very old and rooms are not clean at all.they don't have staff to clean our rooms,I had to fight to get my rooms clean.lot of people were at reception for toilet papers.Breakfast is not good at all so we are not having any for last three days.It is just close to masjid e nabvi apart from that nothing is good.rooms are so dirty they never cleaned them,so I will never come back to this hotel,so please stay away.just Mr talaat duty manager is very nice person but every thing is out of his hands.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

1-bedsheets not changed from last guest
2- filthy floors wore sandals throughout
3- fungus growing on sink basin &shower
4- stayed for 4 nights not 1 knock to ask If bedsheets need changing or toiletries
5- aircon not working in one room
6- unfriendly staff
7- clueless Managment / didn't want to book us in even though had reservation
8- dark hotel little light in passages
9- beds/rubbish lying around passageway
List goes on & on & on is not worth the hassle or the money would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Royal Dyar Hotel? Share your experiences!