“Agree .. Needs a major renovation” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 53 hotels in Al Khobar
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Agree .. Needs a major renovation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This used to be the best resort in khobar area, location and facility, un fourtionatly, no renovation so far, you get in you smell the food, wish to place glass separator between the restaurant and lobby
Also the chalet is with the same furniture since 5 years, it is old, edges are broken
They need to take care otherwise will lose business

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

It seems that this resort had it golden times some years ago. I had a short stay recently, staff was polite and helpful, however I had a the feeling that they were lagging professional guidance and tutoring. The front desk officer did not know what to do with my golden ambassador card, and at check out he said he can not charge my Amex card because the boss is not here?

I was aim a single rom villa and the quality and hygiene is very poor. Stains and rust all over the washroom, room doors not closing properly.

All over I think that this resort had its golden times and a real renovation is due.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We enjoyed the Lunch buffet, it was very good with more varieties on salads and desserts with fresh fruits and cakes. The best was the meat balls in laban, this is first time, we had this dish, even my wife has not cooked this dish for us since we are married now more than 30 years.
Always lunch buffet is preferable as all the food items will be freshly cooked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Du13
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I arrived on a Friday which is considered to be the last day of the weekend (like a Sunday everywhere else). Anyway, the local hotel management runs a scheme where you buy a coupon & it gives you access to the pool, beach & 1 meal/buffet (lunch or dinner). Well, seeing that the pool & beach and sitting area is fully occupied (like a public swimming pool on a very hot day) I was puzzled by the crowed. But I quickly found out that the Hotel Mgmt is run by Egyptians who then hand out these coupons to there friends or hand out as a gifts hence for a minute I really thought I was in Egypt.

Otherwise, the hotel is quite on normal days (other than Friday) and the staff are friendly but very slow, especially housekeeping and room service. Which reminds me, roomservice had charged me for an order I made from the Kiddie menu (for my kids) but had charged me as the full fare from the normal menu & I raised my concerns to roomservice but have not heard from them or the hotel.

The hotel is about 30min from Khobar & Dharan citys so it's quite nice if you want to shop or dine. Unfortunatly there is no pharmacy or grocery store near by except a gas station & it's conveniant store that's about 2-3km away so you need to use the car.

Room Tip: Don't take a ground floor room on a weekend! Unless it's very far from the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Du13,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
IHG Care
Khobar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Relatively small resort ( more peasefull)

Parking: all parking are Exposed to sun. ( very bad during summer months)

Check in: sloppy Check in. It took long time even though with few people around

Room: I got a room with a broken AC. The whole night I couldn't sleep & I called reception several times and no solution there. The next night I asked them to move me or I will check out. The other room AC was OK.

Spacious rooms by the way.

Pool: not a big one with a lot of kids. I rather swam in the sea; really nice and peaceful beach.

Sports; ther are jet skies nag boats.

Food; buffet meals. All below average especially dinner (not recommended)

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Faylasof,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. I am pleased you found our location and room accommodations commendable. Please accept my sincerest apology for the air conditioning issues you experienced and the inconvenience you had at check in. We will address these points and I hope when you will return you will see the improvements made.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
IHGCare
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was there for only one day to attend an event and I found the place location very nice and the views is nice . I used the resturant and the food was ok and the best thing was the dinner beside the pool.overall experience is ok to change your mood in Saudi Arabia :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed there for one night. First of all, this is not a Holiday Inn property in terms of standards and values.

The designer who designed the building should not be allowed to be in business anymore!. There is only one elevator in the building and its (services elevator). Hotel residences are using the same elevator that hotel uses for food and trash transportation!. I can't describe the horrible smell there. So always avoid the first floor and request a room on the ground floor.

I went to the restaurant buffet three times. Same plates were served. Nothing creative

This hotel is still in business because it’s one of the very few choices in the region. Stay away. Pay little more and go to Bahrain for a real resort !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear alshukri,

Thank you for the feedback regarding our property. It is unfortunate that we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. We do hope to host you in the future.

Irish V.
IHG Care

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Half Moon Bay? Share your experiences!