“Not Recommended” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 53 hotels in Al Khobar
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Not Recommended”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The room that were given to us was not prepared (A/C not working). The room is not clean enough. The manager was not cooperative to solve our issue with breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear KSAR_11,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you encountered. We're sorry the hotel staff service, air conditioning unit and room accommodations received were less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service.

Thank you again and I hope we have the opportunity in the future to provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel was a bog standard Holiday Inn. The check in was okay but somewhat slow. The rooms were clean and bright but decorated in an American style but this was fine. The dining experience was somewhat disappointing. The finals for Euroo2012 were on and the staff were more interested in the match than serving us. The mini gym is exactly that small and not very well equipped but I was able to get a 25 minute run in.

Overall the place was average. However, after a long day I did get a good nights rest in a comfortable room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I checked into the holiday inn for a business trip in may 2012. Room was standard and basic. Food was awful, there was hardly any taste in the pasta dishes and who uses green chilli peppers in a penne arrabiatta. I also ordered a steak one evening , it was absolutely disgusting. Meat was poor quality, it had a bad after taste, was incredibly chewy and the waiter did not understand me when I asked for the steak to be cooked medium. Also the dinning room was noisy with workers puting up decoration and at one point a manger started arguing with one if the workers. The dinning room staff had no regard and did not pay any attention to customers nor understood English.

Now the cleaning staff would not stop knocking on my door asking to either clean or check the mini bar even though I had a do not disturb sign. At one instance the gentleman attempted to open the door before I had a chance to answer it. Given I am a female I found this to be tuelly intrusive and will not even consider staying her again.

Furthermore, the front of house staff had poor communication between staff members. They could not even instruct the cleaners to tidy my room during my business meetings nor were able to assist me in booking a train ticket to Riyadh.

All in all, lousy food and unprofessional and frankly embarrassing service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed there several where is was fair enough for business ..... last stay was a nightmare, they put me in a very bad room which was not prepared, i asked for a wake-up call but it seems they even forgot to wake me up, and even when i asked about the hotel manager to complain they told me he is not there.
I was so nervous and send a mail twice to the hotel without a single reply then i raised my complain to Holiday Inn customer service, and i got a feedback that the hotel will call me in 48 hours and i am still waiting for this call :(

Room Tip: Avoid room # 227
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Islam F,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. We are pleased our Guest Relations office was able to resolved your issues, and we hope to see you again soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

It is like Motel but higher standard , near by the new business dist. with lots of parking and good breakfast, rooms are ok but no view to see as it is ground floor event 1st floor the same , it is business hotel with high price

Room Tip: at least room to the pool side to have better view , the parking side are noisy with the cars and yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Manama, Bahrain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

The hotel is ok as per Holiday Inn standards. The coffee shop is pretty good. However, there is only one restaurant which needs to have more variety in their Al-a-Carte menu. Food is ok.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Limassol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Nice hotel located close to the corniche area, although you need a car to get there. Lobby is big and nice with high speed WIFI.

Room was ok but my bed wasn't that comfortable. Bathroom had adequate size and was clean too.

Gym is very small and has only a couple of exercise machines.

Dining was ok too, although I only had the salad buffet for both nights.

Staff was fine and they know their work although one morning they forgot my wake up call with the excuse that the person in charge was in the bathroom and his replacement wasn't aware of that.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Al Khobar-Corniche? Share your experiences!