“Would love to go back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Al Khobar

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Al Khobar to your Saves list
InterContinental Al Khobar
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bin Bassam Al Andalusi Street, Al Khobar 31952, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #1 of 53 hotels in Al Khobar
“Would love to go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

- Nice place and very modern (seems that it has been recently re innovated)
- Breakfast good
- Internet speed is good
- Staff very knowledgeable and helpful
- Didn't try to use car parking, but seems not nice
- I would love to go back again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ICKHOBAR, Manager at InterContinental Al Khobar, responded to this review, December 2, 2012

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your comments relating to your recent stay with us. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay. You have our assurance that we will strive to maintain the highest standards of quality and service, and it will be our pleasure to have you with us many more times in the future.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again to the InterContinental Al Khobar, we remain,

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've stayed here twice this year. I was booked into a junior suite in May, and I'm staying in a standard deluxe room at the moment.

Now, Khobar is a great city compared to others here and so is the Intercon. The lobby is commodious and the facilities are pretty impressive.

The rooms are well kept. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. Especially Mr. Faruk at reception is always there to help.

The food is delicious and well served. Here's a story from my current visit;
I ordered soup and ravioli ricotta but instead came ravioli spinach.I never have the habit of sending back food thinking it might go to waste. I mean there's effort and work done after all.
I called room service and informed them in case they had sent my ravioli to a spinach fan :)
In minutes, I received a call from the executive chef apologizing and offering some dessert and coffee. Of course, I did not refuse and enjoyed my scrumptious after-dinner compliment.

These little things are what makes an establishment special I believe. I will never forget the kindness I've received here in Al Khobar Intercon.

Plus, it is reasonably priced when you compare it with other cities. The only downside is that some rooms do not get enough sunlight due to their locations but I don't mind that. This hotel is my first choice when staying in Al Khobar.

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for your constructive comments on Trip Advisor relating to your recent stay with us. It is gratifying to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. You have our assurance that we will strive to maintain and improve on our standards of quality and service.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to the InterContinental Al Khobar, and remain,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Well located for my business destinations with minimal through traffic even though just off busy main roads. Extremely quiet as a result. Room well set up for working with plenty of bench space to unpack & spread out. Cleanliness & standard of fitout both excellent. Room service was prompt & efficient. Staff overall very professional & attentive. Only used the restaurant for dinner a couple of times but food & service standard both fine. Pool & surrounds quiet & clean with no view, not that there's anything of note to see. I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ICKHOBAR, Manager at InterContinental Al Khobar, responded to this review, December 24, 2012

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Just a brief note to thank you for staying with us and it is gratifying to know that we were able to live up to your expectations.

We look forward to many more opportunities of serving you in the future.

Hinton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Recently built hotel, the decor is very modern, beautiful and elegant. My room was perfect, very relaxing with a very nice living room / office. The bed was excellent with great linen and a good selection of pillows. The bathroom is small but the shower was great, lots of pressure. The staff is very friendly and very helpful, good location easy access. The breakfast buffet is very good. The restaurant selection is limited. I will go back to that hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ICKHOBAR, Manager at InterContinental Al Khobar, responded to this review, November 24, 2012

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

It is gratifying to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments relating to your stay.

We thank you for your patronage and look forward to be of service to you on your future travels.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I upgraded to executive level at this hotel. My room was actually a two room suite. Wonderful helpful staff, especially to three women on business without a male family member or companion. Great food in the Executive Lounge. Breakfast was more choices than one could want in a quiet and peaceful environment. Dinner also great. My only complaint had to do with evening turndown service. Very efficient service BUT....the man who did turndown had an open box of chocolates on his cart. They were not wrapped or covered. He would place chocolate on a small plate at the bedside with turndown. I watched this on more than one evening. He is in and out of people's rooms, turning down beds and now handles candy for you to eat. I doubt he washed his hands before touching the chocolate. This poses a threat of spreading germs and infection. I never ate the chocolate. Only other complaint: no gym for women and no dedicated time for women in the gym they had!

Room Tip: Don't eat the chocolate from evening turndown
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay.

We have taken note of your comments on the turndown service and the exposed chocolates; we have taken appropriate measures to prevent the recurrence of such lapses in the future.

As for your comments on the Ladies Gym, please note that local restrictions prevent us from making this facility exclusively for the use of ladies.

InterContinental Al khobar
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Perfect location in the middle of the city, just nearby anything you want in the area, i had the best experience at the Intercontinental during my visit to Khobar, ultimate cleanliness and tidiness, rooms are amazing and extremely comfy, overwhelming hospitality, breakfast and coffee in the morning are way more than you can ask for, I will never think of staying elsewhere if I'm at Khobar again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

Thank you for staying with us and choosing us as your preferred hotel for your future visits.

We thank you for your esteemed patronage and look forward to be of service to you on your future travels.

Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

These days people who go on holiday demand a high level of both quality of product and service. If you book 5 star luxury, you expect simply the best , and this when I always think about Intercontinental AL-Khobar that match my needs and comfort .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from InterContinental Al Khobar.

It is gratifying to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we have lived up to your expectations.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you to the InterContinental Al Khobar whenever your travel itinerary includes Al Khobar.

InterContinental Al Khobar

Been to InterContinental Al Khobar? Share your experiences!