“Rotten in Rostov” 2 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 stars 27 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
“Rotten in Rostov”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

As I lay upon the preposterous chain link fence they call a bed, once again adjusting the napkin which pretends as a sheet, I wonder what path brought me here. Had my past self commited such grevious wrong as to justify this pitiless punishment upon my spinal column? Perhaps I was a slaver or a body snatching ghoul. One shall never know, but my twisted spine shall never forget. The sparse quarters in the Rostov Hotel Continental bring to mind those of a fools lodgings in a local asylum. Small, immovable furniture; not a single chair to be spoken of nor lounge in after a long day of business affairs; an air conditioner without remote nor buttons to negotiate the climate; and an insignificantly small television set bolted to the wall as if it were trying to escape. Thinking perhaps I could relax with a hot shower proved me a fool. Temperate water pooled at my feet and flooded over the stall lip to the tile floor below. Crouching nude over the drain, I prayed to the sewer gods to allow a few drops to flow freely into their kingdom. My prayers fell on deaf ears. Toweling off, I thought I could simply fall sleep on the aforementioned pallet, but the Rostov Hotel Continental was not finished with me yet. The room door creaked open to reveal the maddening darkness of the hallway beyond. Dressed only in a towel, I peeked out and meekly called to whoever might be waiting. Silence. Closing the door I found the fault, an improperly installed latch. Locking it, I wondered if a key can truly prevent the forces rallied against me in the Rostov Hotel Continental. Through the absurdly thin wall I heared the plumbing rebel, quickly followed by a cackle from the Italian restaurant directly outside my window, then a sullen dog howeling in the distance. He mourns the loss of a compainion, much as I will mourn my loss of sleep.

• Stayed April 2014

• Greek first

Been to Continental Hotel Rostov-on-Don? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Continental Hotel Rostov-on-Don

Address: Pushkinskaya St., 50 | Budyonnovskiy Ave., 42, Rostov-on-Don 34002, Russia
Location: Russia > Southern District > Rostov Oblast > Rostov-on-Don
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Rostov-on-Don
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Continental Hotel Rostov-on-Don reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Continental Hotel Rostov-on-Don, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.