“Superior Southern Hospitality with Excellent Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Bryant House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberdeen
Inn at the Bryant House
You added Inn at the Bryant House to your Saves list
214 N. Poplar St., Aberdeen, NC 28315   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, North Carolina
“Superior Southern Hospitality with Excellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this charming bed and breakfast during a "romantic getaway" in late September. From the initial booking of the room, through check-in and spending the night, we found the owners, Matt and Ashely Baker, to be most pleasant, honest and accommodating. They were tremendously helpful with suggestions and information concerning the area, and "went out of their way" to make our stay enjoyable. The room was quaint and lovely, with a unique nostalgic charm that only a B&B can offer. The breakfast was exceptional with quality food, great taste and generous portions. They cheerfully served us and we could tell that they genuinely cared how we enjoyed the room. As we left, they gave us homemade cookies for the road and helped us pack up. Upon leaving, we had that same sense of feeling that one gets after visiting family or close friends. Overall, the night was a great value, the stay was quite enjoyable and we will definitely return and visit the Bakers again. The Inn at the Bryant House is a fantastic alternative to "cookie cutter" hotels, and we highly recommend the "TLC" and true value that is available there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Marshville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

The Inn at Bryant House in Aberdeen NC very kindly donated six rooms to veterans for Veterans Day. My husband was one of the fortunate ones to receive one of these rooms. This place stops time!! Total Relaxation! Wonderful host Matt and hostesses Ashley and Sarah are immediately like family! So warm...so willing to accomodate any need. Wonderful, out of this world breakfast! One favorite of ours were the nice little electric heaters that looked like a burning fireplace. It cast a most cozy glow in our room! We certainly will be back!!

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

I had to travel to PA and NC on business without my spouse this summer and stayed at the Inn at the Bryant House. I had a great time. The Inn at the Bryant House owners couldn't do anything about the hot weather (except keep it cool inside), but everything else was right. There was good food to start my day, a comfortable bed and room to sleep well and local shopping during my down time.

I had breakfast with other guests ( I don't like to eat alone) and one couple even had their little blind dog traveling with them.

I like things that have history and love the nice feel of this older home. I even got used to the schedule of the local train. It's like stepping back into a slower, quieter lifestyle.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

Inn does not accept dogs.

Ashley Baker, the inn hostess in Aberdeen, North Carolina, expressed great concern over having a dog around due to cats and a young child. This was disconcerting as we already had a rate offer from the mother, who also runs the inn and knew about our dog. In the end, we had a lovely but ultimately misleading conversation with Shirley Starkey. Shirley was careful to ask important questions about our dog to see if he would be a good guest, and she seemed happy with our response: 7 year old golden retriever, sleeps all day, a gentle with people and disinterested in cats. This seemed like the answer to our prayers. Only, when we called back to book the room, were we then told we were not welcome, and in terms about as literal as that.

The mother, Shirley Starkey, who had been so warm on the initial phone call and quoted us an offer, never returned our calls once daughter Ashley began intercepting the phone. I am not sure she even told her mother we called. (Mind you, Ashley is a grown woman. Information on their website further touts her academic training in hospitality.) She could not have been more callous on the phone, cutting us off, telling us first one problem or another, and generally complaining about dogs. Mind you, we've never even meet this family and were very much looking forward to staying in their Inn!

My husband works in hospitality and has never heard of an offer not being honored, much less not letting a potential guest know as soon as possible that there might be a problem. But after listening to Ashley's complaints and negative attitude towards my dog and me, I would not want to “deal” with her on a daily basis.

Don't waste your time, as we did two weeks of ours, planning to stay at the Inn at the Bryant House. I am just relieved we did not arrive at the Inn itself to face Ashley Baker's misanthropic and curt demeanor in person as she would’ve likely slammed the door in our face. I don't think I've ever heard a proprietor of a bed and breakfast complain to a potential customer as much as Ashley Baker did.

I apologize if this note conveys my deep frustration. At this point, we are in a bind as we now have no place to stay and I must be in town for work within a matter of days. Inn at Bryant House left me high and dry, whereas if they'd simply been upfront from the start I would have no complaint. Other inns politely let us know they could not accept dogs and every single one offered other suggestions and contacts to try. Now, that is real hospitality.

Thank you for reading my concerns. I can't help but to think a truly dog (and human) friendly Inn in this region could really make a go of it and fill a much-needed niche. You would have traffic for Southern Pines, Pinehurst, Fayetteville with an airport with an increasing number of direct flights, and the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. There is really no place that welcomes one traveling with pets in this part of the state. Just a thought for entrepreneurs out there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at the Bryant House over the weekend and it was so great to know that good caring people who really want to you to have a pleasant stay still exists this day and time. The Inn owners are wonderful people who treat you like family and make you feel really comfortable. Our room was really clean, the bed comfortable, and the southern charm of the Inn was wonderful. We will stay there whenever we are in the area. We were lucky enough to see the 4th of July fireworks in Aberdeen also and it was wonderful as well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
cary, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

We had a beautiful room with a queen bed and a twin which was perfect for this mom visiting with her grad-school daughter. Very relaxing. We were able to walk to dinner. Very much enjoyed the small town charm.

• Stayed October 2009
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

We had our reunion at the Inn, it was such a great place to spend time with friends I haven't visited with in years. I felt so comfortable we had the place to ourseleves and then Innkeepers took care of all of our needs. We even had a party at the Inn and invtied even more friends to come over it, it was just like they were coming to our own place only this was a big mansion! We could walk to the park, the lake, we golfed nearby, walked to a few restaurants. I can't wait for the next reunion and you can bet we will be back to the Inn at the Bryant House!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Inn at the Bryant House? Share your experiences!