“Great hotel - perfect for city break or business trips” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NasHotel

You added NasHotel to your Saves list
NasHotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11st Liniya V.O., 50 | Vasilievskiy Ostrov, St. Petersburg 199178, Russia   |
Ranked #10 of 276 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great hotel - perfect for city break or business trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

What a breath of fresh air this hotel was. The motif is designed around nature and so all the walls and rooms are decorated with plants etc. The hotel and its rooms are very very clean and generally comfortable; although certainly not 5 star my first thought and in fact lasting impression was how amazingly comfortable it is for the price.
Although not really directly in the city centre it is 5-10 minutes walk ti a metro station which is one stop from the main tourist area. The island the hotel is located on does however have many of it's own interesting tourist attraction and walking along the river from that side is great to be able to see the winter palace etc. from a different perspective.

The staff spoke a good level of English, some more than others, but were also so helpful and polite that I was never short of someone to answer my questions or give me directions etc. In fact on the last day I decided to take public transport to the airport and enquire as to the best route. Although they answered me at the time and showed me a good route, at which I left it at that, 30 minutes later I received a call from the front desk telling me they had done more investigating to try and find me a better way and had a few extra options for me. That's far better customer service than I'm used to (certainly more than my experiences in England) and makes me more inclined than I already was to go back again.

The restaurant was also very good and well priced.

My one comment would be that walking down the road to the hotel, I did think to myself that the area looked a little dilapidated and whether I should be worried but after walking around during my stay it very quickly becomes obvious that it is safe, people are friendly and there isnt anything at all to worry about.

Fantastic hotel for the price and were I in St Petersburg again, I would definitely go back.

Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Very Good Hotel... Its Good to Stay in this hotel but little bit far away from the center of City

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Great accomodation. Close near Metro station. Good service and perfect breakfast that's Britisch and American, Friendly staff, englisch speaking. Hotel is ' new' and clean.
Perfect Hotel for a citytrip.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I picked this hotel over the W. Stayed for 5 days. The location is great--short walk from the metro and one stop on the metro to the city center. I had a premium room, which was very clean and very comfortable. Free WiFi. Free breakfast. Staff is sharp and nice. Two slight issues: 1) showers need a bit of fine tuning to get the water the temperature you need, so be patient and play with it; and 2) there's smoking in the hotel lobby and the bar...as an occasional smoker myself, I am okay to step outside for the sake of clean air.

The decor is somewhat strange at first--I am used to seeing that type of interior in the Bahamas--very tropical, but when you realize that the city is a bit gloomy and there's not that much sun (at least in the winter), tropical motif makes a lot of sense at the end of the day.

I did stop by the W during my stay, just to visit the bar and walk around the property. It is truly a wonderful hotel, up to the par with any W you'll find in the States, but in the end I was convinced Nash was a better choice.

Room Tip: You want to be on the 8th floor facing the city, if you can, for a better view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Conveniently located in a quiet residential area 5-7 walking minutes from a metro station, this hotel offers great accommodation in the center of St. Petersburg. One metro stop and one is on Nevsky prospect. Alternatively, it is possible to cross the Neva river and walk down the quay to Hermitage (30 mins).
What sets Nashotel apart is excellent service. Staff really makes an effort to serve the guests and get things done. I've been to many 5* hotels around the world and can say that service at Nashotel is truly great.
While the hotel was clearly built according to 4* specs, the result is more like 3.5*, due to the use of cheaper materials (furniture, ceramics, bathroom fittings are not on par with those found at Hiltons, Novotels or Radissons). Perfectly acceptable and functional, though. Good, firm beds.
Some superior rooms at the top (8th) floor have views across the the whole city with church cupolas everywhere.
Very good breakfast with fresh fruits and vegetables.
Unbeatable price.
Absolutely recommended and will stay again.

Room Tip: Street-facing superior rooms on the top floor have great views of the roofs and famous landmarks.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Compared to the dowdy neighbourhood, the hotel itself is above expectations. I had two issues which were dealt with as well as could be expected, the first a smell of smoke emanating from a neighbouring smoking room, which resulted in an upgrade to a much better room at no additional cost and no qualms whatsoever, and the second the noise of repair work taking place in an adjacent room, my grumbling about which to the receptionist when I was told it was planned to continue for several hours more resulted in the workermen being summarily sent packing for the night, which I hadn't expected.

Rooms are pretty much top of the four star category. The two I experienced both had the door set back from the sleeping area, creating an entrance hall effect which is always a plus, and I imagine all the rooms are thus. Walls are thick enough to filter out most, if not absolutely all, sound from neighbouring rooms (I speak as an incredibly light sleeper) and the adjustable heating is sufficient protection against the worst Russian winter. My two bathrooms didn't have tubs, but the walk-in showers worked fine.

Breakfast, which was included in the price (yaaay), was certainly not the chaos that one reviewer apparently felt. I never saw more than one or two other customers in the room, and for the most part I was actually the only one there. Food and service were good.

Reception staff were professional and spoke good English.

My only grumble would be the repair work, which I know comes with the territory for a hotel in the off-season period. My suggestion would be, if possible, to call time religiously on all such activity at 6pm at the latest.

This was a nice stay for a very fair price, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

The hotel is a classic touristic hotel. I was there for business so..it didn't fit my needs well. You need a taxi to move around since you are not close to the center. In the evening the area is pretty dead therefore you can't really take a walk. The restaurant was average. Breakfast a bit chaotic since th room is not that big and there were groups of tourists. I didn't come back since then.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
NashOTEL, Director of Sales at NasHotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay at NasHOTEL. Please, be informed that we still will be glad to see you during low season when there are not so many tourists. We sincerely hope that we won't disappoint you next time.

Been to NasHotel? Share your experiences!