“cosiness” 5 of 5 stars
Review of swissSTAR B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Petersburg
swissSTAR B&B
You added swissSTAR B&B to your Saves list
Emb. Reki Fontanki, 93, St. Petersburg 190031, Russia   |
Ranked #22 of 636 St. Petersburg B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“cosiness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I were travelling to Russia from Argentina thought Moscow, so by the time we arrived to St. Petersburg we were quite exhausted ..and when we arrived to this hotel we felt like on a peaceful island in the middle of the big city, which to us seemed to be a perfect combination, that allowed to reach all the interesting placed by walking and at the same time was close enough to the center if we felt tiered and wanted to rest with a cup of hot tea!
Hotel itself was very clean and coisy! The staff friendly and helpful!
Great experience!
thnx
Polina and Pedro

Room Tip: we had a big and nice room with two big windows facing Fontanka, a view from the window for sure dur...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

No problems with booking - the owner responds very fast, the booking was confirmed and paid for within a few hours.
Our stay itself was great (we only stayed for 1 night). It felt like we were welcomed guests in the house: the staff was friendly and helpful (they gave us an umbrella when it was raining outside), the rooms were clean, kitchen was fully equipped (bread, eggs, coffee machine, juicer - everything you may wish for) and beds were comfortable.
I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have enjoyed a lot staying at swiss star.
The staff is really warm and helpful. The location is great, rooms are very clean and furnished with everything we may have needed. Breakfast is excellent and has large food offer, the option "help yourself " has been particularly appreciated.
Thus, if I would come back to St. Petersburg, I will choose swiss star again and I will recommeneded it to our friends

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a convenient, yet affordable place to stay during our July 2012 visit to St. Petersburg. I was having a lot of trouble finding something suitable until I came across SwissSTAR.

This guest house is immaculately clean, with friendly staff and simple, yet stylish and well-appointed rooms. They have self-serve breakfast available, which worked great for us.

While a little walk from the Nevsky Prospect area, we found SwissSTAR to be very convenient, with easy access to the metro stations.

All in all, this was a fantastic find and made our weekend getaway to St. Petersburg wonderful. Thanks SwissSTAR!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a very good spot to stay if you don't mind a bit of a walk to the city centre. I love to walk so it really suited me. The place is roomy and very clean. Shared kitchen is great, offers nice breakfast foods and an option to self cater or get take away. Fast WIFI too. Our room was very hot with no air con so bear that in mind if you don't like the heat. It is a bit hard to find but the owners can get a driver or taxi for you if need be. I certainly would return here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
River Edge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

It's a very small and cosy B&B: 8 rooms total. It's immensely clean, and very comfortable in terms of beds, and functionality of all appliances. The availability of a communal kitchen is very helpful too. The staff is very professional and extremely friendly. Self served breakfast is a verygood idea bcs it gives one a flexibility of choosing the time and food as well. Guests are welcome to keep their own in the refrigerator as well ( there is also a small fridge in every room). There is a 24 hour supermarket right by the B&B which is definitely a plus, especially if you travel with a group and like to have some of your meals at home. I would definitely recommend the place to a friend!

Room Tip: Rooms with private bath are just more convenient, but more expensive of course.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I took the overnight train from Moscow to St. Petersburg and arrived in my hotel, via the Metro, in less than 15 mins. The hotel is located on the Fantaka River, which is really lovely and very convenient to everything, yet far enough away that it is quiet at night. There is no sign designating the hotel is in the building, but a quick call and the receptionist was downstairs to show me inside. It was very efficient and clean, very "Swiss" I suppose. The room was very clean, faced the street, and comfortable, also came with a small fridge. There was a shared bath for I believe four rooms, but I never had to wait for anyone, there was always hot water and it was spotless. I enjoyed the large kitchen which had breakfast at your leisure. I honestly did not want to leave St. Petersburg after staying here and falling in love with the city. Definitely would stay here again. Staff was very helpful with any questions.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to swissSTAR B&B? Share your experiences!