“Beautiful Weekend in St. Petersburg” 5 of 5 stars
Review of swissSTAR B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Petersburg
swissSTAR B&B
You added swissSTAR B&B to your Saves list
Emb. Reki Fontanki, 93, St. Petersburg 190031, Russia   |
Ranked #22 of 636 St. Petersburg B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Beautiful Weekend in St. Petersburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I took the overnight train from Moscow to St. Petersburg and arrived in my hotel, via the Metro, in less than 15 mins. The hotel is located on the Fantaka River, which is really lovely and very convenient to everything, yet far enough away that it is quiet at night. There is no sign designating the hotel is in the building, but a quick call and the receptionist was downstairs to show me inside. It was very efficient and clean, very "Swiss" I suppose. The room was very clean, faced the street, and comfortable, also came with a small fridge. There was a shared bath for I believe four rooms, but I never had to wait for anyone, there was always hot water and it was spotless. I enjoyed the large kitchen which had breakfast at your leisure. I honestly did not want to leave St. Petersburg after staying here and falling in love with the city. Definitely would stay here again. Staff was very helpful with any questions.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at this B&B in March 2012 for a longer weekend. The rooms are bright, tidy, warm and the people who work there are friendly. The owner himself asked if we are enjoying our stay and asked to send him an email afterwards to give imputs. I really had the impression that they do their best. The only negative thing were the two very rude drivers from the airport to the hotel and back that had been organized by the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Москва
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a great place to stay both for 2 days and 3 weeks.

Location is perfect as churches, museums, cathedrals, shopr and restaurants can be reached by foot.

The owners are friendly and responsible.

The flat is spacious, clean and nice.

For sure I will advise my friends to stay there.

Nellie

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We had an enjoyable stay in Swiss Star B&B in November of 2011. While we found our twin room to be rather small (in comparison to the double rooms), we were extremely pleased with almost all other aspects of the accommodation. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean and well decorated and the building felt extremely secure. The B&B is located close to a currency exchange outlet, supermarket, several restaurants and a metro stop, which makes getting around St Petersburg much easier. We also used the Tourist-Visa service offered by a partner of Swiss Star, which made organising our stay much more simple. Thanks for a great stay, we will be back (hopefully soon!).

Room Tip: Opt for a double room!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights in October in the double room with private bathroom (80 euro per night). Firstly, the room was huge. Much bigger than expected and a very pleasant surprise. Secondly, it was clean. Spotless, in fact. The staff were friendly yet unobtrusive and the whole place was really calm and low key. The room does get quite hot (even when it was snowing outside) and while I could open the windows while I was in the room to get some cool air in, it is advised not to leave them open while out of the room - sensible as my room was on the ground-ish floor of the side street. The B&B is located on the Fontanka canal, a short walk from the metro station and about 15 minutes' walk from Nevsky Prospekt (main shopping/eating etc street). The area is not touristy which is great if you prefer to avoid crowds. The shared kitchen with communal provisions was well equipped and you can cook your own meals if you like (I didn't) and the breakfast (included in the price) was good value. I arranged a transfer to the airport and it arrived punctually. I would definitely stay at Swiss Star again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We enjoyed a wonderful stay at this B&B - the double bedroom was lovely and bright, and the bathroom very clean.

The B&B offers a wholesome breakfast – cereals, yoghurt, meats, cheeses, and breads – in the shared kitchen, with a large map of the city on the wall so that you can plan your day ahead. The B&B also has a selection of maps, guidebooks, and newspapers to study.

The staff were more than friendly; they helped us to organise a visit to a Russian banya, as well as recommending a great place for a traditional Russian dinner.

We were also very touched by the champagne in our room on arrival – a gift for my birthday!

We would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling to St Petersburg.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We really loved the Swiss Star, it was very calm, clean and organised. Things I particularly liked were:

being able to make our own breakfast
having the possibility of storing food in the fridge
being able to make local calls from telephone
having our own shelf in the bathroom
the no shoes policy
the thoughtful staff

I would definitely recommend it to others, and if I go to St. Petersburg again I will stay there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to swissSTAR B&B? Share your experiences!