“We had a wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kempinski Hotel Moika 22

You added Kempinski Hotel Moika 22 to your Saves list
Kempinski Hotel Moika 22
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Reki Moiki Emb., 22 | Palace Square, St. Petersburg 191186, Russia (Palace Square)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #13 of 276 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tallinn
“We had a wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed 4 days in this wonderful city and this beautiful hotel.

If you travel to Petersburg 4 days are not enough for sure, better book 6 or 7. But still, we got a huge help from the concierges and managed to see quite many sights.

Location of the hotel is superb - just in front of the Hermitage. Staff are very friendly. We had many questions and requests to reception - and they were always welcoming, with a smile, really nice young girls! Breakfast is a super start of the day.

As we were unlucky with weather we spent 2 evenings in the roof top restaurant. Amazing view they have!

If I have a chance I will definitely come back to this great hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
renechri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I stayed in this lovely hotel for just two nights but I can definitely say this is one of my best experinces even though I travel quite a lot.

I stayed in a small but very cozy mansarde room and even saw a bit of the Hermitage from there!

I arrived late and was surprised with a warm welcome which is usully not the case if you come in the middle of the night. And even a greater surprise came when I was asked whether I would like to have a complimentary beverage with my wake-up call. There were may be 2 or 3 hotels before where I had had that.

The oly disappointing this was that WIFI was not covering well all over the room. So at the end I went to the bar and worked there.

Breakfast was very good, and in general whatever I asked for during my stay was done immediately and with a sincere smile.

This is definitely a great hotel if you want to feel welcome and to have people look interested when they talk to you.

Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

We had a truly beautiful stay!

Great rooms, smiling staff, great restaurants.

It is true that they do not order taxis which sounds annoying first you hear about it. On the other hand their car service works very smooth, and drivers are nice.

Reception staff are so sweet and welcoming!
And in general people are very different from other hotels. More sincere I would say.

Their fitness center could be improved with acouple of more workout machines. But sauna and jacuzzi are very cute!

I could write a novel about this beautiful place but I would just say in one word that this is a truly lovely hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

The 22 Moika is in a wonderful location for exploring St. Petersburg - just across the canal from Palace Square and the Hermitage, steps from Nevsky Prospect, you're right in the center of the action in a hotel that blends in wonderfully with the historical surroundings.

The hotel itself is quite nice - I had great service and a wonderful room. There is free wifi and if your rate includes breakfast, the breakfast buffet is wonderful. I felt that the service was really top notch and very attentive.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

Location, hotel, staff, room, service & food simply excellent.

• Stayed July 2007
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Really good. The hotel was spotless, the staff exceeding friendly and helpful. The breakfast - very important if you're going to spend your day walking through the streets, visiting the churches and cathedrals and then going round the Hermitage - was perfect. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

I stayed at this hotel as it was my company's choice because they got some nice deal for us.
Not that I was excited too much as I heard there are more historic hotels in this city, but I did not have much choice.
But we werу nicely surprised wih this lovely hotel just across from the Hermitage.

My room was not large but nicely decorated. And I could see the top of a beautiful church out of my window. I would prefer bathroom to have more space. The duvet was too hot, but on the second night I asked for a thinner one and it was brought up quite soon.

We visited the rooftop restaurant one night. Great food and good service, too.

We also visited a restaurant Tsar by the concierge's recommndation. It was really great! Good choice. We did not have much time, but those nice ladies persuaded us to take one of the public boats for sightseeing, and that trip was amazing!

I did not expect staff in Russia to be so friendly! We got several smiles each time we walked through the lobby. It seemed they really liked what they were doing!

I would come back to this hotel with my boyfriend for a romantic weekend. You do not expect an old historical hotel feeling from this one, but it has it's own charm.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Kempinski Hotel Moika 22? Share your experiences!