“Very Good, But please Monitor your Concierge Services !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel St. Petersburg Centre

You added Novotel St. Petersburg Centre to your Saves list
Novotel St. Petersburg Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mayakovskogo St., 3A, St. Petersburg 191025, Russia (Casting)   |
Ranked #94 of 276 Hotels in St. Petersburg
“Very Good, But please Monitor your Concierge Services !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Excellent 6 night stay. Hotel location close to Nevsky Pr. is ideal. Accomodation and "Côté Jardin" restaurant, very good. Friendly and Efficient reception staff. Only one big disappointment the Novotel Concierge Services, a disaster.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room in Building 1. Building 2 is very far from reception desk and restaurant.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Novotel_Centre, Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for finding time to tell us about your stay at Novotel Saint-Petersburg Centre.

We really appreciate your nice comments concerning the restaurant and staff friendliness. I would like to mention that apart from all our customer service trainings, from the very beginning we try to build our team, attracting the people who have very stong natural disposition to hospitality. And it is always great to hear that our efforts in this matter have been effective.

As for the concierge service, I am sorry to hear that something went wrong, Definitely, this is a serious issue for us and together with the management of the company that provides the concierge services we will analyze the operations and potential weaknesses. And I do hope it will help us improve the quality of concierge services.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Novotel Saint-Petersburg Centre and promise to do our best to provide you with excellent service.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed a few nights on the second leg of an independent Russian vacation, after a few days at a sister property in Moscow.
Hotel is large, modern, new, conveniently located just off Nevsky Prospekt (the main avenue of St Petersburg) and close to the station where Moscow trains arrive & depart. Convenient access to the whole city via Metro.
The hotel actually comprises two buildings joined by an overhead walkway. We were in the secondary building, so in order to go from the lobby to our room, we had to take an elevator, go down a hallway & through the walkway, then take a second elevator to our room - a minor inconvenience.
Room was large and comfortable, with a decent view out over the rooftops. Facilities including bathroom, shower, and wifi all worked well.
We didn't explore any hotel amenities such as the bar or restaurant - plenty of other options nearby - we enjoyed Balzac (Бальзак) restaurant just up the street.
My main complaint involves being charged an extra day for early check-in. We had reserved a room in advance. We arrived early in the morning after an overnight train from Moscow, and asked if a room was availble - fully expecting that other guests might not have checked-out yet, and that we might need to drop our bags and go kill time somewhere for a few hours before a room became ready.
We were glad when the clerk told us that a room was available. As we did the paperwork, he told me a total cost for the stay. Groggy from the overnight train, I did not perform the conversion in my head from rubles to my own currency, or realize that he had added a full day's rent to the cost of my reservation - This was only explained to me at checkout, when my credit card had already been charged.
This strikes me as sharp practice - after all, if I had gotten up early and checked out at 06:00 on my last day, I doubt they would have refunded one night to me - so why is it necessary to charge me an extra night for arriving at 07:00? In addition, this hotel charged a fee for registering our stay with the local authorities, which other hotels (including their sister property in Moscow) do not do. It seems like this hotel is oriented more towards business travelers who may have a higher tolerance for these additional expenses, than for tourists like me.
So although the sister hotel in Moscow was a Mercure, and this Novotel is considered a "better" brand, I actually rate my stay at the Novotel lower. I would look for other options before planning another stay at this Novotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotel_Centre, Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Novotel Sankt Petersburg Centre. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed some of the hotel facilities but sorry that your experience did not meet your all of your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I understand that early check-in may come as a very sensitive question, however for the peak periods we have to follow this policy: check in during night shift is supposed to be charged.

I dare to hope that despite this moment your impressions of the stay are still positive.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Reception staff very helpful (Artem) - there is a problem with wifi but this was rectified with an additional router booster being plugged into our bedroom.

Didn't sample food and beverage - within walking distance of the station and commercial and shopping areas. Don't use the hotel to book anything such as a theatre tickets as they charge 60% booking fee - best to direct to the theatre and buy tickets on the day

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

We are very grateful for your comments concerning the stay at Novotel and we are happy to hear you found our service efficient and helpful. I will certainly share your feedback with staff. Positive guest remarks are the best motivation for our team.

Again, thank you very much for the review and see you soon at Novotel Saint-Petersburg Centre!

Göteborg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at NOVOTEL St Petersburg for 4 nights in April 2013 for an average of 5000 roubles per night.

The hotel is located in the center, a few hundred meters from Nevskiy prospekt, just by Mayakovskaya metro station.
This is both very convenient and very quiet as away from traffic.

There are two buildings, the main one and an annex. Our room was 2606, on the 6th floor of the annex.
If you do not plan to take breakfast at the hotel or use the gym, this is very convenient as the annex as it's own entrance and guest traffic is limited.

The superior room was spotless and was roomy enough for a long stay, with storage, safe and minibar.

The bed was extremely comfortable, while the bathroom has both shower and bath. Toilets were separated.

Some other reviews mention a smell of smoke. I did not experience that issue. Make sure you ask for a non smoking room.

The one thing to know is that Wifi, although free, has a sketchy reception. However the reception can provide an access point to connect in the room if needed.

I will return again and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Specify non-smoking room if you need one.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind words about your stay at Novotel Saint-Petersburg Centre.
Guest satisfaction is our priority and positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward!

We will definitely continue to do our best to make your future stay most comfortable.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is well located, just off the main prospect ,so very convenient for all tourist attractions or for business visits.
Breakfast buffet offers a large choice of options and something for everyone, very satisfying.
The rooms are clean and well kept as are the open areas of the hotel. The bar / lobby area is fine to relax and enjoy a few drinks in. The restaurant is good if you wish to dine in, or there are a range of restaurants and bars within walking distance to satisfy all tastes.
The reception and bar staff are all very helpful with anything you need and will help with directions for restaurants etc. Overall I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review! We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Saint Petersburg Centre.

I will share your kind comments with the team - they are always happy to know that guests enjoy the service that we provide.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel!

Stuttgart
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel is very standard, no frills, no thrills. The same is true for the rooms. I would recommend to get a room in the 1st and not the 2nd building. Breakfast is good and you get a reasonable coffee. Location is good, the hotel is located downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Novotel_Centre, Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time for the feedback regarding your stay. I am happy that you enjoyed some of our facilities, but very sorry to hear that not all of the services were up to your expectations. We appreciate all of your points and we are working hard on those improvements to be done, to make Novotel St. Petersburg Centre even better.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Positive: LOCATION - pretty good and you visit all touristic places by foot

Negative:
#1 - INTERNET - very very poor and sometimes doesn't work at all. Talk on Skype is quite challenging. When it works is very slow... but most of the time is not working.

#2 - BREAKFAST - is not included on the room fare and they charge extra 28 USD per person. I paid one time and I think it's abusive price. They provide average breakfast and 20 USD is not fair at all. The best option is to walk every morning to have your breakfast outside. You can save a lot of money, but it's very inconvenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Sankt Petersburg Centre. I am sorry that your experience did not meet all of your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please, let me mention that at the moment we are changing the hotel solution for the Internet. New access points will make the connection easier and will provide higher speed of data exchange.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Novotel St. Petersburg Centre? Share your experiences!