“Best tour of St Petersburg” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 123 activities in St. Petersburg
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Let Russian Tour Guide design your dream tour of Russia. We specialize in tours of St. Petersburg, Moscow and the Golden Ring. We use only fully credentialed guides who speak excellent English. Both private and group tours are available. We pride ourselves in offering the best tours of Russia. Contact us for help in planning "your trip of a lifetime."
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Best tour of St Petersburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Thank you Steve Fowler and Russian Tour Guide. During our recent Baltic cruise the 2 days we spent in Saint Petersburg touring with our guide Olga were some of our best days in the entire vacation. From the moment we exited the Russian passport control,which was exactly the slow process that Steve had forewarned us about.We quickly spotted the ❤ Russian Tour Guide sign being held by Anna. We were introduced to Olga who would be our guide.She escorted us to the bus and we were off. The driver Dennis and Olga had a professional working relationship that translated into us feeling safe and in good hands.(we had heard stories and saw first hand some of the crazy Russian driving.) During the next two days we were shown amazing sights and told the fascinating history by Olga.She is every tourists dream guide, speaks perfect English, keeps a group moving (we had 6 in our party) knows her subject, encourages and answers questions, I just can't say enough and by the end of our time in St Petersburg we felt we had made a friend.
I would highly recommend Russiantourguide.com if visiting in Russia.

Visited July 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Tour of Moscow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I organised my day tour of Moscow through Stephen Fowler of Russian Tour
guide and I could not of been happier. My tour guide Elena was excellent from when we she greeted me at my hotel until when we finished our day together and she got me back to my hotel that evening. Elena you were brilliant and I had a fabulous day discovering Moscow with you. Everything was organised and I got to see everything I wanted to see the Kremlin, Amoury and Diamond Fund. We did the River Dinner Cruise in the evening and that was excellent . I would recommend Steve and his company to anyone that wants to do tours in Moscow.
Liz australia

Brazil, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
“"Best of the Best" - St. Petersburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Thank you Steve Fowler and Russiantourguide.com After 21 cruises and countless shore excursions I can finally say I have found the best of the best. From our first contact with Steve, all the questions and follow up E mails and phone calls, we knew we were in the hands of a professional that we could trust to deliver. First class all the way.
Rather then a litany of aculades and redundancies, I would just like to say that the 30 positive reviews before mine were specificially accurate. From a good fair price to comfortable transportation with a courteous driver, no lines, canal boat ride, exhibits, fantastic lunch and perfect English speaking guide, nothing or no place of interest was left out. I can't see how anyone could be more knowledgable and enthusiastic about her city, St. Petersburg, than Inna, our guide. From its founding 300 years ago to present day, from every painting to every treasure and monument, Inna knew about it and was eager to give us her insight. Every minute was utilized to show us what we wanted to see and more.
I personally liked the audio set. Even though we were a small group (eleven) it was easy for us to hear and for Inna to communicate with us even when we got a little scattered. It was an extensive two days and very rewarding. A trip that we will never forget. I give Steve and his people a perfect ten.
Papa and his girls, Indiana, USA

Edinburgh
“The Best way to see St Petersburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just back from a fabulous visit to St P. My wife cannot do too much walking or standing, and has a wheelchair, so the standard excursions from the Baltic cruise ship did not suit us, yet we wanted to make the most of these two days. After reading these good reviews we spoke to Steve and he asked what we needed - A leisurely start (eg 10.00am. not 8.00am), particular things we wanted to see, a boat trip, and preferably no queuing or standing with huge crowds at every turn, and an early finish (eg 3.00pm). Steve arranged all this and was true to his word. Our visas arrived by return e-mail. On the day, we went through deserted passport control, met on time by Anna, into our lux 7-seater, with a driver and an excellent guide, Dee. Our visits to the big venues, eg Peterhof, Yusopov, were so easy. We were away from the crowds, virtually the only ones in each room, all questions answered comprehensively, we got great uncluttered photos, no 'rushing through'. Off the road and onto our own private boat. Magic.
We told lots of folk on the ship about our own great 2-day private tour and many said they would have done it too. In fact if we'd roped in an extra couple for 'our' tour, it would have reduced the cost. Steve was right - we had a terrific time. Thanks again.

Londonderry, New Hampshire
“2-Day Tour St.Petersberg, Russia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Thank you Steve for setting up our wonderful 2-day Cruise-stop Tour in St. Petersburg.  What an exciting, smooth, perfect experience it was!

We were met at the pier by "Anna", exactly on time, from RussianTourGuide.com, who took us to our van where we met our Tour Guide "Helen" and our four fellow passengers.  We took off immediately, way ahead of the regular bus tours off the ship, and guided by the best tour guide I've ever encountered! (As a travel agent, I've been traveling for over 45 years!)
 Helen was so knowledgeable, so efficient, and so pleasant as she shepherded us around the amazing sights of this perfectly beautiful, historical city.  We became a little family whizzing around, snapping pictures; and if we wanted to do something not on the agenda she would do it as long as we all agreed.   We even got to ride the Metro for three stops!  But the very best feature was that we never had to stand in any lines to be admitted to any museums, castles etc.   We EVEN  marched right into the crowded HERMITAGE following closely behind our little petite guide. That saved our energy for actual sights and gave us more time to explore.

So for the cost of this trip,( less than the big bus tours off the ship), we learned more, saw more, and returned less exhausted than our shipmates.   Everyone we told about this was envious!
So from Helena and I, kudos to you Steve!   I wish all our tours had been planned by RUSSIAN TOUR GUIDE.com.