“Fabulous trip with Anastasia!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 279 Activities in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Anastasia Travel is a full service inbound tour operator, specializing in visa-free shore escursions, land tours and MICE events in St.Petersburg, Russia.
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous trip with Anastasia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

It is probably the best trip in 10 cruises we have had. Svetlana is a marvelous guide. She is knowledgeable, charming, flexible, kind and was able to make adjustments due to traffic conditions. She is a jewel!

Visited August 2011

San Diego
3 attraction reviews
“More than we expected!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I found this private Russia tour thru cruisecritic.com and was rated very highly. I booked this tour at least 6 months ahead of our Baltic cruise 6/30/12 and was very pleased with the whole day tour customized to our likes and dislikes of places to see and do. We were 2 couples and a private minivan with an excellent tour guide Sergi plus a driver. Both were so patient and understanding because my girlfriend badly sprained her ankle the day before and had to use the ship's wheel chair all day in and out through all the tours. Payment was easy and paid at the end of the tour before heading back to the ship using either us dollars, rubles or credit card. I found not going a ship's tour with 40 others on a bus so much better and quicker with our own guide and 4 of us everywhere we went. We chose lunch on our own and ate at a quick hamberger and hot dog stand outside of St. Peter Hoff's garden. Anastasia tour met us outside of the customs area from the ship with my name on a sign and back at the ship at our specified time for dinner on the ship. Will recommend to our friends on their cruise coming up. Feel free to email and ask questions as I did. We even had time to souvenier shop at a terrific store they take you to at the end of the day.

Visited July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Somewhat Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

In the past June, 6 of us friends went on a cruise that had a 3 days layover in St Petersburg. So in last March I started researching for shore excursion on the web to find a good tour company. I was just about to sign up with the top rated tour group in TripAdvisor when Anastasia for her Anastasia Travel contacted me and tried to solicit our business. She was very responsive and seems to be very flexible on our requests. So we decided to sign on with Anastasia Travel for the 2 days St Petersburg and I day Moscow tour We paid the same price as the TripAdvisor top rated tour group. I particular let her know that culinary experience is important to us and I specified want to have dinner reservation in the Gosti, one of the best restaurant in St Petersburg. She told me the reservation was not difficult and so I assume she had made the reservation. She also promised me we will have very knowledgeable guides to greet us at the dock.

By the time we get off the dock, there was no guide with the sign to greet us. We wait and after 20 min of confusion and phone calls, our guide finally arrived. She was a kindergarten teacher working as tour guide part time. She was a very nice person but her knowledge was very limited. She didn’t even know what Vodka is made out off. What can you expect from a kindergarten teacher? Then at dinner time, they did not take us to the Gosti but to a different restaurant and told us this is the restaurant we reserved (probably they get a bigger kickback). We ended up spending $$$ but did not have a good Russian culinary experience.

Early next morning Anastasia herself took us to the train station to take train to Moscow for a 1 day walking tour, Again she promised us the guide with sign would greet us when we get off the train. Again when we got off the train, there was no guide with sign anywhere in sight. After a agonized 10 min, a woman without any identification who was standing there all the time finally approach us and said she was our guide. She is a chain smoking English teacher working as tour guide. She is much knowledgeable than the kindergarten teacher guide in St Petersburg but we had to take frequency breaks during the tour so she can have a puff. That day the Red Square was closed but she keep us walking around the outside of Red Square and wasted a lot of time. So the only place in Moscow we ended up seeing is the Kremlin. If not so many time was wasted walking around Red Square, we could have the opportunity to visited other optional sites.
In conclusion, this tour operator followed ‘most’ of the itineraries. But we did not feel we had such a memorable experience as Anastasia herself promised us. If you are picking a tour operator for St Petersburg /Moscow visit, I would recommend you stay with the TripAdvisor top 3 rated tour operators (last time I checked, Anastasia Travel was rated 26). I remembered clearly when I met Anastasia herself I did ask her what keep them being the top rated TripAdvisor tour operator. She replied ‘We don’t care other people’s critics’. By then I knew I could have make other better choices, but it was too late then..

Visited June 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Value-Packed Tour with Anastasia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Even before we arrived in St.Petersburg in June 2012, our experience with Anastasia was positive. Anastasia herself responded promptly and clearly to all of our email inquiries from the States. We were met at the cruise ship dock by Anna, our delightful tour guide, and immediately whisked away in a private van to our one day-tour which included: a canal cruise of the city, Catherine Palace, Peterhof, and a hydrofoil ride back to the ship. Anna was charming, knowledgeable and saved us lots of time by jumping us to the head of the line at Catherine Palace. Even payment was easy with Anastasia as a professional young accountant came aboard our van and processed our credit card payments in about 3 minutes. We were originally nervous about going outside of the Holland-America tour system but are so glad we did. The cruise-ship equivalent of our tour would have cost us 3 times as much and taken two days, with lots of waiting in lines and to load giant tour buses. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Anastasia Tours to anyone visiting Baltic countries.

Visited June 2012
new jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Highly recommend this group!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were 3 couples who used Anastasia's company for a private 3 day tour of St. Petersburg while on a Baltic cruise. Anastasia was wonderful to deal with as we had specific ideas of things we wanted to see/do and she was able to arrange an itinerary for us that covered it all! We had a comfortable van to travel in with a driver who was able to drop us at the door to most attractions and our guide, Svetlana, was outstanding. She spoke beautiful English and was most knowledgeable about this wonderful city and its many sights. These 3 days were a highlight of our cruise and I would most highly recommend Anastasia Travel Group to anyone who wants to make the most of their time in St. Petersburg and learn a great deal about many aspects of this interesting city.

Visited August 2011