“Boat trip in English. Well worth knowing.” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Walking, Shopping
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This famous Russian street that cuts through the center of St. Petersburg is a hub for shopping, nightlife and entertainment, and is lined with historic and picturesque buildings and churches.
Kent
34 attraction reviews
“Boat trip in English. Well worth knowing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Spoilt for choice shops and restaurants. Searched high and low for a cruise with an English commentary. Found one at the second bridge down by the Kazan Cathedral and failed to find any others. Goes at 1600 hours only and will cost you an extra 100 Roubles or 600 Roubles in total but it makes good sense if your knowledge of Russian is not up to scratch.

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Naantali, Finland
325 attraction reviews
“Everything for everybody”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Long street(about 4.5km/almost 3 miles) and heart of everything in St. Petersburg, Literally hundreds restaurants/bars/shops etc.etc. If you have time - and strong legs :) - walk both sides and see everything from local hustlers to thousands tourists and almost as many Rolls Royces/Range Rovers/Porsches etc. than those old Russian Ladas...

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“Watch your wallet...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was warned by a friend to watch my wallet in St. Petersburg, so I did. I was not warned about the camera that was in my zipped backpack that I was carrying around and almost had it stolen as I walked down the street with my wife. Since returning home, we have done several searches about the crime and it is more rampant than we expected. Having to be on edge like this detracts from the rest of the offerings around you, in my opinion.

Our incident was on a rainy day and happened as I was pushing one man away from my wife as he tried to "sell" us a boat trip or something. I didn't even feel the unzipping and only realized what happened when a good citizen told me my camera was about to fall out of my backpack.

If you are going here, do some searches before you go.

Visited June 2013
Greve, Denmark
87 attraction reviews
1,812 helpful votes 1,812 helpful votes
“Great place to have a walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

You find a street with everything. All the tourists but Russians as well. The street is great for strolling and visiting all the shops with the "right" brand, cafes, bars, .... You can visit it at midnight and there are still many people out walking around. Not to forget looking at the architecture of the buildings.

Corvallis, Oregon
50 attraction reviews
“cool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

It's the happening place in town. Period! Take in some of its cafes, sit in some of the parks, watch the old ladies or the pidgeons. Slow down. Good food, good beer, good groove!

Visited June 2013