This hotel is great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Most speak English. The girls at the reception and concierge were great. The bar on the 6th floor is good too and they make great Mojitos. The hotel is about 10 mins walk to Nevsky Prospekt and most of the sites are walkable, even the Peter & Paul Fortress. There are 2 restaurants in the area which were great too. One was Topelo, on the street behind the Hotel and the other was Golo or Gogol (something like that) which was awesome. You need reservations. We ate at the hotel and the food was good but pricey. They brought a bottle of Champagne to my room for my birthday and a couple of times brought fruits and water.
The water in St. Petersburg STINKS so don't wash your teeth with it. The hotel provides bottled water every day and they leave it in the bathroom. The bed was hard (since I am used to sleeping on a Tempurpedic) but some people like hard mattresses. The only problem is the rooms face the interior courtyard and it makes it hard to see how the day is. But, if you are a sleeper, the room is always dark. St. Petersburg has some crazy weather. It can be sunny one minute and you walk out of your room and its pouring.
All in all, this was a GREAT hotel. I would stay there again in a heartbeat if I ever go back to St. Petersburg.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance St Petersburg
- St Petersburg Renaissance
- Renaissance St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg Renaissance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Renaissance St. Petersburg Baltic Hotel is an ideal place to enjoy the city's charm with a fabulous location next to St. Isaac's Cathedral and steps away from Mariinsky Theatre and the Hermitage Museum. From the moment you arrive, the hotel captivates you with an elegant interior, fresh-cut flowers and original artwork. Luxurious, well-appointed accommodations offer comfortable furnishings and large work area with broadband. For a conference or banquet, choose from a ballroom for 200 guests or smaller meeting room. To relax and unwind, visit the fitness centre and sauna, which is a tradition in Russia perfect for the body and soul. Canvas Restaurant offers the finest International and Russian specialties from our award-winning chef and great wines to complement your fare. During famous White Nights, have a cocktail on the 6th Floor Terrace while enjoying views of the cathedral. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Renaissance St. Petersburg Baltic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.