“Big hotel, without atmosphere, dirty and sticky rooms and environment” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn By Radisson Pulkovskaya

Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #156 of 269 Hotels in St. Petersburg
3.5 of 5 stars 617 Reviews
Pocking, Germany
“Big hotel, without atmosphere, dirty and sticky rooms and environment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Not far away from the airport, with the taxi I paid 600 RUB from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel in the city 800 RUB. The hotel is really a huge complex with a lot of bus tourists, for me too much. The building is not new and this you can see, I had the room number 6180, 6 floor, very loud, it was not possible to close the windows because the frame was out of rectangle, the carpet and the windows screen was very dirty, but the bathroom was very clean. The breakfast was good, fresh fruits, bacons etc., the only disadvantage was the also the ground of the breakfast room was very dirty and sticky. At the check-in I asked for a non-smoking room but unfortunately a non- smoking room was not free. I paid for one night 11.300 RUB, for my understanding absolute too expensive. In general the service was very friendly, communication in English possible; you have free WiFi access in the hotel. If possible go on the Parkinn Nevsky Prospect which is definitive the better choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Atakan_Turhan, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Pulkovskaya, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the hotel Park Inn by Radisson Pulkovskaya I thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Let me apologies for the inconvenience that you faced during your stay. I will follow-up on your complaint with housekeeping manager to make sure that such situation does not happen in the future. We will pay careful attention to the issues.

We will be happy to welcome you in the hotel in future!

Park Inn by Radisson Pulkovskaya, St. Petersburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Meerut, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Went with wife. Bad decision.They seem to pride the fact that people complain. I asked them is it true no a.c. most of the time and they proudly said this is true. A.c is a problem. At the concierge fee good people and few ultra snooty. Good people at reception and good connectivity to metro and surrounding areas innthe city. But apart from that, better to give a miss till a.c's are taken care of. Rooms were hot hot hot whethet morning or night. I had a conference there so could not shift. Hope others fare better

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time to write this review. We value experience of our guests. Guest comment is the best tool to help us to improve our services.

Please, accept our sincere apologies if your stay with us failed to meet your expectations. We will carefully consider all issues, mentioned in your review, and do our best to improve situation.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The staff at the bar were not very efficient or friendly. I guess they are nice to customers who are buying drinks there but they were extremely rude to those who would like to get some hot water and some small change there. The receptionists were not welcoming in any sense, and they were just making excuses and pushed things around. I'm very shocked that these happened in A HOTEL/ park inn since they didn't seem to know about hospitality at all. In addition, rooms are not of four star standard, but it was something that I expected.

• Stayed August 2013
Atakan_Turhan, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Pulkovskaya, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please, accept our apologies for the inconveniences. It was a surprise for us to know that our staff was inattentive. I will forward your comment to relative departments and follow-up additional trainings for staff.

Cairo, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is really strange... They switch off air condition at night and when you asked them why? They tell you, because of the noisy... and when you told them, it's really hot, they answer you, open the window... will it be noisy or what??????????
Their breakfast is really poor, nothing special... Their room service is awful, they even don't put the water they should put every day and I'm staying in business room.

I really don't advise anyone to stay in.. it's awful hotel...

Room Tip: I don't recommend at all
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Atakan_Turhan, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Pulkovskaya, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Amr M,

I thank you for taking time to express your opinion about Park Inn by Radisson Pulkovskaya!

Please, accept my sincere apologies if our hotel failed to meet your expectations. I will forward your remarks to relative department managers to fix the issues.

England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

it is quite big, easy to get lost in the endless corridors of rooms. feels like you are inside of a big "hotel machine". it all works somehow but comfort, hospitality and attention to details is lost somehow... worst park inn i ever stayed at.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Atakan_Turhan, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Pulkovskaya, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Feedback of our guests is essential because it helps us improving our services.

Please accept our sincere apologies if your stay with us failed to meet your expectations. We will do our best to improve points that you mentioned.

Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel back in 2004 when it was just 'Pulkovskaya'. It was that type of giant Soviet dinasaurs that cannot be proud of anything but size of the building. Unfortunately, since it became Park Inn, it did not change much. The location is good if you go the the airport but awful if you want to go dowtown in the morning, jams everywhere. If there are no jams, you should still count with 30 minutes of a taxi trip to the Hermitage. These were the 'white nights' days plus Saint Pete's International Economic Forum (SPIEF) period when the whole city is full of tourists, police and security cars honking. I could not find a reasonably priced room at the usual hotel chains, so I had to chose this one. It looked like it was full of tourists. Check in was starting well and Xenia even tried smiling. She did not specify what room I am getting, so I asked, the answer was: standard queen. I asked for an upgrade, as I am the Gold customer. She went to consult her manager, came back and offered a smoking executive room. The room wasn't smelling as a smoking one, maybe just a little bit. However, I was shocked to see that the room size was close to 'standard' at other Park Inns I have stayed at. The biggest problem was I could find neither aircon control nor I could open the window. The air in the room was hot and stuffy. I called the reception and the same girl said with a metal in her voice that the aircon is a 'joint' system and could not be controlled from the rooms except for the suites. They have sent a guy with a special lever to open my window. That eased the situation a little bit but there was a busy roundabout behind the window. I had to chose between stuffy, hot room and street noise.

The room was clean but one of the glasses smelled fish. Otherwise, same Park Inn entourage.

The Paulaner restaurant was also huge. The hostess immediately told me that the lunch was with the 'time limit'. She explained that all the tables are usually booked for the evening, weeks before, by people who want to 'have rest' in the city for the weekend, and that live in the suburbs. I cannot understand why they don't keep a number of tables reserved for the hotel guests but offer them to strangers. Unbelievable. I am sure I could get a table for the evening if I bribed the hostess, but I never do that. The service was mediocre - they bring you the second course while you are still working on your salad. The plates are huge, the beer and the food is good.

I would never stay again there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Atakan_Turhan, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Pulkovskaya, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We value feedback of our guests very much because it allows us improving necessary areas.

Please accept my sincere apologies if your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I will forward your remarks to relative departments and follow up work of employees.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The air conditioning does NOT work at night, which hotel does that?! They suggested that I open the window, which I did but then I couldn't sleep because of the traffic outside.

The rooms are simple, no minibar, small bathroom, no king size bed, you know it - just an average 3 star hotel.

Far away from the city center, but close to the airport. Take bus 39 it's amazingly cheap and fast. Free shuttle bus from the hotel is possible, but does not run frequently.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Please, accept our sincere apologies if your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I assure you that we will carefully work on issues, mentioned in your reviews. We will do our best to improve the situation because comfort of our guests is our priority.

We will be glad to welcome you in our hotel!

Park Inn by Radisson Pulkovskaya, St. Petersburg

Been to Park Inn By Radisson Pulkovskaya? Share your experiences!