Traveled with a youth group to beautiful St. Petersburg. Highly recommend visiting this city and spending some time there! We stayed a little over a week and still had more to see. Would stay here again.
Large hotel was very convenient, right on main drag, Nevsky Prospekt, so easy to walk most places, subway station right across the street, bus stops also nearby. Big mall across the street with even a grocery store, shops and eateries. (Can buy bottled water, don't drink tap!) Careful of pickpockets while walking, on buses, etc.
Rooms were clean, quiet, mostly ok. Some rooms have been refurbed, others not. Our room had a thermostat but AC did not work (we were there in June with 80 degree weather). No screens on the windows so when we opened them at night, got eaten by mosquitos. Lucky, some others in our group wanted to switch rooms so we got one that had AC that worked and had nice sitting area. I heard rooms on street side may be noisy. During summer, SPb is a city that never sleeps!
Breakfast in hotel is usually included--nice big buffet with plenty to eat. Nice bar, lobby area for relaxing. ATMs in lobby to get rubles. Our trip was preplanned so don't know how helpful staff is for activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms at the hotel are equipped with telephone, refrigerator, satellite TV and Internet access. Guests are offered accommodation in single, double or triple rooms, for an extra fee an additional sleeping place can be placed in a room of each category.The hotel provides a wide variety of services for holding business events, exhibitions and congresses. There are 8 conference halls with capacity from 25 to 100 places and 5 meeting rooms with capacity up to 25 seats. The hotel provides all the necessary equipment.Every morning for hotel guests the restaurant serves a Breakfast buffet. There are two halls in the restaurant: for 70 and 200 guests, and a VIP-hall for small banquets (16 people max.).In the evening of Thursday and Friday there is live music in "Assembly", musicians perform jazz, blues and classical compositions.Major shopping centers are located here, famous sights of Saint-Petersburg, such as Hermitage, Kazan Cathedral, Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood in a short walk from the hotel. It takes around half an hour to get to the airport “Pulkovo” by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Oktyabrskaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oktiabrskaya St Petersburg
- Oktiabrskaya Hotel St Petersburg