“Luxury and excellent service at affordable price” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #19 of 269 Hotels in St. Petersburg
4.5 of 5 stars 182 Reviews
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Luxury and excellent service at affordable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights on a ferry cruise from Helsinki. Booked via booking.com after reading all guest reviews and being anxious about service, cleanliness and security most of all and also adhering to our budget. What a wonderful place to stay for the price! My husband and I shared a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with our adult son. The whole space was so well designed, extremely spacious, quality materials used throughout and every surface was finished to the highest standard. The furniture was well chosen modern with designer edge, I loved comfortable leather and suede beds, leather recliner chair, dark wood wardrobes and other units, the lighting was well appointed with fresh modern fittings. The soft furnishings felt luxurious and fresh and enhanced the rooms. Large flatscreen TV in every room with selection of channels in every language incl Chinese and perfectly working high speed WiFi internet connection helped us feel at home. The attention to detail showed in everything: good quality light blocking curtains, modern quiet air conditioning and adjustable heating in perfect working order, high quality spotless and shiny bathroom fixtures and rain shower in a huge enclosure, safe in wardrobe, perfectly appointed kitchen with good lighting, dishwasher and everything you need incl wine and water glasses, cleaning cloth, brush, scourer, Fairy liquid, paper towels etc. You can see and appreciate how much thought and care was put into arranging this accommodation for you, makes you feel special. The apartment is also wheelchair users friendly. The cleanliness throughout was exemplary. The bathrobes and slippers and complimentary water. We were not disturbed by any noise which is an issue in most hotels and had wonderful night sleep. We felt very secure in the hotel: 24 h security guard downstairs, lift operated by your room key card, chain and lock on the room door, windows open in two positions but are fitted with restrainers. The staff at reception spoke excellent English and were most welcoming and happy to assist. The plentiful and varied breakfast was served in spacious welcoming room and we loved it. Porridge, kashi, sausages, individual omellettes, boiled eggs, juices, fresh bread, toast, jams, coffee/tea from machine (also available all day long free). The staff in breakfast room did not speak English but was most helpful, friendly and courteous assisting with coffee macine, replenishing food and clearing up. The hotel's location worked very well for us: right mext door to Metro station and 4 stops to the centre. We found public transport working well, all signs were in Russian and English, ticket machines at every station with instructions and options in English, conductors and card scanning devices on buses and trolleybuses (ecologically clean elecrtic buses). So exploring the city was easy even being 4 stops from the centre! The only thing I wish for is clear signs and dedicated path leading to the entrance of the hotel. The hotel is in the same huge building as Holiday Inn which entrance you see from the street and you can get to Staybridge hotel through Holiday Inn, only it takes ages. To get to the entrance you need to go around the Holiday Inn complex, through the covered car park, to the rear of the building. It is not signposted and people tend to spend some time looking for it. In conclusion: we were not aware of Staybridge brand before, but it is obviously a concept that works well for our family, so I am going to seek it out on my travels from now on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Overall, I loved the accommodation. Extremely quiet and wonderfully clean.The kitchen was really well equipped, with nice crockery and cutlery, and having a small dishwasher and a microwave oven was brilliant.

Cleanliness and quiet are top of my list and my apartment had both.

If I had to criticise anything it would be that I found it quite cold in the evening sometimes. I was given a heater when I arrived but on Friday, when it was colder, and I wanted one for the bedroom, I was told there not a single heater in the entire Holiday Inn complex. I found this odd. I was given extra thin duvets to help though so front desk did try to help. Indeed, the people on front desk did try to help and were friendly throughout my stay.

I only popped into the breakfast bar on the last morning as I prefer, generally, to buy my own things and eat in my room/apartment but it seemed well-stocked and catered to a wide range of tastes. And it's included in the price.

Wifi access is ALSO included which is SUCH a bonus and so so rare in hotels these days.

I also didn't like the fact that there were no individual toiletries - shampoo, shower gel etc were provided in pump bottle dispensers which, I assume, were topped up when a new guest arrived. I thought this was unhygenic.

It's great to have the laundry in the building which was easy to use.

The metro station is about 4 mins walk away and it's about 10 mins maximum to the centre. Some might not like being in the centre but I love being away from it - St Petersburg gets VERY busy and I think you'd end up being in a more expensive, less desirable place by choosing a central location when it is a doddle to get into the centre from Staybridge.

There's a pantry or small shop in Staybridge but also a basic supermarket next to the metro. At the next metro along, there's a MUCH bigger supermarket but I didn't spot it until I was being driven to the airport to get my return flight. If you want a central supermarket, with excellent wine selection, go to basement of Stockmann (the Finnish Dept store) or Lend in the basement of a small arcade near Dostoyevsky Prospekt (I think, but do double check that!).

Re TV provision - modern LCD screens in lounge area and bedroom but if you don't speak Russian and like to relax in front of the TV, well your choice is limited to BBC World News, CNN, Bloomsberg & Animal Planet. Not an issue for me but might be for some I guess.

The airport transfer service is really useful too - and only a few pounds more expensive than what a taxi is meant to cost - I say 'meant' because it's very easy, in any country, to get ripped off by taxis taking advantage of tourists. I took an airport transfer 4 times (I went ot Belarus for 2 days during my stay) but only two drivers made me feel safe - the other two seriously scared me by what seemed to me reckless driving and speed but this is NOT the fault of the hotel.

Room Tip: I chose an apartment suite on 20th floor (room 2009) and though the view was not pretty it was super...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here 5 nights. The hotel is located behind the Holiday Inn, and can communicate with the hotel internally. The front desk is very friendly and helpful - we were greeted by name when we arrived. The breakfasts are a little repetitive, but very goood - several types of cold cereal, two types of hot cereal, an egg option, one or two types of sausage, fresh fruit, and other things. Through the Holiday Inn, there is access to a couple of restaurants - and we ate at one our first night, and it was quite good. The exercise room was fine. The room was spacious and fine. It is a 2 minute walk from the metro, which is on a direct line and 4 stops from the metro stop which is the stop for most of the tourist sites, Nevskiya Prospekt. So if you don't mind being a subway ride from the center, I would highly recommend this.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

4 of us shared a 2-bedroom apartment here for 3 nights. We found the rooms to be very clean and spacious, and appreciated the layout that had the 2 bedrooms on opposite ends of the apartment. It is located a few metro stops away from the city centre, but with trains coming every 1-2min (even off peak), and a bilingual metro system (unlike Moscow), getting around was very easy. Free wifi was fast and excellent, and breakfast was great. It was refreshing to see a hotel that trusted it's guests enough to let them take large bottles of water, fruits etc. up to their rooms. Service at staybridge was excellent, however the concierge at the Holiday Inn (attached to the Staybridge) was rude and unhelpful. She refused to book tickets to a ballet at the Hermitage Theatre, saying it wasn't on, despite us showing her a newspaper outlining the details. We later saw posters over town confirming that it was indeed on, however by that point we'd left it too late to book. The only downside to an otherwise very pleasant stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We loved this hotel. Being out of the tourist area wasn’t an issue for us at all - we were able to go almost everywhere by metro with no problems - Moskovskye Vorota station is very close to the Staybridge Suites, we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a train, and the metro is designed so you never have to change lines more than once to get anywhere. The metro itself is one of the “must-sees” of St Petersburg - don’t miss Avtovo Station which is where you exit to catch a minibus out to Peterhof Palace. I loved being able to cook in a kitchen (supermarket almost next door), have a washing machine & dryer in the building, heated bathroom floors, and a spacious living room to relax in after a hard day of sightseeing. Then there was the complimentary breakfast and evening nibbles with drinks (including wine & beer). The Staybridge Suites is tucked in behind the Holiday Inn and my only complaint would be that while the HI has nice landscaping outside, the Staybridge Suites has a weedy mess. I have to assume that there are plans to landscape the area but right now it’s a bit offputting when you first arrive.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

New hotel, next to (and connected to) the Holiday Inn. Very good room, with lots of space. Breakfast was fine - but not amazing.
The hotel is 5 minutes walk from Moskovskie Vorota metro - four stops into the city centre - so there's a fair bit of travelling involved getting to see things (and the St Petersburg metro can get very crowded at rush hours).
Well worth staying there if you don't mind the metro trips.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
BD3856
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had a two-bedroom/two-bathroom suite for four nights during June, 2012. Our suite was clean, quiet and comfortable. The air-conditioning was excellent. One bedroom had its own bathroom while the other bedroom did not have its own bathroom. We thought the breakfast was very good, especially the three varieties of porridge! The Staybridge Suites are interconnected with the adjacent Holiday Inn. The concierge at the Holiday Inn, Boris, was very helpful and extremely pleasant to deal with. Thank you Boris. Overall, the Staybridge Suites provided a very comfortable stay at an excellent location within St. Petersburg.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Staybridge Suites St. Petersburg? Share your experiences!