“Very informative & worth every penny” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 122 activities in St. Petersburg
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Established in 2010 by Elena Ulko, ULKOtours has been rapidly developing into a big tour operator, that boasts growing clientele and superb quality of service. We do not claim to be the largest or the oldest tour company in the area like some do, but the success we have had during the years we have been on the market with the ULKO brand proves that we work hard and we deliver to our promises. Our clients attest to that.ULKOtours provides:- Customised city tours for independent travelers to Russia (Moscow, St.Petersburg and Golden Ring)- Private and Group (GDT) shore excursions for cruise visitors in the following destinations:St.PetersburgMoscowTallinnHelsinkiStockholmBerlinWarnemundeSwerinRostok
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very informative & worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Amazing! During e-mail contact we were able to adjust their offer to fit our needs. Both driver and guide were punctual and super friendly.

My dad has a knack for asking a lot of questions, and ones another person wouldn't think of. Like asking followup questions that his brain concuts, and others don't think about. Our guide, Maria, was even able to answer those! She was a wealth of information and very nice! She studied history so she knew so much!

Highly recommended if you want to see the highlights with more background information and comfortable transportation. Because you're a tour you're also allowed to enter places earlier than the rest. We were nearly alone in Peterhof!

Visited April 2013

5 attraction reviews
“Outstanding service and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

When my twenty-something son and I were planning a four day trip to Russia over the MLK weekend in 2013, I consulted these pages and sorted through tour guide offerings. I chose Elena Ulko's tour company, and I'm very glad I did. Elena promptly responded to my general query by providing a detailed proposed itinerary of sites in and around St. Petersburg. We agreed on the details, and on the price (which was quite reasonable, for a tour guide and driver for just my son and myself, for about $900 for pickup at the airport, 8 hours on Saturday, and 4 hours on Sunday). Even before the trip, Elena and her associate, Yulia Vasilyeva, provided outstanding assistance. Being unschooled in such things, I failed to take the steps needed to secure an invitation or voucher, in order to get visas for the visit. When I explained this to Elena, she promptly emailed me a valid voucher, so we were able to get our visas, just in time for the trip.

We had agreed to use the driver upon our arrival at the St. Petersburg airport. Our flight, however, was delayed due to weather problems in Moscow. We had no way of contacting either Elena or the driver, Eduard. We arrived four hours late, but Eduard was there, patiently waiting, with a professional-looking sign bearing my name. He picked us up in a clean, late model Citroen, which became our tour vehicle for the next two days. We met our tour guide, Maria, promptly at 10 the next morning, and the four of us set out to see the historical sites in and near St. Petersburg.

We learned much from Maria - she was articulate, very competent in her command of English, and exceptionally knowledgeable in the history of the sites we visited. We learned of the historical development of Russia, of the terrible struggles its people endured during the German siege in World War Two, and the remarkable success in restoring palaces that had been destroyed or damaged during the war. Maria did an outstanding job providing background information about the history of the Russian people, and proved an excellent source when we sought out places to eat (three suggestions: Baklazhan, in the Galleria, with its excellent eggplant dishes, Grizzly, with its pop culture, attractive wait staff, and burgers; and Pub Rom-Baba, with its venison chip and vodka, all within a short walk of the Novotel St. Petersburg).

We had only 36 hours to tour the city, and Ulko Tours and its guide Maria and driver Eduardo did an outstanding job of helping us make the most of our time there.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“St Petersburg By Ulko”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My tour began at the airport in St Petersburg, and this was my firs time in the city and in Russia as well so I did not know what to expect. However my Maria, my guide was superb! Not only was she there waiting for me at the airport, she actually gave me a fantastic and detailed tour of St Petersburg and some of the palaces in the surrounding area. Considering I was only in St. Petersburg for the day Ulko really delivered well. They booked my ballet tickets were extremely helpful when it came to planning out my day making sure that I could really get the best of the city in the shortest amount of time. I have been on a lot of tours around the world and I have to say that for someone who has little or no knowledge of Russia and has little or no time to prepare plus a busy schedule, Ulko are really well worth it because they really take good care of you even if you're flying in and flying out the same day like I was. They made sure I got to the airport in good time and my driver Edward took the best route for me to enjoy my site seeing right up until I got to the airport.
So definitely well recommended

Visited October 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Superior guide and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I booked a St Petersburg city tour through Ulko Tours. We were a little apprehensive to book online but after speaking with Elena (who was very prompt and responsive to my questions) several times and reading TA reviews we decided to go for it. We have traveled all over the world and have used many different guides and tour services but none have compared to the experience we had using Ulko Tours. Their staff is knowledgable, personable and have a sense of humor and most of all they made us feel like family from the very first contact all the way up until we departed their beautiful city. We highly recommend Ulko Tours for anyone wanting to get the most out of their vacation to Russia.

Visited October 2012
Jupiter, Florida
“Ulko Tours-This is the best way to see St.petersburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have been to St Petersburg twice before with tour companys form the US. We had the long
lines, big bus and did not see all of the things we wanted to see. This time before we went on
a Baltic Sea cruise I contacted Ulko Tours. There were specific palaces and museams we wanted to see. Ulko Tours was great about answering all of our questions. When we arrived at
the port our driver and guide were waiting for us. We walked past the long line of people waiting
to get on the big buses. I felt a little guilty getting into our private van thinking how those people
paid the same price or more than we did for a private tour. Our guide Lyuba was very knowledgeable about czars, paintings, palaces, museums, history, architecture, etc. She could answer any question you had about anything. Our driver, Andrew was also very informative. When we went to Catherine palace the lines were very long. Lyuba said not to worry and she was right. We got to go right to the front of the line. On the tour we were able to spend as much or little time as we wanted at each place or stop if we saw something interesting along the way, change our plans - whatever we wanted, we could do. When we went to Yusupov palace we went to the basement where Rusputin was murdered and we had the room to ourselves. We spent two days in St.petersburg with Ulko Tours and our guide and driver made us feel like we were VIP's. We were there on victory day which was a bonus. Our guide and driver told us all about their grandparents lives under seige - very interesting. This was our thrid trip to St.petersburg. When we go back again we will go with Ulko Tours. At the end of the two day tour when we said good bye to our guide and driver I felt like I was leaving family.

Visited May 2012