“Used to be better, but still good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 7,996 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Used to be better, but still good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

As I live in St. Petersburg, I've been to this place many times. I started coming here more than 4 years ago, soon after they opened. What we loved was delicious food, shockingly low prices and very attentive service. No wonder the place becamoe so popular. And I must admit they lost a bit of their charm after that. The SERVICE has become a bit worse. It's been several times when you would come there and the hostess would just be standing right in front of you, but still would be completely ignoring you. I can see how it can be dissapointing to the people who have heard so many great things about the place.

At the same time, the waiters are still as good as they were at the start. A lot of them sre Italian, so from time to time they can try to spek to you in Italian, they are very attentive and pleasant. To be honest, I know a lot of people who go there just because of the waiters.

THE FOOD is A+! I've tried their antipasti, many different kinds of pasta, pizza and lazagne, and of course the gelatos. All the food is amazingly tasty and inexpensice. An avarage pasta is 250 rub (5 euros), a glass of house wine is just about a couple euros, too.

THE DECOR is really modest, but has some nice touches to it, like the Italian tablecloth or real Vespas in the windows. I would say that the true great ambiance of the place is created not by the decor, but by the waiters.

PLEASE NOTE:
-The place does not accept bank cards.
-The place is so popular, that you might want to reserve a table in advance. If you want to have a dinner there on a weekend and there are more than 4 people in your group, you might even concider booking a table the day before.

• Visited July 2014

“A+ Italian cafe.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Heard a lot about this place, but every time i've visited it, there was so many guests there. But once i was lucky and had the most delicious Lasagna Bolognese in Saint-Petersburg. Service was great, waiters speak Italian to each other and that reminded me about my vacation 10 years ago in Italy. Now, when i successfully had a great dinner here I can surely say that Caffe Italia is the best Italian cafe in Saint-Petersburg. I will recommend it to all my friends.
Thank you Caffe Italia for a great dinner!

Visited May 2014
“simply amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Guys,if you were looking for a top quality italian cusine restaurant with affordable prices you can stop your findings!! Caffe Italia is an amazing place with tastiest food ever, lovely design and great survice!
Have been there thousands times,so hiighly recommended!

p s if only you can add in the menu cannolies and limoncello you would be even more priceless!!!

• Visited March 2014
“Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I totally love this place. Food is delicious, personal is very nice and neighbourly, atmosphere is so italian :) Visit it about 2-3 times in a month for a breakfast, lunch, dinner and for f glass of wine at evening of course :)

• Visited February 2014
Sankt Petersburg, Saint Petersburg City, Russia
“Dissappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Trip Advisor Winner 2013...?!So many friends recommended this place...! And at last my friend and me visited it...and for us it was disappointing...May be we waited too long and the best time for the restaurant was just shortly after opening:) The service is friendly and atmosphere is cosy-in this aspect nothing to criticize...but food was very disappointed..we ordered the typical dishes that we so admired during our visits to Sardinien and Italy..Even in best pizzerias of Italy the waiting time for pizza is at least 20 min..how is it possible that in caffe italia we've got our order in 10 min?Fast doesn't always mean good..I had the feeling that my pizza just came out of microwave-too dry like a piece of bread...pasta with anchovies and fresh tomato sauce was made with tomato paste-just messy,not juicy..for a famous ice cream I already didn't have appetite any more..may be i will visit the restaurant again sometime in order to give the chef one more chance..but not this year sure.my friends were very disappointed as well..or may be we are just too high-fed with pasta in Genova and Rome and Neapolitan pizza;))

• Visited November 2013