“We recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Altburg

Save Saved
You added Hotel Altburg to your Saves list
Hotel Altburg
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Liteyny Prospekt, d. 35, St. Petersburg 191028, Russia   |
Ranked #22 of 553 St. Petersburg B&B and Inns
Lisbon, Portugal
“We recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Very beautiful city. We walked from Altburg to see all sights. We took map from hotel walked to Russian Museum, Hermitage, Kazantsky cathedral, Place square and other. Staff is nice and friendly. We were very comfortable. Very clean. Room has shower and toilet. We had breakfast late –no problem. Price was good. Many cafes and restaurants near hotel. Center of city. We recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We travel a lot as a family with my husband and our little daughter. We are very careful which hotels we chose because we have to be comfortable as a family. We were very happy with our choice in Sant Petersburg. It is a fantastic little hotel that offered us great hospitality and friendly family feeling. They helped us to prepare warm food for our little daughter and our room was very good for family with a little child (we were in room 6). There is a small kitchen which I used to warm up food at night for my daughter. It was very convenient for us. All personnel was very friendly and assisted us all time even with small requests. We were so happy to find a place like this!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was in St Petersburg for business meeting in October. I found Altburg because my colleague already stayed there, but in different location. I stayed here because it was convenient for my meetings and it was a good recommendation. It was in a house with apartments on other floors. The hotel was clean, and they helped me with everything. I had to do some work on the internet, print, make copies. On my day off I had breakfast in the afternoon - all day was possible. City was nice - they helped me to tell which sights to see. Comfortable bed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've been reading other reviews of Altburg before I've chosen to stay there. There've been a small hesitation before I've booked it. However, now after staying there, I'm very happy I did chose it. It's a lovely place with good honest personnel, fine rooms and modern interiors. There is a small draw back - entrance into the building - the hotel is located in a residential house. But once you enter the hotel itself - you won't have any further hesitations. The building is actually quite interesting in itself. It's one of the historic buildings of St. Petersburg located on the main prospect. Location is very convenient for sightseeing and any transportation. Overall, a very good impression.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the main prospect. This could be a bit noisy for light sleepers (didn't both...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Budapest, Hungary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I ended up in Hotel Altburg as practically all other hotels in St. Petersburg were packed due to an economic summit. I got a very small and clean room which was very noisy even with closed windows as it looked onto Liteyny Prospekt (6 or 8 lanes road) and you can hear all noises from the reception as well as the doorbell. The hot water was brownish-yellow I guess from the rust in the hot water facility. The breakfast was really poor you can have yoghurt and conserve muffin, fake cheese, "plastic bread" and the poorest quality sausages. The night staff was polite, the morning staff was patronising. The room for did cost 3200 RBL for a night.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep and don't have earplugs avoid the Liteyny Prospekt side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is a small and comfortable hotel which like so many St Petersburg hotels is located in a residential building. The entrance to the building may not be all "marble and gold", but the hotel is perfectly comfortable, quiet and well situated to reach many sights in the city. The staff added positively to the equation, leaving me quite satisfied about my stay at Altburg.

If you are after a pleasant mid-range hotel in St Petersburg, I believe Altburg is a very good option and I, for one, will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Dirty, smelly and scary entry. The hotel itself is on the 3rd floor, no lift - we struggled with luggage. Hotel itself is alright. Clean and large room. We were lucky, our room's windows were facing the yard, so it was not very noisy. Some staff are very nice and friendly, made an effort to show us around and tell about local attractions; some are quite grumpy.
The location is quite good. Walking distance to most of the attractions and bridges. We found it a bit pricey for what it is though.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Altburg? Share your experiences!