“Like A Dream... Convenient, Clean, Comfortable...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gregory House Country Inn

Gregory House Country Inn
You added Gregory House Country Inn to your Saves list
Gregory House Country Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Route 43, P.O. Box 401, Averill Park, NY 12018   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Averill Park B&B and Inns
Palm Beach, Florida
“Like A Dream... Convenient, Clean, Comfortable...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

The Gregory House was like a home for my husband and I before and after our recent wedding. I first met Anna Maria during the summer of 2010 while scouting hotels and venues for our reception. We came un-announced, yet she took the time to show my mother and I around as if we were old friends. The place was and is so charming, with its themed rooms and pleasant staff (Hi Tim). I can truly say that Anna Maria and the Gregory House cemented my decision to be married in Averill Park. Our check in was effortless, even though several of my guests arrived very late at night. We were grateful for the fresh breakfast and coffee each morning (the cheese danish is a must.) Having La Perla on site was also a blessing, and the smell of Alfonso's bread baking is sure to have your mouth watering.

On the day of our wedding, both my husband and I, and my bridesmaids got ready at The Gregory House. The "Touch of Italy" room is the PERFECT location for photos. The guys also took advantage of the bar area for a few quick pictures. And off we were to get married! Unfortunately, the next part of the story is a sad one. Due to Hurricane Irene, we were stuck in NY and unable to go on our honeymoon : ( The crazy part is that we are from Florida... how far do you have to go to get away from a hurricane??? Apparently NY is not far enough!

Anna Maria was so kind to us during the heartbreaking time that I will never forget it. She took our minds off the sadness and helped us enjoy just being together. Over all, I would HIGHLY suggest that you stay at the Gregory House Country Inn, or dine at La Perla. Both are exceptional.

Room Tip: The Touch of Italy rooms is great!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

The owners are probably the sweetest people that I have ever met. My grandmother loved this place and since her death every time I come back here I am filled
with such fond memories. The food is phenomenal. I definitely recommed this place its cozy. Owners couldnt be more welcoming.

• Stayed August 2011
East Nassau, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My wife and I go over to LaPerla's at the Gregory House at least every other month. Anna Maria and Alfonso take great pride in providing their guests with a dining experience that they will fondly remember. We have become very close with them over the years. We have had many memorable dinners with friends, family, and business associates, and Anna Maria and Alfonso have never failed to impress with impeccable food and service.
I have an allergy to wheat, which rules out pasta and bread for me. Alfonso found this out; he keeps gluten-free pasta in stock. I never order off of the menu; I let him prepare whatever he feels like; I have loved them all and tried many dishes that I otherwise would never think to order.
Looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Gregory House Country Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you sooo much!!!! It is people like you that makes our job enjoyable !!!!!
Averill Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have been going to Laperla's for many years. Anna maria and Alfonso always make us feel welcome. You couldn't ask for a better quility of food. One of my favorites is the grilled shrimp. Try Alfonso's wood fire Pizza and you will never order pizza any where else again!
My family and friends just love the atmosphere, we are treated like family every time we go. So if you have not found Averill Parks hidden treasure please go and visit Laperla resturant and Inn and ENJOY !!!!!! I know you will come back for more!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Kerhonkson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is one of the BEST restaurants around!!!! The food is awesome, not to mention the place is gorgeous, and the staff was so friendly, too. Love it and can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Our family hosted a graduation party and needed space close by for our out-of-town guests. We couldn't have been more pleased with the friendly, competent service our family received here at the Gregory House. The rooms are well appointed, down to the simplest detail; and, the friendly and efficient service truly made my family feel like "guests." As an added bonus, our friends and family dined at the restaurant, LaPerla. (Which we regularly visit and have never been disappointed.) Wow! Our guests were impressed with the excellent meals ... from seafood to steak, each entree was prepared to order and was absolutely delicious. The owners, Annamarie and Alfonso, were accommodating, friendly and took care of our party like family. We are definitely committed to regular dining there and our family can't wait to return to the area -- for a promised return to LaPerla! If you haven't visited the restaurant yet, Go! Go now -- it's one of our area's hidden gems!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Since we tried their wood fired tomato, basil & mozzarella pizza my husband will not let us go anywhere else! We LOVE it. The restaurant is comfortable and the service is good. It can be a little slow sometimes, but nothing unbearable. We usually just sit at the bar, not at a table. I really enjoy their spaghetti and meatballs too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Gregory House Country Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Thank you sooo much for taking the time and and let us know your experience at our restaurant and most of all for your patience and understanding .
Anna Maria

Been to Gregory House Country Inn? Share your experiences!