“They charge you for Internet” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
RUB5,000 (RUB)
Ranked #61 of 248 Hotels in Moscow
Kyiv
“They charge you for Internet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

In general, the hotel is Ok, but there is one thing: they charge you for Internet! It costs about EUR 14 per day. I hope they earn good money on it, sufficient to cover non-received revenue from the customers who choose a normal hotel with normal practice next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The service at this hotel was shocking with some of the worst staff that i have ever had to endure.
(The staff in the Restaurant were actually very friendly) The reception staff were unfriendly, rude and Dismissive as were the porters and door staff. A smile really does cost nothing, unlike this hotel that is not cheap yet is a total waste of money.
Am not going going to go on and on about this awful hotel, but would urge anyone wishing to stay here to look for somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We certainly apologize for the problems that you experienced. We take these comments very seriously, and I can assure you we will be taking steps to make sure all units are working to optimum efficiency – we will follow up on the problems you've pointed out. We appreciate your comments and hope that you will give us another chance to be of service.

Peter I Hotel
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Central to the krelim and all facilities. Easy access to the metro line. food good quality and hotel spotless. Exceeded expectations.Ask and the staff try to accommendate. Food at bar very good value when compared to the surrounding area. Relaxing lounge to use in the evening.

Room Tip: Stayed on 4th floor - no view but still excellent - roomy and extremely clean . Good security
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ksenia M, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay with us at the Peter I Hotel and for posting your feedback.
We were very happy to read that you enjoyed every minute of your time spent with us and that our colleagues looked after you well.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Peter I Hotel soon.

Best Regards,
Ksenia Marshavina, PR manager.
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is its location, not far from Red Square, the Kremlin, Bolshoi theatre etc. We were allocated a room next to a room used by cleaning staff. There was so much noise we complained and were promptly moved to another quieter room. The breakfast buffet is included - we have had better. We ate in the restaurant once for dinner, which was all right.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear guest,
We really appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. Our staff work hard each day to make sure our guests are well taken care of. We value and appreciate that you have chosen our hotel, and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Yours sincerely
Svetlana Khardikova
Head of Marketing and advertising department
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Ok, the good bits. It's central, short walk everywhere. and the furnishings in my room were fine. The bed was comfortable. I was at the back/side if the hotel, it was quiet. The room was clean. All good so far. Them's the highlights.

The bad bits. The reception and staff in general don't speak English as well as the website suggests. WIFI costs circa £10 an hour if you want it in your room! That's half of the fee I pay a month at home!

Turning to the issues which arose! First, yes it was cold outside, but the temperature in my room was a constant 25 degrees. Too uncomfortable to sleep. So, i tried the cool air thermostat in my room. It didn't work. I rang reception. They had no idea what I was saying. End of conversation. It was boiling.....

Secondly, English TV is limited to CNN, BBC, so heeding this, I brought 6 DVDs with me, so after dinner I could watch a film on the laptop and relax. I am leaving with 5 DVDs. The other was obviously mislaid.

Thirdly, Maid came in twice, once without knocking, straight past the DO NOT DISTURB sign. Having flown from New York to London to Moscow in 36 hours, I just wanted to sleep. No chance!

Pricing - dear. Let's look at the bill. One sandwich with fries, slice of cheesecake and two glasses of plonk £37. So, if you're thinking that Moscow is cheap, think again. Travel is at 28 roubles for anywhere on the metro, but the hotel is very, very expensive. People say London is dear, but having been to London, New York, Delhi, Perth, Copenhagen, Dubai etc in the last 10 weeks, this hotel is way up there on price.

Would I stay here again? I doubt it. Would I recommend it? No. There are other Hotels locally that are getting better reviews.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Ksenia M, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I certainly apologize for the problems that you experienced. We take these comments very seriously, and I can assure you we will be taking steps to make sure all units are working to optimum efficiency – we will follow up on the problems you've pointed out. We appreciate your comments, and hope that you will give us another chance to be of service.

Best Regards,
Ksenia Marshavina, PR manager.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel is nicely furnished and the staff are very helpful. My room was comfortable and it is a short walk to the Red Square, Kremlin and shopping centre.

It's rather pricey, but so are all Moscow hotels. In fact, Moscow is just one big cash removal zone, you can't really do it on a budget. I found it value for money, considering the location and in comparison to other hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Svetlana K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Eliot,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor following your recent stay in Moscow!
We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, the location and its services and hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon!

Yours sincerely,
Peter I Hotel
Padova
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The hotel has a very good location near Kremlin and Bolshoi theatre in a very nice building. Unfortunately interiors are quite old and sometimes in awful conditions. For example Moquette floor had holes in the room. Organization of hotel and its Management seems also to be old, starting from staff attitude. However prices are not high and rooms are enough big and comfortable.
I would recommend it for trips with a low budget and with no high expectations. Definitely this is not a five star hotel, but a good one.

Room Tip: It would be better to check conditions of interiors. Our room had holes in the moquette!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ksenia M, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Euram,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Peter I Hotel for your Moscow stay.

Thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback - it is very important to us.

We are really sorry that you found our organization of hotel and management old.

We are constantly training our staff to provide great service for our guests.

Your comment is very important to us and we do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Peter I Hotel and making your stay most enjoyable.

With best regards,
Marshavina Ksenia, PR manager.

Been to Peter I? Share your experiences!