“Good hotel in good location!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #35 of 246 hotels in Moscow
Haifa, Israel
“Good hotel in good location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Very Good hotel.
Located in a nice neighborhood, before I arrived I was worry about the distance from the Яed - Square, but when I woke up to the beautiful view of the huge park situated under the hotel and the look of Moscow from above I found out I was was worried for nothing - the Metro station just across the road and the efficient train of Moscow took me quickly to the heart of Moscow.

Two issues arose during my stay
1. The pool was closed for maintenance -with no notice in the web site.
2. I made reservation for Executive type room knowing from my experience it allow me enter to the lounge - apparently it's not...
- I wrote right away complain to Holiday-inn europe and day later I discovered fruit basket and an apology letter from Mr. Andrei Podkopaev which invite us to breakfast in the lounge for the whole stay (!!!)
:-)

some tips to other tourists
1. Do not be afraid because of differences in language and enter to the local shops in Sokolniki neighborhood it cheaper than the shopping centers near the Kremlin.
2. Buy Metro ticket loaded with some rides - you don't want to stand in the line every time you take the metro.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the park
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

432 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Royersford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have been coming to Moscow on business since 2010 around about the same time in April and even though I would normally stay in another hotel that I was very happy with, however, this time the Conference was held at the Holiday Inn and it has surely been a diasppointing experience. While, the services, in general are good, however, the response to simple requests can be very discouraging, for instance, no one could direct us to a restaurant in the area. When my workmakes and I got some directions to some specific restaruant - the directions were wrong and Holiday Inn doesn't even keep a simple listing of area restaurants, either by design or by mere incompetence.

Then came my biggest issue with this Hotel - they apparently know that they have issues with American Express since they appear under "RETAIL" and hence causing issues for clients but they don't seem to care about it and utterly unacceptable. Would nver come back to this chain in Moscow

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Andrei P, Hotel Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Sokolniki, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate your feedback and the time you have spent writing it. We are constantly working on improving our level of service. We would be grateful if you could send us more detailed information regarding this particular case to sales.hisokolniki@ihg.com, attention to Andrei Podkopaev. We truly hope you could give us yet another chance to prove that staying at Holiday Inn Moscow Sokolniki could be a great experience.

With Kind Regards,

Andrei Podkopaev
Hotel Operations Manager
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I am staying in this hotel now. I usually stay at other places in Moscow, but this time we have a conference in Holiday Inn, so I decided to try to stay here.

The temperature in my room is 23 Celsius, and I cannot get it any lower. I feel very uncomfortable, I like 18-19. Complained to a gentleman at the reception, he said that 23 is the lowest temperature I can get at this time. I asked him to open the balcony door in my room (it is locked), and he replied that they cannot do it. He offered to move me to other room tomorrow, where a window can be opened, but for today he had no suggestions for me.

The water pressure is very low, water temperature is switching frequently by itself, so you have to be careful while taking a shower.

I am paying around $E300 per night for this hotel, and I think I should be able to regulate temperature so I feel comfortable and can sleep well during the night.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Andrei P, Hotel Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Sokolniki, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear guest,
We are very grateful for your critical comment and we will do our best to avoid such situations in the future. We have had a special training for the reception regarding the restrictor installations and how to act in similar situations. If you are still staying at the hotel please contact the front desk or hotel management. We would be happy to make sure the restrictor is installed and the rest of your stay is pleasant. We also hope that the next time you are in Moscow, you stay at our hotel to let us prove that we take each complaint seriously and work to serve our guests in the best possible way.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is a great hotel to stay at. This was our first time to Russia so we booked something we knew. The front desk staff speak great english and are very friendly. The room was spacious with a good sized bathroom on the 14th floor. Plenty of elevators so never waited more than a minute despite the fact the hotel was very busy. The location of the hotel is great ; across the street is the metro station (6 stops 15mins to Red Square station with no changes). On the downside, the hotel is very expensive including room service , restaurant , bar/grill and cafe. Eat in the bar twice , good food but £15/$22 each for a burger,fries and beer is pricy. Next to the Hotel is a shopping area that has a range of restaurants including a noodle bar where a simple meat with noodles meal and beer cost around £17/$28 for TWO. Also across the parking lot is a mcDonalds if you want a quick meal. Interestingly it had a "McCafe" section that did teas/coffee cakes,pasteries etc; we used it twice , very good and quite reasonably priced.
Also across the street from the hotel is a supermarket in a shopping center. Excellent range of food etc , a couple of times we bought ham/cheese/bread etc and had a 'picnic' in the hotel room.

If you are looking for a hassle-free , clean and tidy place to stay then this is a great place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

The hotel is well positioned if you ise the subway, subway stop is in front of the Hotel (Sokolniki stop) and it's only 5 subway stop if you come from Domodedovo airport and you took the train to reach Moscow (about RUB 320). The area is quite close to the city centre, just 6 subway stops and it's quiet and quite safe, which is important in Moscow. The hotel looks quite good considering it's an Holiday Inn. The lobby is clean but nothing special, 6 elevators and 18 floors. People at the desk is kind and cheerful and they speak English quite well. I got an Executive Suite being Platinum Priority Member. The room was clean, 2 bathrooms, one huge living room, one bed room and 2 plasma dispays. The furniture were medium-low level but in a good conditions. Breakfast was quite good and with different choices and acceptable from the quality point of view, it's difficult to have good quality food in Russia. The hotel is safe and there is vigilance people inside and outside and you need to put the card inside the elevator to reach your floor. It's very difficult to find a good quality/price hotel in Moscow, everything is very expensive, from food to hotels. I paid Euro 225,00/night including breakfast and taxes for an Holiday Inn, the average price is Europe is 40% cheaper for this network but this is Russia. This hotel would not be my first choice in Moscow if I can choose.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Sokolniki, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Rosp,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am happy you found our hotels cleanliness and service pleasing. That is why it is troubling to hear you will not be returning. I apologize for any shortcomings. We find our room rates are quite comparable to other hotels of the same level in this area. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Roscoe, IL, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

I travel the world and I'm tired of bad hotels. This Holiday Inn would just be a clean, average hotel in the US but for Moscow it's great. It's new, it's clean, it has restaurants and markets nearby, good beds, good water, good WiFi, quiet rooms, non-smoking rooms, and it's reasonably priced.

• Stayed March 2012
shfaram
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

nice ; clean ; big hotel . very good breakfast.
helpful staff ; very polite ; educated ..... etc.
the dinner was terrible !!!

Room Tip: upper rooms it's butter ; you never hear noice
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Moscow Sokolniki? Share your experiences!