“Very modern styling & good location” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Malaya Dmitrovka St., 11, Moscow 127006, Russia   |
Ranked #71 of 249 Hotels in Moscow
4.0 of 5 stars 670 Reviews
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Very modern styling & good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The hotel was very modern and the room was spacious and comfortable.
Great location, about 15mins walk to the Kremlin or 2 tube stations about 2 mins walk at either end of the street. Quite a few restaurants on Pushkin Sq too.
The staff were also helpful and friendly and spoke great English (don't take this for granted in Russia!).
The restaurant prices were very expensive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful stay and great location for our first trip to Moscow. Warm, helpful staff, and great breakfasts to help you start your day. Starbucks on Tverskaya just around the block. Usual assortment of interesting characters at the very fun and informal bar. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Belgrade
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just came back from Moscow - totally impressed! Stayed at the golden apple for three days, 2 nights. My room was half a soccer field! They called it the Loft suite. It was more like a family suite, with two bedrooms and a small kitchen, and it was great. Breakfast was expensive but there was so much to choose from.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

We have just stayed here for 4 nights to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary . The hotel presented us with a bottle of champagne and a plate of strawberries . Hotel is near main road to red square and kremlin . Near the metro but is also quiet which is a blessing when you see crazy Moscow roads . Rooms not huge but who cares , we were busy out sight seeing . Bed comfy and pillows ok . Clean room and friendly english speaking staff, would happily stay again

• Stayed September 2012
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in July 2012, it was my second time at this hotel since 2010 and I will never book it again. The rooms and customer service level have gone down drastically since my last stay. They have not invested anything in the rooms, but raised their rates. Furniture is worn-out, same out-dated box TVs.. At check-in I was offered an "upgraded" room. that appeared to be smaller than standard with a construction site view out of the window. I refused to take it, so they gave a standard, in fact better and bigger room that I actually booked. I took that room, but when later got in the bathroom I found pubic hair all over the bathtub and on the floor mat (about 10 in total!). The bathtub had brown stain on the the sides, that I ended up cleaning myself with toilet paper, avoiding another move to an "upgraded" room. Tried to complain to the general Manager, Maxim Golovach, but he never was on site. After communicating back and forth with the hotel management my complaint was dismissed as a lie - according to them the room was in perfect condition and all I described could not be true because of the hotel's sophisticated 3-level quality control system... So my advice - STAY AWAY from this place, it's not worth your nerves! You can find a 4-5* hotel in Moscow at a better price with much better rooms and customer service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_GoldenApple, General Manager at Golden Apple Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Serge A,
I appreciate the time you spent to write this review and I believe my comments would be of interest to everyone here on Tripadvisor.
Let me put things clear. As a Tripadvisor listed hotel we fully support the policy of zero tolerance to fake reviews. That means we do not pay or offer incentives for positive reviews as well as we never pay or give incentives for not posting fake bad reviews. Of course, reviewers are free to post whatever opinion they feel appropriate, but there’s common consent that this must be done responsibly. One can’t just stay in a hotel and at check out groundlessly declare “either you pay me or I’ll ruin your reputation by posting awful reviews”. That’s called racket, isn’t it? And unfortunately that was exactly the case here.
The perfect condition of the room was not only registered by hotel systems but also confirmed by yourself to the staff member who showed you the room. Also we didn’t have any complaints from you during your whole stay before we rejected your request to pay for not posting fake negative review. As I said in our previous communication it’s natural for hotels to compensate for guests’ inconvenience if it really occurred and I would be the first to initiate such compensation along with apologies. But no hotel would accept accusation of or pay for something that never actually happened based on a guest’s threat to post a negative review. I could easily prove that every single word of this review is completely untrue but I don’t really think this review is worth detailed dissection, taking into account that its only reason is the fact that we rejected to pay for “saving our reputation”. Anyway, for those who can read carefully and cares to take a look at other reviews about Golden Apple it’s easy to see that this review is an obvious fake. I hope it’s going to be taken down as inappropriate but I felt the comments were still needed.
Regards,
Maxim Golovatch
Berlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel is a really good one, and the room rates are very reasonable. The hotels is very helpful in all ways, they helped with visa confirmations and airport pick-up prior to arrival, and did their best when we were there. The room was a little bit smaller then we expected, but all in all it was absolutely fine for a three-days' stay.

New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Not comfy, not friendly

As hotel options in Moscow continue to grow, and the choices available for $350-400 (gulp) hotel rooms in central Moscow continue expand, hotels will need to single themselves out in some ways to attract clientele. The Golden Apple lacks that something, and given the many other choices available, I would not stay there again. As a traveler to Russia for 20 years, I have seen a lot change, but continue to be surprised that one thing remains the same –the attitudes of the hotel staff. The floor ladies may be a thing of the past, but they have been replaced with sullen 20-somethings at the reception desks of many hotels in Russia. On entering the Golden Apple, we were greeted by a typical unfriendly 20-something year old woman who thrust papers in front of us demanding our signature in three places indemnifying the hotel if we destroyed anything in the room! What a lovely welcome. When I approached the desk to say that we were checking out, an equally ill-tempered 20 something year old young man scowled at me and barked – “have you used anything from the minibar since yesterday?” I replied no. He took my key and turned around to do something else, and we left. No “did you enjoy your stay with us” or “travel safely.” I honestly don’t understand how hotel proprietors allow this attitude to prevail in so many (though not all) hotels in Russia. The hotel also is not comfortable. The lobby is absolutely tiny, dominated by a large column, and has no place to sit comfortably. As the lobby is so small the smoking area dominates,. It was usually occupied, meaning the lobby was smokey. The rooms are very small, and the decor and room are not comfortable. The renovation was clearly done quickly and cheaply. There are no double windows – the Golden Apple is the first hotel I’ve stayed in in Russia without them – so the noise of the Moscow street enters your room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GR_GoldenApple, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Apple Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to bring these matters to our attention.

First of all we would like to apologize for our service that seemed to you unfriendly. We are proud to be recognized as 5 star hotel and friendly service has always been our strongest point as noted by all our guests. That’s why we would appreciate if you could contact us and give more details on the issues you mentioned in your review. Definitely we will have additional training for the staff as well.

Please let me clarify the “3 signatures” issue. Unfortunately hotel check–in procedure requires three signatures on the guest registration card in any hotel in Russia due to the new Privacy Law. By signing you give your consent to the processing of your personal data which is necessary to register you in Russia. These procedures are for personal data safety and security and this also confirms that we follow very strict procedures to keep your data confidential.

The interior style used in the Golden Apple Boutique Hotel is called contemporary minimalism and most of our guests find it very attractive. However we do realize that style/design is a matter of personal taste, therefore we are sorry that you didn’t find it suitable for you.

Let me once more apologize that we didn’t meet your expectations. We would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services, hopefully you will choose to stay with us again and we are confident that your next stay will be pleasurable in every respect.
Sincerely yours,
Yulia Ostapenko,
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Golden Apple Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!