“Clean and Safe Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peking Hotel

You added Peking Hotel to your Saves list
Peking Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bolshaya Sadovaya St., 5, Moscow 123001, Russia (Presnensky)   |
Ranked #104 of 261 Hotels in Moscow
Gaziantep, Turkey
“Clean and Safe Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hotel is very expensive but I guess its moscow standards. Security id good noone can get pass to security. Stay this hotel if you are on business trip its very clean rooms but stuff needs to smile more. If you are going moscow for tourism and to have fun I would choose diffrent hotel. Its at the city center but its little far to tourism places like Arbat and red square. I walked these places and took me 40 min to Arbat and 50 min to Red square. At overall its nice and beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed at the grand suit it was perfect I can say anything about regular rooms. Ask for city view...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hotel is clean and located in center town and very close to the train station. Our room was spacious but that is. We visited this hotel on the 19th of August

It is not my best experience and not my worst. .Very normal stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had to do a last minute booking to come on a business trip to Moscow, so I couldn't be too choosy, with Moscow being very busy. So after a lengthy search on Booking.com I ended up with the Peking Hotel, because all my usual hotels were fully booked.
At the end of the day, what it comes down too is value for money. If you pay 60€ for a night at a hotel, then you don't expect as much as when you pay 300€. And for the hotel it's all about supply and demand. So when I had to pay just under 300€ per night at this hotel, I was really disappointed. The hotel is old, hasn't been refurbished in a long while, rooms look stale and have hardly any facilities a normal businessman needs on his trip. The internet was free, but so slow it was hardly usable in the rooms. In the lobby it was a bit better. Beds were old, bathrooms were old, ... You get my drift. Again going to the value for money. If I had paid less then a 100€ for a night at this hotel, my idea about the hotel would be the same, but I wouldn't feel totally ransacked.
What the hotel does by applying this supply-demand rule, they created a customer that would never ever want to return to that hotel again, because not only the experience was bad, I also feel like being conned. I just hope for their economic model it makes sense to do this to their customers.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

It was the worst experience I had ever had with the hotels and I traveled for 20+ years all over the world. I would have given them minus 1 star if there was a rating of this kind. I had arrived to the hotel before 10 in the morning and I notified the front desk numerous times about my time frame. Ok, they did not have any available rooms at this hour, I understand. I had to attend a business meeting and told the front desk that I would be back in about 3 hours. They assured me that they will take care of everything. Well, I came back to the hotel at 3:15 in the afternoon, absolutely exhausted after flying 12 hours and conducting the business. What did I hear from the staff? No clean room yet ... and I was forced to wait. By 4 o'clock I finally got my key (no help with the baggage). Room at last...... after this indifferent service downstairs I entered a "shoe box", because that exactly what it was. No apologies from the staff for making me wait for so long, no complimentary of any shape. Why did I not complain? I was too exausted. Next early morning I had another business to conduct... and by the time I was back, I had no strehgth to complain either and I left the following morning. I traveled all over the world and stayed in all kinds of hotels, Peking was the worst out of all of them. Staff is not trained for customer service at all. Too bad, I could have stayed there my next trip. And Peking used to be a very prestige hotel during USSR. What happened?????

Room Tip: Do not stay at Peking hotel ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
raanana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excellent hotel, located next to one of the most beautiful metro stations in Moscow. Spacious clean rooms and very friendly staff. moderate prices. great location. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Bad points:
1. No one helps with the luggage so make sure you can manage to the room
2. Too many security guards but not for the hotel just for the businesses located there
3. Lobby is awful and not traveller friendly
1. location is very good
2. metro is close by so one can travel easily
3. Superior room has a new air con which is important
4. room is clean

Room Tip: Definitely choose at least superior room
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The plus: Very spacious room, excellent front desk staff - very helpful and witty,rooms are serviced well every day, decent breakfast options, ( more fruit would be welcome). The location is excellent - 100 mtrs from the Metro, a long walking distance from red square, plenty of restaurants of all budgets in the vicinity. The Time oUt bar at the rooftop has a great view.
Can't find too many minuses - needed a Tea/ coffee maker in the room.
Will stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the main road will be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Peking Hotel? Share your experiences!