“Not the first time here...always the same” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre

You added Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Krasnopresnenskaya Embankment, 12 | World Trade Center, Moscow 123610, Russia (Formerly Mezhdunarodnay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #36 of 248 Hotels in Moscow
Milano
“Not the first time here...always the same”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I came in this hotel many times in the last three years. Advantages are good location (5 min always from Novi Arbat), good restaurants very in front of the hotel, including one of the best night club in Moscow. Pirce is nornal for a 4 stars hotel in Moscow but expensive for the European standards (around 230 Euro/night including breakfast and taxes). Rooms are quite small and nothing special, but clean. Lobby is nice and inside the hotel there are several places where to drink and/or eat something. Service is normal, breakfast a bit better in term of quality than in the past but still very expensive (almost Euro 30). If you do not want to walk 15 min to reach the metro, taxi are quite expensive in Moscow and most of times they ask you unreasonable amount of money for night transportation through the city. If you land to Domodedove airport it takes 50 min by rail to come to Pavelevskaya stop, than 15 min by metro to arrive to Ulitza 1905 Goda which is your stop. In 20 min walking you can reach the hotel. I use to come to this hotel only when I work, otherwise I would book in alternative hotels positiones on the circle line.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TsDen, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Rosp,
Many thanks for your candid comments. We appreciate your loyalty and would like to kindly recommend you to try our club rooms with spacious interiors and enhanced services, including unlimited free access to Club lounge where you can enjoy breakfast and snacks during the day. Thanks again for your time to leave a review. We would be glad to welcome you again during your next business trip to Moscow. Regards, Denis Tseitlin Deputy Director of Sales and Marketing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip- the rooms are nice and modern although on the small side. Service was good overall, clean, good restaurants- though expensive, nice pool. The nearest metro is about a brisk 15 minute walk- I mainly used the one at the nearby shopping mall.I recommend the metro to get around the city- traffic is awful and will take you twice as long to get anywhere. The concierge helped me understand how to get where I wanted to go using the metro- although it is in cyrilic- I photographed the names of the stations to help me find my way. The mall also has nice restaurants and a food court if you want an alternative to the hotel restaurants. The breakfast is very good- make sure to buy a hotel package that includes it and save.

Room Tip: My room was on the 5th floor facing the river- It was modern and had a great view. I heard that the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Desirob,

Thank you for taking your time and posting a review concerning your experience at Crowne Plaza Moscow WTC hotel.
It was a pleasure to know that you found the hotel, your room, our services and facilities as convenient regarding your preferences.
Please take a kind notice that there is a shuttle bus leaving at entrance number 7 that could shortly take you to the nearest metro station Ulitsa 1905 Goda.
It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel during your next visit to Moscow.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The problem with Tripadvisor is that there is no way to rate a hotel in between 3 and 4 stars (or 4 and 5 stars for that matter). This hotel is a clear 3.5 but I am forced to choose between the "stars" (points). Having said that I will briefly list the good, the bad and the ugly, although this list is not exhaustive by no means. The good is probably the quality of the food in the cafetaria, I had some very good Russian dishes. Also good is the quality of the bed and the internet, which was acceptably fast. The bad consists of a very small bathroom, paying for movies, bureaucratic elevators (use cards for going up but also for going down) and the overall size of the room. The ugly is won hands down by the gym with pool and sauna. While the gym has most of the basic necessities it is certainly in very dire need of a decent upgrade. The same goes for the changing rooms, the pool and the sauna and the lobby in between them. Apart from this, its location is super-awkward, adjacent to the lobby. This should easily be possible given the amount of money that the hotel charges for its rooms, even though I understand that these are relatively modest prices for Moscow standards. All in all the hotel is in between average and good, and so to give the benefit of the doubt I rate this a four point.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear PopeyeCalifornia,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review concerning your stay with us.
It was great to know you found your bed as comfortable and I am happy you took advantage of our free Internet access
Please take a kind notice that our guests’ safety is of top priority for us and that is why we implemented the system when guests can use the elevators only when possessing a room key
Please also note that Atlantis fitness club is not operated by Crowne Plaza Moscow WTC management but by its own administration. But we would definitely pass your comments to the owners of Atlantis.
We would be happy to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Moscow WTC hotel during your next visit to Moscow.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip working in our office is in the World Trade Center complex connected to this hotel. This is a nice hotel with good security. The view across the Moskva River is very nice. It is also an nice walk (about 1.5 miles) across the nearest bridge to the river boat cruise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear 80daysayear,

It was great to know you found the hotel and its services as lovely regarding your preferences.

Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Long weekend during the election of Miss Universe, but we had nothing to see with it, we just happened to be there. The hotel was very crowded and messy, noisy people everywhere at every time of day and (unfortunately) night. The election party lasted ALL NIGHT LONG and we could not sleep at all, the hotel bar and lobby was taken all over and even if our room was on the 7th floor, the noise came all the way up. Also, no soundproof room windows: the heavy traffic of Moscow can always be well heard, too.
We must admit that the place is very nice and the staff does what they can to be helpful, maybe they should be trained a little bit more, as they are all very young.
Free Wifi internet is largely advertised but not working properly, probably because the place is really big, actually it only works in the lobby area and it's very difficult to get it in the rooms, unless you rent a mobile modem at the reception, and you pay for it....
The restaurant is quite nice, breakfast buffet offers an excellent selection of everything (at an extra cost of about 30 US$, if you don't have a BB accomodation...) and dinner is elegant and well taken care of.
The location is not that good: walking distance to the Red Square is about 1Hr and the closest metro station is over 20 min. away, so if you don't have a car, you MUST take a taxi....
We did not like this stay, next time we want to try another hotel, maybe we are luckier....

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor....maybe you will sleep...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear aniska,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. it is really nice to know that you liked our breakfast selection. However, my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over some of the issues you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Heysham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ok, so 2nd time I have stayed here. After long journey and arriving at 11pm ish, I was met with the rudiest woman you will ever meet. My Russian friend who was with me said that in Russian she was being particularly rude. We then had a gentlemen help us, after explaining that my boss was paying on company card, they still took my personal bank card to which money was taken. 9 days later the money is still allocated in my account but not sure when I will get it back. Hotel not responding and money gas been taken. Please could someone advise? My room was fully paid up by my boss so not sure why you still have my money.
Have to say that hotel is clean, Chinese rest is excellent. The bar at the top is just plain wierd, the staff at the main bar, two excellent bar maids with blonde hair are very helpful and cheerful, one with brown hair hAs a bad attitude.
Overall hotel fine let down by the people, bar two.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
VictoriaMorozova, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Peter H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.
We value your comments as they allow us to improve our service. I was really disappointed to learn about the negative experience you had at the reception desk. I would like to assure you that such level of service is not typical for our hotel. We always train our team members to do their best to provide our guests with comfortable and hassle free stay. We would definitely discuss this issue during our department meeting and conduct additional trainings for the team members in order to avoid such situations in the future.
Concerning your comment about credit card please be kindly informed that according to our records the deposit authorization on your card was unblocked and now it depends on your bank how soon will is back to your card.
I would like to bring my apologies one more time. I really hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and provide you with the service you would expect from Crowne Plaza.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

The good: the location is pretty good. The food (except for the breakfast buffet which is average at best) is pleasant and, with certain items, very good. The rooms are large and sunny and the bathrooms are well planned. The housekeeping is excellent.

The bad:

The beds are uncomfortable and the sheets and pillows unpleasantly hard and rough.

The internet service is terrible and you have to constant re-enter the pass codes. In the late afternoons, the internet sometimes doesn't work at all it's that slow.

But the single worst aspect of the Crowne Plaza is the service. Surly, gruff, indifferent, unhelpful, poorly trained. From reception to the restaurant to security at the front door. It's almost comical except the humor wears very thin, very fast.

For example... I needed the hems of a pair of trousers shortened. It took four days. I was told there wasn't a tailor and that they couldn't find one to being directed to a company that make bespoke custom suits to being told that in the history of the hotel no guest has ever asked for a tailor. Finally I asked to speak with the manager who told me housekeeping could easily do it. Unbelievably frustrating to have to go through a manager to get a straight answer for something so simple.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear David w,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.
It is pleasant to know that you enjoyed your room and amenities provided. We will convey your comment to our housekeeping staff as it is always great to hear such warm comments from our guests.
Please kindly note that all the bedding is provided in according with high Brand Standards of Crowne Plaza.
Concerning you comment about Wi-Fi connection please kindly note that we are constantly working on improving the WiFi services. In case you experience problems with Internet connection we welcome you to use internet café near the reception desk with free Internet access otherwise you could rent a Wi-Fi To Go device at an additional charge.
I was really disappointed to find out about a negative impression you had from service provided. I would like to bring my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding you have faced. Please be sure this issue was discussed on the department meeting and we will do our best to avoid such situations in future.
I sincerely hope to have another opportunity to welcome you as our guest in future and shoe you how great our hotel is!

Senior Marketing Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre? Share your experiences!