“More than your average 5 Star” 5 of 5 stars

Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #23 of 261 Hotels in Moscow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“More than your average 5 Star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Moscow is one of those places that struggles for good quality business hotels at reasonable prices (for Russia)! There are either stupidly expensive luxury 5 Star hotels with no charm and little 'real' service. Or cheaper Russian 4 Star hotels with even worse service standards and little charm. So the Hitlon is a breath of fresh air in this limited market. Although the location is not one of the best, it is still very accessible and relatively centrally located. But the 'real' benefit comes from the welcome you get and the service provided - unique for Moscow. They seem to really care,always smile and have a bit of charm about them. The rooms are large and very well appointed. The buffet breakfast is good, with lots of options to choose from. Even better if you are an Executive member, as they have a dedicated Executive lounge with lovely staff.

I have been to Moscow many times on business and stayed in several different hotels but this for me is one of the best value for money hotels with all the service and amenities you would expect from a genuine 5 Star hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Beginen, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear jdmLondon,

Thank you very much for your nice review!

We are very glad to hear that your experience at the hotel was up to your expectations and we succeeded in making your stay enjoyable.

It will be a great pleasure to welcome you again at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya!

Joerg Beginen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

The hotel was a friendly oasis in teh middle of crazy Moscow. The neighbourhood where it is very busy, but once you enter the hotel you feel relaxed and absolutely safe. It´s quite far to walk to the main attractions, but if you leave early in the morning by taxi (around 7'30 am) you can avoid busy traffic, and you´ll be in the centre in just 15 minutes, or use the metro that is right there at the raiway station just 8-10 minutes away.

Dear tony g,

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya on your trip to Moscow and taking the time to share your experience!

We hope to see you as our guest again soon!

Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Before I booked the hotel I did not know which hotel I should choose in Moscow. I had first another hotel but because I became a Hilton Gold member, I choose for the Hilton right away.

I emailed a few days before my stay with Ms. Ekaterina from the Hilton Moscow transportation desk to arrange an airport pick up from SVO airport.

Our flight landed at 17:00 , the flight was a bit early but at 17:05 we were outside of customs and had already our luggage but no driver to see in the arrival hall. I was now already waiting for about 30 minutes. On the email the hotel send me in advance, they told me that in case I could not find the diver I had to go to the Marriott help desk but unfortunately I could not find it so I called the hotel. The lady at the phone was very friendly and apologized for the delay. 10 minutes later the driver arrived at the arrival hall.

The car was not parked far away even though the driver did not help us with our luggage. The car was a clean Ford Mondeo. The driver did not speak with us except for asking if we wanted to go to the Hilton. The driver was quit aggressive in his driving and took all small roads he could find so we arrived after a 50 minutes drive at the hotel.

When we got out the driver helped us with our luggage but nobody of the hotel helped us with our luggage or with opening the doors for us. This was not a very good first impression.

There were no guests at check in so we went to Ms. Irina. There were two ladies with the same name next to each other but we were checked in by Ms. Irina who was the Front Office leader. Ms. Irina was very friendly and explained us everything we needed to hear. The check in took a few minutes but as Gold members we got access to the Club lounge on the 6th floor but our room was on the 15th floor so I do not thing it was a clubroom. We also received free Internet as Gold members in our room.

Nobody helped us with our luggage to our room but because the elevators are a few steps high, there was an easy access for luggage. It took a while before the elevators arrived. Our room was room 1508 on the 15th floor.

We entered the room and the room looked spacious for Moscow style and was luckily a non-smoking room. Our room had a view on the square in front of the hotel with some train stations.

To the left in our room we had a bathroom with a shower, toiler, sink and some bath products. But surprisingly, the shampoo was already used. There was no bath but it was not necessary. There were two twin beds and in the middle of it a little table with two reading lights on it. Unfortunately none of these two were working at all. There was a big TV and a desk.

A few things bothered me at first sight when entering the room. First of all the windows were not clean, the shampoo was already used, we had no bathrobes at all and there was no welcome drink or even not a small complementary bottle of water. Also after using the shower, we could notice that it leaks.

The view however was very nice but there was some noise of the trams and cars, even from the 15th floor.

It was a bit for 20:00 so we decided to have a drink at the lounge on the 6th floor. Ms. Svetlana welcomed us and asked for our room number. The lounge was self-service and till 20:00 there were evening snacks with an open bar with spirits. The lounge is open every day from 07:00 till 23:00. Breakfast is till 10:30. Then from 15:00 till 18:00 Teatime and from 18:00 till 20:00 or 20:30 evening snacks and drinks.

The lounge had a beautiful décor and was from a high quality service and quality of drinks and snacks. It was also filled regularly.

Actually before we sat down properly and had a drink it was already after 20:00 so we were hungry and decided to have diner in the hotels restaurant n the ground floor, Janus. There was no reservation needed because it was weekend and it was not busy at all.

When we entered by some staff members and lead to our table. The restaurant had also a beautiful décor and staff was friendly. We received our menu from our waitress, Ms. Elena. She ordered our drinks and our food. We ordered the beef Carpaccio and as main course a pizza and a penne arrabiata. Our Carpaccio was at our table very quickly and during we ate and drunk a bit, our glasses were filled constantly by a staff member and she asked if the food was good. Sometimes it was a bit too much because they were always looking at our fingers. The Carpaccio was very good and was nicely made.

The main courses came quickly after my Carpaccio was eaten. I am a penne arrabiata fan but it was the most spicy I ever had in my life. There was a big red pepper in the middle of my plate and the plate was full of red peppers. It was food and the portion was also good but a bit too spicy.

We were gone within the hour and went to the concierge for arranging a tour for the next day. The concierge, Ms. Tatiana was extremely friendly and had a very good English vocabulary for a Russian speaking person. As we were only in Moscow for a few days we opted for a private guide. Ms. Tatiana called to some guides and she would come to us in the club lounge.

After 10 minutes she came back and told us our guide will be at the hotel the next morning at 10:00. We booked also a circus ticket via the concierge and the next day we could pick it up at her desk after 15:00. She took the time in the lounge for explaining to all our questions and she was very friendly and extremely helpful, one of the best I ever saw.

We slept well and the wake up call was on time. Even though we asked for a newspaper we never got one. We had breakfast downstairs at the Janus restaurant as there is more choice there than in the club lounge. We were greeted and brought to a table. We got freshly juiced orange juice and ordered some hot drinks. Pavel who worked in the restaurant was very friendly and helpful. The quality of food and drinks were very good but some things were quickly empty and they refilled it only after a while. Service was good even however some staff members were slow and did not speak English how it should be.

We were a bit late with our guide but she greeted us together with Ms. Tatiana and we walked a whole day with her. She took us through the metro, helped us with numerous things, guided us through museums and many other things. We were very happy with our guide and with Ms. Tatiana.

After our tour we picked up our tickets with the concierge Fedor. Friendly but not as helpful as Ms. Tatiana. Our tickets were ready and we left for the circus.

Next morning again no newspaper and we had breakfast at the main restaurant. Quality was again good and service too this time. However the orange juice did not seem to be freshly juiced anymore and that was true because they filled the cans with not tasty juice from plastic bottles.

I took the elevator to the lounge and was in the lift with Dmtriy from security and he did not say anything not even hello. He was surely not friendly. In the lounge I asked for a late check out bit 15:00 was the latest they could do.

I took a look at the pool underground but no one was at the reception greeted us because there was nobody. There was no one in the pool.

I needed some stamps so I asked the Concierge, Alexander for it and he did not have it but we could pay him 50 Rubles and he would post them. He miscalculated so he asked me mater that day for more money.

Later that day we wanted to check out in the lounge but the lady told me it was not possible and that I can only check out downstairs at the reception. It was one of the first lounges were we cannot check in or out.

The hotel is an icon in Moscow and is one of Lenin sister buildings and had a beautiful décor but modern decorated rooms. There are two metro stations in the neighborhood, both 5 minutes walking from the hotel. It is not very difficult to use it but an explanation is welcome for first time visitors.

We so checked out around 16:00 with Ms. Ekaterina and left for the Aeroexpress train as the driver from the hotel was late and a bit dangerous in his driving style last time and the price was not very cheap

Room Tip: Pick a high floor and choose a club room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I´d say this hotel is rated 4 out of 5. I´d rate rooms, breakfast, prices and the atmosphere - 5. My rate for location and service - 4.
Because service lacks professionalism, and the location is inconvenient.

Dear yast,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us; it is a pleasure to hear that it was positive. We are sorry to hear you found that service lacks professionalism, we will take all the necessary measures to improve its level.

As for the location, we are situated near two metro station and railway station, which is very convenient if you plan to travel to St.Petersburg. We are also 5 kilometers away from the Red Square and 20 kilometers from the Sheremetievo airport.

Thank you very much once again. We hope to see you as our guest again!

Brasilia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Got a good deal online. The hotel is very large and modern, but the location spoils everything. Too noisy, public transport everywhere, people all over.
The train station is nearby, convenient location if you want to go to St. Petersburg.
The hotel staff were professional, however the room cleaning lady was scared of me.
My allergy got worse, I don't know if it was the detergent they used or maybe dog hair in the room, I got reactions for both, but in any case either of that is disappointing.
If you have allergies, make sure to mention it before you arrive.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear 19Hola,

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya and sharing your review with us!

We are glad to know you liked the hotel but it is very saddening that your allergy got worse. Please be kindly informed that for room cleaning we use a high quality detergent "Johnson Diversey", which does not contain chlorine.

As for the second point you mentioned, we do have a pet-friendly policy in the hotel but every rooom is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected via special equipment after a pet and its owner leave the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya and sincerely hope that your next stay will be above your expectations!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Cool Hilton property! The hotel is spacios and cozy. Try to get the highest available floor, the higher you'll stay the better view you'll have.

Moscow tip - Try to bargain with the taxi drivers, and don't let the hotel organize your airport pickup - you'll pay triple price. Look up moscow taxi companies in advance, and call them before your flight to organize your pickup. The one called even texed me the confirmation.

Careful! The neighborhood is not safe.

Dear iwillnotgotoschool,

Thank you very much for staying with us while in Moscow and for your review. We very much appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience.

I would like to take this opportunity to share more detailed information on our transportation services. We have a contract with transportation company and the price for transportation services includes insurance as our guests' safety is a top priority for us. Indeed, there are a lot of unlicensed taxis that can be caught in the street and appear to be cheaper but we do not recommend to take them, as they cannot guarantee a high level of service and safety.

We hope to see you again soon in Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya!

Abergavenny, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

The BMI flight to Moscow was excellent and took only 3 hour 20 landing on time at 05:45. Immigration was quiet and we were through quickly. Our luggage was on the belt as we got there and having done our homework we didn't want to take the easy option of having the hotel car pick us up at the airport but to travel on public transport to make the trip more interesting! We bought tickets for the aeroexpress train at a cost of £6.50 each and a 45 minute journey to the centre of Moscow. We then needed to get the Metro to the hotel. We knew which of the 3 lines we needed but it was not obvious how to get to this line, all signs are in the Russian Cyrillic alphabet. A very nice Russian lady spotted we were a little lost and asked in perfect English if she could help. She then pointed us in the direction of a stairs to a lower level 50 yards down the platform. Three stops later we emerged from the metro just 100 yards away from our hotel The Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya (One of Stalin’s Seven Sisters high rise buildings).
We arrived at the Hilton at just after 08:00am and as an HHonors Diamond member on a reward stay check-in offered us early check-in - either a room immediately on the 2nd floor or one in an hour on the executive (6th) floor.
We opted for the executive floor and took the excellent free breakfast in the executive lounge while we waited. I went back to reception after breakfast to collect my room key which was 618 – a corner room with 3 windows.
The room was nicer, with a much warmer feel, than the photos suggested and had a lovely bathroom with bath, shower, washbasin and wc.
The room cleanliness was immaculate for the 2 night stay from the morning and turn-down service.
We decided to walk to Red Square to get a feel for the district which took an hour at a very slow amble. It was not a very pretty walk via Chistye Prude and Kitay gorod but interesting all the same. We then walked through Red Square and around the outside of the Kremlin walking back via Revolution Square past the Bolshoi and Lubyanka back to Chistye Prude and the Hilton.
Afternoon Tea was now being served in the executive lounge so we took that before freshening up for the evening.
On returning to the executive lounge the free alcohol was flowing and soup, hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, cakes and cheeses etc. were excellent.
Unfortunately the executive lounge was closed for the rest of our stay due to the Russian National Unity Holiday. However the hotel made up for this by giving free breakfast in the main restaurant which was even better than the lounge, free coffee and cake all day in the impressive lobby bar (not advertised but we only had to ask) and free hors d’oeurvres and drinks etc in the lobby bar between 6pm and 8:30pm (voucher given at check-in). Before the Executive Lounge closed for the holiday the staff suggested we take whatever drinks etc. we might need for our stay.
The service from the staff in all departments was excellent with a balance of friendliness and efficiency and excellent English spoken by all.
The exchange rate at the hotel’s exchange bureau (48.9 Roubles to the Pound) was the best we had seen both at home prior to travelling (42:1) and at Moscow Banks (47:1).
On our second day we booked the Moscow Free Walking (see separate report). Our plans went astray after this as we had not realized that the Kremlin closes on Thursdays so we went back to the hotel for Tea and a swim etc.
The next morning, our last, we again had the excellent breakfast and on request had our check-out extended until 3pm. We then caught the Metro from Krasnye Vorota to Biblioteka (4 stops) and toured the Armoury at the Kremlin which cost 750 Roubles (£15.00) including cloakroom and audio guide.
After returning to the hotel for coffee and to pack we checked out. We had to query the bill as some charges were made that should not have been but this was quickly resolved and we we were on our way back to the Airport via Metro and Aeroexpress.
My Wife travelled with some trepidation to an unknown destination like Moscow which she had thought might be intimidating but we were both pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the Russian people that we met and the excellent service and facilities at the Hilton. We thoroughly enjoyed our short trip to Moscow and could happily have stayed a few more days.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 6th (Executive Floor) radiate out from the Executive Lounge. Traffic noise was not...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear AlunWatkins,

Thank you very much for your kind review!

We are very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay both in the city and our hotel. I will let all of our team members know of your complimentary words as it is always great to learn that our guests' experinece was positive.

Thank you very much once again. We look forward to welcoming you back at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya!

Joerg Beginen

Been to Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya? Share your experiences!