“Excellent service, perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Metropol Moscow
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Teatralny Proezd, 2, Moscow 109012, Russia   |
Ranked #8 of 246 hotels in Moscow
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Excellent service, perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Metropol hotel in augustus 2013. Centrally located at Red Square, only 200 meters walk. Breakfast is superb in wonderful ambiance, high glass ceiling space like you have never seen. Service at reception desk quick and very helpful. Guest relations is great. Had some small business meetings in the lobby with press, perfect location for such.

Rooms are a bit outdated, especially bathrooms. but the renovations has allready started, floor by floor and should be ready by end next year (2014)
Will be back in october !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Metropol Hotel during your recent stay in Moscow and for taking the time to share your impressions. I greatly appreciate your kind review and will not fail to share it with all our staff members.
Please let me know if you have any special requests for your future stay with us (j.peretrukhina@metmos.ru).
Looking very much forward to welcome you back in October!

Guest Relations Manager

605 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If going to Russia evokes memories of Red Square and the Soviets, there is no better place to place yourself in the middle of your memories than by staying at this large, boxy building in the center of Moscow, within walking distance from the Kremlin, the Bolshoi, and the Moscow River. The lobby is grand in the style czarist Russia, and some of the rooms are decorated in the same style. Other rooms have an odd mix of grand and minimalist decor that could be interpreted as upwardly communist if you can stand the oxymoron. The building is lit up beautifully at night, and you can't beat the location for just getting out the door and experiencing the city. Unable to sleep, my wife and I were able to walk onto Red Square, past a babushka pickled in vodka at its gates. The square was mostly empty save for a disheveled kid soldier guarding Lenin's tomb but more interested in a couple of girls in rather temptress outfits. Our children had a room that had been occupied by Kim Il Sung, the dead North Korean dictator, their room had large wooden doors and was a bit intimidating, not welcoming as most western hotel rooms. The hallways, had the feeling of a central commissariat walkway, large, empty, and imposing.
After our trip we realized our daughter left her swimming suits in the hotel bathroom, Now, this has happened at other hotels in Venice and Paris and, notably, Zagreb, and the hotels made every effort to get those to her back home in the states. We called the Moscow Metropole and received no help and certainly no result. Too bad, since it bills itself as a hotel that caters to clientele that has a certain level of expectations.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room when checking in. Get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.
I apologize for the inconvenience with your daughter's lost swimming suites. I was very surprised and upset that you didn't get any assistance in this matter. Our team members do their best to provide a support to our guests even after their departure. I very much regret that we received your review after almost 4 months after your stay. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly regarding these lost items at j.peretrukhina@metmos.ru.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I booked several nights on a recent visit via Expedia, got a great rate. I was prepared to discover that this meant a broom closet sized room (the hotel is said to have such) but to my utter delight, I was told upon check in that I was being upgraded for no reason.

My room was generously proportioned and incredibly comfortable. Although it faced the main square, the double paned windows assured a pin drop quiet experience of restful nights. The sheets, furniture, Molton Brown toiletries stood in luxurious contrast to the few remaining arcane remnants such as the wall ashtray next to the toilet.

The service was exceptional at every turn. Thoughtful touches, like spare bottles of complementary water and complementary wifi. Housekeeping carefully set aside items they thought I did not mean to discard; folded clothes I left on the floor. I sent out cleaning, not asking for express service but they rushed it back to me nevertheless without additional charge. Employees in general were not just helpful, they seemed content, well humored and proud of their workplace.

The immediate neighborhood is central to everything (if you are a billionaire) by which I mean luxury shopping. One has to walk about 10 minutes to find a small grocery store or decent coffee shop, although there are two restaurants adjacent to the hotel serving decent burgers and Italian food.

As cliche as this sounds, I could not help myself from ordering Chicken Kiev off the room service menu. It was exquisite and worth every bloody cholesterol filled calorie it contained!

Moscow is a very expensive city, so as I mentioned I was wary that I got such a good price on Expedia. If lucky enough, I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I may have just gotten lucky. My room was generously proportioned, with work desk, king sized bed, s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your kind compliments, the five star rating and for posting such a wonderful and flattering review. I am very pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations and how highly you valued the staff and service during your stay. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with our team and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
Please let me know if you have any special requests for your future stay at the Metropol (j.peretrukhina@metmos.ru)

Mashhad, Iran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I spent a wonderful days at metropol. A fantastic location near Red Square  and Kremlin  palace.
The rooms are beautiful and the interior décor of the entire hotel at times is breathtaking. Breakfast was great. The staff are all delightful, the hotel is charming and everything is exactly as you'd expect it to be.
Nothing to fault, would definitely come again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of your recent stay at the Metropol Hotel Moscow. I'm delighted to learn that the Hotel's location, rooms, interior décor and breakfast were convenient regarding your needs. I also very much appreciate your kind words about our team. I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed our service and therefore eager to return.
Looking forward to welcome you back to our wonderful Hotel very soon!

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

From the minute I made the reservation, I knew this stay in Moscow was going to be fabulous. I contacted the hotel by email and received a prompt and very pleasant reply to each of my requests and inquiries. Because we were celebrating our 30th anniversary, the hotel even surprised us with a bottle of champagne upon arrival.
The room was wonderful, facing the lights of Red Squares roof tops at night. Everything was so comfortable!
Breakfast was the most amazing experience! A fantastic spread with everything imaginable, helpful personnel and a beautiful dining room. And a harpist who plays lovely music during your meal. They serve breakfast late for those who like to sleep in!
The hotel is just a five minute walk from the subways, great shopping and Red Square. A remarkable location with much to see and do withing walking distance. The hop on, hop off bus stops close by and is well worth a few hours.
We ate several late meals in the bar and the wait staff were wonderful. The food was amazing and they had some fun new drinks on the bar menu.
I loved this hotel! It will definately be my home on future visits to Moscow!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I am very proud that we have been able to assist in creating this lasting memory on such an important occasion as your 30th anniversary. I'm extremely glad that you had such a fabulous time with us and will keep coming back.
Please let me know if you have any special requests for your future stay with us at j.peretrukhina@metmos.ru
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Oldenburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

First time in Moscow and Metropol hosted a gala dinner at that night. Luckily as the location near the Red Square is great, the rooms are comfortable and most importantly very clean. The old building has a great charme and it was a very nice stay. The bar is opened 24/7 which is also convenient. But best was the service of the hotely employees! Especially theguest relations department with NINA did a great job. She had always an answer and was very helpful. Thanks again Nina!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Joerg!
Thank you very much for posting such a flattering feedback!
I'm thrilled that you valued highly hotel location, cleanliness of your room and the hotel itself.
I'm extremely delighted to found your kind testimonial about me personally.
It is always enjoyable when our guests recognize our efforts.
I hope that when you find yourself in our city again, you consider reaching out to me directly. You can send all your special requests to gr@metmos.ru and we will definitely follow them.

Sincerely yours,
Nina Zabolotskaya
Guest Relations
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a hotel placed in the perfect spot in town, close to all the tourist attractions. You can walk anywhere in 5 minutes or less. Rooms are spacious and modern and lobby very grand. But the most attractive feature of it is the above this world customer service.
I have been to many places and many countries and have never experienced anything like it. It is like your famiy is taking care of you: caring, efficient, pleasant. There are no reservations. The concierge staff are just smart, beautiful, nice, efficient and pleasant as it can be. If Alena was a child, I would have adopted her!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful and warm description of the Metropol and it's Family! We are indeed highly proud of our gorgeous Hotel and our talented staff. A very sincerely thank you for your kind compliments and for rewarding us with 5 stars.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hotel Metropol Moscow? Share your experiences!