“Moscow Grand” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 261 Hotels in Moscow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Moscow Grand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our stay at the Marriott Grand in central Moscow was great. We could easily walk to many of the sites we visited like the Kremlin and Red Square. If your not a walker, cab service is always waiting just outside the lobby. The many churches within Moscow are simply beautiful and much more historic than our churches here in the United States. The hotel is very close to the subway station and many restaurants of differing quality/pricing. It has a beautiful lobby and a bar/lounge attached. The bar is very pricey but that was mainly due to the value of the dollar during our visit. There is a bank within the hotel also that makes it easy to exchange money. You will need some Russian coins to pay for the bathroom at many sites around town. Wifi is free for Marriott Rewards Platinum's but they charge for others. The breakfast is wonderful and gives you a wide variety of choices. Enjoy your stay and see all you can while you are there - it is a clean and beautiful city.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Grand Hotel when visiting Moscow and for taking the time to share with us your feedback concerning your stay.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Estoril, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is an oldfashion style hotel in a perfect central location, full of old charm. Hotels in Moscow can be disappointingly bad but this one delivers what can be expected from this brand name. Service is attentive in a city where tourists are notoriously snobbed or faced with unsmiling expressions. Reception is well managed and very professional. Rooms are simple but well appointed and quite spacious, excellent mattresses and pillows, my windows turned towards an inner very large central yard, so no street noise at all. Good sized bathroom, excellent amenities. Breakfast downstairs of highest quality, with several choices , from fresh fruits to egg station and hot buffet, nothing amiss here and plenty of tables available even on busy morning. The hotel bar lounge is confortable and serves light snacks and food at odd hours. Only drawback is the expensive wifi connection in rooms, but free downstairs. Enjoiable stay in this hotel located in the middle of central Moscow , 10 mn walk from the Red Square, in a very convenient location for restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2014

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I had to go to Moscow for work and stsyed at this hotel. Great, friendly staff and very well located. I walked to Red square (about 15 to 20 mins) and the Kremlin. There is a Starbucks next door as well as a KFC along with plenty of restaurants to choose from. A little expensive but excellent location.

MarriottMoscowGrand, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Kevin,

I would like to express my personal thanks for sharing with us your appreciations of our efforts. It is always a great pleasure to receive these compliments and I will make sure that it is shared with all concerned.

Jupiter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My family and I just spent a week at the Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, and we had a wonderful time. The staff is very friendly and prompt with service requests. Our check in clerk Ekaterina (with the long brown hair, as there are two) couldn't have been friendlier and took very good care of our family. She spotted a minor error in our reservation and corrected it immediately. She provided us with information about the city and served as a goodwill ambassador to the city, as well as back-up concierge. While some of the other comments on this property seem to downplay its atmosphere as being too American, my family and I felt that that was one of its best assets after spending a day in a city where there is very little English translation, and the Cyrillic alphabet is impossible to decipher. We have traveled quite a bit of Europe, so let me tell you this can be quite an issue.
The rooms are beautifully decorated, and are very clean. There is free Wi-Fi in the lobby. My only knock to this property is that there are supposed to be guest accessible ice machines on certain floors, but the few that I tried to use were in locked rooms with no access to guests. Try to get a rate that includes the buffet breakfast as it is well worth it. I highly recommend this property to anybody visiting Moscow who wants a good value in a great location!

Room Tip: Our room faced the interior courtyard and was very quiet, but the windows are double-pained so I don...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

The points that you mentioned on your comment has been taken care seriously. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel has all you expect from a good Marriott, nice rooms and bathrooms, good fitness centre, great buffet breakfast, tea/coffee/ironing facilities in the room. It is close to metro station and Sheremetyevo airport train. The hotel is a bit dated but in a nice way.
The only thing that puts me off somewhat is the price, but I guess that´s Moscow for you. As other reviewers have mentioned, you can walk to Red Square, it will take you just 15 to 20 mins.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Also I would like to inform you that our prices might seem expensive compared to other cities but they reflect pricing tariffs applied by most 5 star hotels in Moscow.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is a typical Marriott property in every way. It was hard to remember we were in Russia until we walked out the door. The rooms were great. We dined in our room the first night and the food and table service were as good as we would have expected had we visited the restaurant.

The breakfast buffet included with our room every day was as fine as one costing $50 or more in the USA. The only think better which comes to mind is the Sunday Brunch at Hotel Del Coronado, which costs quite a lot more.

The bell captain and his staff were probably the most professional and courteous I've ever dealt with. Each one was fluent in English and probably several other languages. They clearly intended to assist us in any way possible and did it with such a pleasant attitude that we wanted to (and did) over tip.

The desk staff was a little less proficient in foreign languages, but communication was usually not difficult. I really tried to learn some basic Russian before traveling, but we would have been helpless if it had depended on me.

My only complaint is the same as at all Marriotts and other big franchises. I don't like paying $13 per day for wi-fi access. The smallest motel and most inexpensive chains in the US offer it for free, and it seems like a place with so many amenities could figure out another way to make an extra buck. There is free wi-fi in the lobby - the chairs there were full of travelers with their laptops, tablets and smart phones.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Mr.Sinan Koseoglu is very helping and problem solving. Thank you Sinan for making our stay Spectacular. We will be recommending this hotel to all our colleagues. A perfect management makes this hotel your home in Moscow.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!