“Great Tours, Great People” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 332 Activities in Moscow
5.0 of 5 stars 142 Reviews
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Free tours by local guides offer visitors the opportunity to see the real Moscow! While each of these places are unique to Moscow and are on everyone's "must see" list – for a person to fall in love with the city and truly understand it, they must see it through the eyes of the person who lives here.
Huelva, Spain
21 attraction reviews
“Great Tours, Great People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We really appreciate it. Our guide Katya showed us several places we enjoyed a lot with her. 10 points. Very recommended tours

Visited October 2012

Minneapolis
4 attraction reviews
“Moscow Greeters Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

In my recent visit to Moscow I had the opportunity to take a terrific tour by the Moscow Greeters. Vera and Anna were my tour guides and it was a fantastic tour. They walked me through some very interesting neighborhoods and told me some wonderful stories about the buildings and events that occurred there. They were extremely friendly and knowledgeable young ladies. We even sat for coffee and gave me some incredible insight about Russian culture. This walking tour was a real treat for me. I grew up during the Cold War and even served as a soldier in Germany to protect against Russian invasion. Boy, is this a different world than that was. These young ladies did not have any resemblance to the Russians that we were taught about when I was in school. I strongly recommend that if you are going to Moscow, take this tour.

Visited November 2012
Hannover, Germany
“Great time with Moscow Greeters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our group of 4 Americans had a fantastic time with the Moscow Greeters Vera and Luba. They showed us tons of interesting buildings, churches, and public art. They were both very nice and spoke excellent English. It was a real treat to learn about Russia and Moscow from people who live there and grew up there. They picked us up from our hotel and even gave us a great dinner restaurant recommendation. I would recommend Moscow Greeters to anyone.

Visited August 2012
Moscow, Russia
“The way tours should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The tour I arranged with Moscow Greeter is probably just as much of a HIGHLIGHT as it was my evening at Bolshoi or the first glance over St. Basil Cathedral :).
What makes this tour special is the quality of the people involved in this initiative. I was assigned as a guide Lida, a very open and obliging person. She agreed with accompanying me to an almost out-of-town place - the Kuscovo Estate, managed the traffic and all the transportation just beautifully, and was very well prepared on the topic (I particularly enjoyed her hard worked notes, with highlighters and all :p). But her personality was the flavour of the tour - the answered all my questions and she gave me particular insights on Moscow and on Russia. At the end of the day, I felt so enriched of having been to Kuscovo with Moscow Greeter and Lida!
I warmly congratulate Moscow Greeter for their initiative! Now, it is up to you, the reader, to get out there in to wild (world web), book a date and a place and enjoy! And most importantly, provide feedback, as it is the best way to support them (as it seems that money does not do the trick :p)!

Visited October 2012
Israel
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were fortunate to tour New Maiden's Convent (Novodevichy Monastyr/Cemetery) with Marina. Before we arrived in Moscow she wrote and asked what we wanted to see and know about Moscow. She met us at our hotel and took us to this amazing site. It was especially interesting to meet a local and learn about their lives. It was a wonderful day which we thoroughly enjoyed

Visited September 2012