“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 261 Hotels in Moscow
Espoo, Finland
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend business trip. The hotel is very close to the metro station, but can be a bit tricky to find since the entrance is not right on the street but on a courtyard. Look for a green and white sign on top of the building. The staff at reception desk spoke decent English and were generally helpful.

My room was clean and quite comfortable, aside from the fact that it was a smoking room which I wouldn't want if given a choice (I wasn't) but it wasn't such a big problem for me that I'd ask for a new room. The bathroom was quite large and didn't have an actual door you can close (which can be awkward if sharing the room with someone...). I'm unsure if all rooms in the hotel are like this.

The breakfast buffet was okay - they offer a variety of hot food including Russian pancakes, cold cuts and cheese, bread, yoghurt, porridge and fresh fruit. I didn't try their dinner service.

A good experience overall. I'll probably stay here again if I return to Moscow.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My little daughter and I stayed at D'Hotel for two nights end of August 2012. I was very, very pleasantly surprized at every single aspect of our stay at this hotel. For the very affordable price, in my opinion, we got more than we bargained for: The location is great - 5 min walk to a Metro Station. There little shops around the area, a pharmacy. The street is quite. And we stayed on the 9th floor, so got an amazing view of the Cosmos hotel and VDNH Park.
Service of every member of the staff was OUTSTANDING. We only heard - a Yes to every of our requests, and not a single No. We only had breakfast - and it tasted like home made food. Waiting staff were ALL pleasant, attentive.
There is an ATM and a "Bill Payments Machine" (to recharge sim cards of local cell providers) - very thoughtful and convenient.
It is a business hotel, more for a short stay. Definitely, not a vacation place, but I am coming back to it for my future short visits to Moscow.
Congratulations to all staff members and to the owner - great job done!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed with a friend in this hotel last March, but I was not able to write my review earlier, because it was not listed on tripadvisor.

The hotel is very nicely located, five minute walk to the metro station.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. I was trying with my friend to attend a classical music concert, the reception staff researched and found us what we wanted, but alas, the tickets were sold out.

The breakfast buffet is good and varied, so you can have your choice of either continental dishes or Russian local dishes.

We also tried the restaurant for dinner couple of times and we were very pleased with the meals. I attach some photos of the meals they served. If you are lucky, you can have your dinner while a beautiful Russian singer recite very nice songs.

Overall, we were very pleased with the hotel, and considering how expensive hotels are in Moscow, D'Hotel is very reasonably priced!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Frindly, international, small hotel with a restaurant. Save place with good rates. Breakfast is OK (not more), food in the restaurant varied and really good.

• Stayed May 2012
Munich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

It's really worth the money. Everything clean and new. Friendly staff. Restaurant is very good!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Hannover, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights, and I am not very happy with that stay.
The business rooms or studio how they call it are much smaller than shown on the picture.
The room is right beside the elivator, so it is very noisy.
In the morning at breakfast the buffet is very empty and all places in the Desing restaurant are occupied.
The only good thing in that hotel is, that it is clean.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Boblingen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

Quite location
Friendly staff
In walking distance to the expo area

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Design Hotel? Share your experiences!