“By far the best value you can get in Moscow” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Ibis Moscow Paveletskaya
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Shchipok Str., 22/1, Moscow 115054, Russia   |
Ranked #68 of 260 Hotels in Moscow
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“By far the best value you can get in Moscow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights during a short city-trip in Moscow in October.

I would probably have given this place 3 stars, considering it's just a regular Ibis. But comparing the price of this place to other hotels and even hostels in Moscow, it certainly earns another star because of the value.

Walking into the room, we felt like we had returned to the Ibis in Milan where we stayed last year, it looked almost identical. The bed was clean, though somewhat hard, the floors were clean and the bathroom was basic and clean. There was a desk, a small buit-in couch and a flatscreen TV. The free wifi was fast and had a good signal. The room was uncomfortably hot and could not be cooled, nor could we open a window. Apparently, overheating hotelrooms is a common Russian thing though.

Location in Moscow is good, close to the Paveletskaya station, where there's access to the subway (which will get you anywhere easily), and the Aeroexpress to Domodedovo. We walked to Red Square and the Arbat daily and enjoyed the walk.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Lufthansa lost our bags at Frankfurt airport, and hotel staff would call the information line twice a day to ask if our luggage had been delivered yet. (it never came)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Warsaw, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Unfortunately I can’t say that this was a satisfactory experience. I stayed in Ibis as I was supposed to get a better price due to a corporate rate that my company was entitled to. I received a room for 10,500 RUB per night and that supposed to be corporate rate. I was surprised when on my checkout on the screen behind the reception I noticed the offers and rooms rates. Ibis was offering my room for 9,000 RUB (same period of dates as mine) while I was supposed to pay less on a corporate rate and I ended up paying 10,500 RUB. I am not sure if this is a practise of Ibis but I felt like a fool plus I felt there was no respect to my company as a client. I know that Ibis is a budget hotel and you cant expect much but for €260/night I think I got nothing. Simply appalling … other than that the hotel was ok as expected simple and clean.

Room Tip: In Ibis all rooms are the same, just be careful not to ge shafted ... !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this Ibis in August 2011. The building is quite new and the staff was quite great and helpful, speaking a very good English - which is quite rare in Moscow. The location of this Ibis is more than ok. I mean is just a walking distance from Paveletskaya, which is the train station that links Moscow downtown to Domodedovo International Airport. And also Paveletskaya hosts a metro station that enables you te reach all toruristic point of interests. Red Square, The Kremlin are only 3 or 4 stations away from it. GOLD TIP: once you leave Paveleskaya, you have to take your left side till the corner, turn left again and walk till the end of the avenue. You will pass by couple coffee shops at your rigth and a small ortodox church at your left. The hotel is just on the rigth side at the end of the main avenue. There are no street signals pointing to this Ibis.
I felt safe in this neighborhood even when I came back late in the evening (11 pm). There is a small grocery store at the rigth side of the avenue you should take from metro station, which is ok. Ibis hotel offers a standar room with no frills inside it, so don't expect more than a good bed and a clean room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Good price for a Moscow Hotel with 75€ per night at weekends.
Unfortunately our window located 1,5 m from another buildings wall, so that there was no daylight or possibility to get some fresh air, which would have been needed, because the air condition was only suppling very dry and quite hot air.
Also the fact, that there was no opportunity to get a no-smoking room, was not perfect.

• Stayed November 2012
Lille, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I often stay at Ibis Paveletskaia because of its location. It is within 5 mn walk from Paveletskaia station. From Paveletskaia, you can reach any place in or around Moscow city by metro, bus or tramway, and there is a train to Domodedovo airport (40 mn).
The hotel is always clean and net and free Wi-Fi !
Special prices make it affordable during the week end. Unfortunatly, I find the price during the week a bit high (7900 RUB for 1 night is really expensive...) but Moscow is known to be expensive !
Also, breakfast is expensive and we expect better quality for the price...
Thank you to Irina Nacharova, Manager, for the excellent service provided by her staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Irina N, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Moscow Paveletskaya, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Moscow Paveletskaya. I have already shared your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of us, as we do our best to continuously improve the quality of our services. I hope you have already noticed the improvements at our buffet breakfast and tried our continental breakfast at lobby bar.
In order to provide best value for money in the market we offer our guests to make room reservations on ibis site where you can find best rates for all 900 Ibis hotels around the world. Here you can also benefit from our special Early Booking rates (available till 20 days before arrival during the whole year) and several special other promotions valid for this winter.
Thank you once again for your loyalty to our hotel and IBIS brand and for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Mrs. Irina Nacharova,
Ibis Moscow Paveletskaya Hotel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is one of the cheapest hotel that you can find in the downtown and since we are talking about one international brand you will not be disappointed, of course we have to consider it like one "low cost" solution because lot of services are not available for free (for example internet or breakfast) and you will have to pay one additional fee. The position is really close to subway and railway station from domodedevo airport you can take direct train to Paveletsky station (Павелецкий вокзал) every 40 minutes and you will come really close to the hotel (about 10 minutes walk), if you don't have lot of luggage and you are coming in the day , i suggest to reach the hotel walking (print one map before because if you don't speak russian maybe you can face some problems to communicate), otherwise taxi driver are always available (maximum 150-200 rubles, please). Since we are talking about ibis i can just tell that this hotel is conform with the others ones around the world (professional, clean and efficient). Now they increased the price for rooms so it can be interesting to considerate other solutions like "hotel cosmos" or the famous "hotel izmailovo" that i like too much.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the Ibis for six nights. They were extremely helpful and efficient right from the outset in helping me obtain my tourist visa. I booked my accommodation by email, at their request sent a copy of my passport and they sent by return the necessary invitation to Russia and confirmation of my booking to submit my visa request to the Russian Embassy. This all in less than 24 hours.
The hotel is comfortable, very clean and my room absolutely fine. Wifi was free. All staff very friendly and helpful. Food in the restaurant was good, service was OK, buth this was only because the restaurant was often full and the two or three waiters were rushed off their feet. A small coffee bar at the side of reception served soft and alcoholic drinks and a good range of snacks.
Just a fifteen minute walk to Paveletskaya Metro which would get you to Red Square for some site seeing.
A good budget hotel that gives good service, good food, and value for money. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the front overlooking Shchipok Street as it's not very noisy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Ibis Moscow Paveletskaya? Share your experiences!