“Well done” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 248 Hotels in Moscow
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Well done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

There is a complete hotel. I have nothing to say. I like it. If you can travel by metro, it will perfect. Mcdonale and shop nearby. staff helpful and competent in English, restaurant food good, plenty at breakfast buffe

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed in this place for five days. Clean and quiet room, friendly staff, close to metro. delicious breakfast buffet. free mini bar and wifi in room. Two shopping centers are close to the hotel. Non-smoking hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Good sized rooms. Located in the suburbs but handy to metro and shops, hotel as promoted, staff helpful and competent in English, restaurant food good, plenty at breakfast buffet, excellent value in Moscow. No hesitation to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed in this place for a week-end. Free-parking, spacy and comfy room. Restaurant offered a tasty Russian pelmeni (local raviolli) for a resonable price arount 300 Rubles. Clean, quiet, equipped with all necessary appliances. We had no time to test Spa and pool. In all th e rest this hotel was great. Recommendable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

A very small hotel but provide free mini bar snack and drinks. (No alcohol)

Restaurant is not very big, breakfast buffet is not very sumptuous, but I found smoked salmon and sauteed mushrooms which I like.

Money change machine is in the lobby which is very convenient for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Traveled here June 4th to June 9th, 2014 with my wife. The hotels air condition was turned off until June 16th, Gate one travel did not tell us. Check in room, it 85 degree outside. NO A/C My room is 2 twin beds. Now I am a big boy. Twins went out at 12 years old. I am with my wife celebrating my 30th years anniversary. Area that hotel in NOT GREAT location either. But wait the next day they transfer me (wife) plus addition couple to sister hotel ( same name) in Moscow that was much better. And yes the air condition did work. I got a queen size bed. My trip improved much better.

Room Tip: NO pool, in first location Very small rooms, People at desk did not speak English well.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed here twice on our recent Russian odyssey. Overall there's not a much to complain about. We arrived at 7am - but were offered a room & breakfast for half the daily rate if we wished - until checkin at 2. This was grand for us as we could have breakfast and a rest for a few hours before heading into Moscow. The hotel is fine. Clean as a whistle. Breakfast is very good (please buy a toaster though) with plenty of choice. There was never a problem getting a table in the breakfast room. the lobby bar served good (albeit expensive) food and drink and was a nice calming place to relax in. The sauna./gym area is clean and well maintained. The area the hotel is situated in is not exciting by any means however there is a nice park across the road. We felt safe in the area at all times. 40 mins into Red Square is fine in my book.
Also - 2 issues we had with the room that were reported to reception (problem with aircon & the minibar not being refilled) were rectified so quickly that the job was complete by the time we returned to the room from reception. Very impressive.
So whats slipping?? Some (and I don't mean all) of the reception staff are not totally on the ball. I asked if an item of clothing that we had mislaid had been found. Over 2 days we were told No - It hadn't. On putting my luggage into their baggage room on our last day - there it was on a hangar (along with a dozen or so also "mislaid" items). Visa Registration seems to be (somewhat understandably) an issue of confusion - 2 members of staff refused to register my visa saying it wasn't required. I finally prevailed on another to register it. On checking with my embassy - I was informed that had this not been done, there would have been an issue on departure. This is a black mark!!!!
Overall however, our stay was a happy & contented one. The price was more than reasonable for what we got and when fate casts me back into Moscow, I will return here. Now if they could just put back those bowls of green apples into reception.......

Room Tip: Front of the hotel please.....
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Katerina Park Hotel? Share your experiences!