“One of the best in Moscow” 5 of 5 stars

Katerina Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kirovogradskaya St., 11, Moscow 117587, Russia   |
Ranked #16 of 249 Hotels in Moscow
4.5 of 5 stars 714 Reviews
“One of the best in Moscow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Very good hotel. Close location to metro station. Nice staff. Rooms are very clean and good. Nice breakfast buffet. Definetly will come back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Katerina_Cronstedt, Owner at Katerina Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear guest, I am so glad to hear you liked our hotel! Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience - and do visit us again soon! Katerina Cronstedt, Managing Director Katerina Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Everything about this hotel is great. It is handy for the metro and has a great market and shopping centre close by if you cant live without macdonalds. The rooms are big and clean and comfortable with wifi access and a free mini bar. The gym facilities were lovely and kept spotless. The restaurant served lovely food at a reasonable Moscow price. The breakfast was amazing and a very high standard.
The staff were excellent, friendly and helpful.
Definitely would stay here again and would recommend to others.

Dear guest!
Thank you do much for your kind words! It is great to hear you were happy with your stay and thank you for taking time to share your opinion. Come back again soon! Katerina Cronstedt, Managing Director Katerina Hotels
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

The Katerina Park Hotel staff and accommodations were very comfortable and with a bountiful breakfast buffet was a fabulous bonus to our travel and visit to Moscow.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Katerina_Cronstedt, Owner at Katerina Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear guest!
I am glad to hear you found our hotel comfortable and that you liked the breakfast buffet! Thank you for taking time to share your experience - visit us again soon! Katerina Cronstedt, Managing Director Katerina Hotels
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Hotel Katerina Park was well worth the twenty minutes it takes to get to the center of Moscow by metro.
The hotel is very modern, the breakfasts very generous and the staff extremely friendly and helpful.
There were 2 computers free for guests and the metro was only a few short blocks.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: As far as I know all the rooms are good.
Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your kind words, great to hear you found our hotel to be very modern, breakfast generous and staff friendly and helpful. Thak you for taking time to share your experience, stay with us again soon! / Katerina Cronstedt Managing Director Katerina Hotels
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Jolene and I were very pleased with our stay at the Katerina Park Hotel in Moscow. It is located 10 subway stops south of Red Square, but the Prazhskaya (also be sure to check the Russian name, I can't type it) Metro station is only 4-5 minutes on a busy well lit street and within sight at all times. The ride from SVO airport in rush hour was over 2.5 hours. Take the train and subway if possible to save an hour.

The breakfast was a large buffet with a lot of choices. Highly recommended. There is also a nice bar/restaurant in the lobby if you want to stay in after a day of sight seeing and shopping.

Best of all for an American who speaks no Russian, was the front desk staff that was always helpful and communicated in excellent English. This hotel is clean, comfortable and a great value for any visitor to Moscow.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street have a great view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Katerina_Cronstedt, Owner at Katerina Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Guest, I am so glad to hear you were pleased with your stay at our hotel. Great that you liked the breakfast, the bar/restaurant and found our staff helpful. Indeed the metro is a very convenient way to travel and I myself always take the Aeroexpress to the airport, it is inexpensive and quick. Hope we will see you again soon! / Katerina Cronstedt Managing Director Katerina Hotels
Waterford , Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed in Katerina Park Hotel, Moscow longer than most guests, I believe: 10 days. This gave me an insight into the hotel, I'd like to share.
1. Proximity to nearest Metro: half a kilometre along well-lit, busy street. Half an hour average travel time to most tourist destinations - an opportunity to "people watch"; get a feeling up close and personal for up how life is lived in one important aspect of Moscow. Travel is cheap, and the Metro system ultra-efficient and user-friendly. (The hotel reception sells a set of post cards showcasing the most spectacular Metro stations, incidentally.)

2. Staff: friendly, efficient - and over-worked, especially when large parties arrived all at once. The bar/restaurant bore the brunt of understaffing, though they coped with good grace.

3 Language: What I particularly enjoyed was having my foreign tourist's Russian indulged - and, indeed, improved by courteous staff members. English seemed to be the "international" language used with most guests, and used well, in my opinion, by staff members. The hotel caters for a Russian clientele, also: from overhearing conversations, I'd say mostly a business clientele, including what we would call "passing trade" from nearby enterprises. This gives the hotel a "local" and "lived in" feel which I, for one, enjoyed. My advice to those thinking of visiting Russia is to, at the very least, learn the Cyrillic (Russian) alphabet for reduced stress, ease of travel and access to some Russian language. Example "PECTOPAH" in Cyrillic becomes "Restoran" in English and a new, recognisable, world opens up. It takes about an hour to learn to understand Russian alphabet.

4. Menu. Though the overall restaurant theme and decor is "Scandanavian," a feature of the restaurant menu is the number of traditional Russian dishes presented. These include snacks/starters, my favourite was a nicely marinated herring salad); soups, like "Schi" (a cabbage soup "Borsh" (a beetroot based soup). Buckwheat ("Kasha") also featured as a breakfast room offering. So, it was, I could live out the old Russian saying: "Schi da kasha, pische nashe!" Blinis, caviars, beef stroganoff also featured. So much variety was there that I choose to eat each night in the Hotel, in order to work my way through the Russian offerings. With a glass or two of wine, dinner cost an average of about 20 euro. I should point out here that a good selection of international dishes are on the menu too.

Borodino bread! I was very taken by a particularly rich type of rye bread that came encrusted with roast, crushed coriander seeds. A marriage or flavours and textures made in heaven! And it has a story, like all good recipes. In this case the Battle of Borodino against Napoleon and the act of a kind Russian General's wife who contributed this rye bread recipe, now known as Borodino Bread to the Russian soldiers before the battle. My point: when you can enjoy food with a colourful story like that well told by a friendly waiter - what more can you ask for? I should also say that, when I had successfully worked my way around the menu options, a new, revised, menu appeared with new and different dishes! Reviewing other comments on Katerina Park, I believe the value on offer in the restaurant has been understated, and I have attempted to correct that.
Environs: Victory Park, across the road from the Hotel is both nice to look out on as well as to walk in. The myriad of colourful kiosks around both the shopping areas adjacent to the hotel have wonderful value fruit, veg and drinks - including my old favourite: kvass, a rye-bread based, low alcohol beer.

PS And, as well, Ireland "won" the 0 - 0 draw played out in Luzhniki Stadion - the main reason, at this time, for my visit, giving us every chance to qualify for the upcoming European championships.

Room Tip: Ask for room high up in building, overlooking Pobeda (Victory) Park. This is West facing, thus Mosco...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your nice words – they make our work worthwhile! I am so glad you liked the Russian dishes and that you enjoyed the new menu, it does have more chose and variation than ever before. Your advice to learn the Cyrillic alphabet is great – we will actually do a small guide on our blog about it. And Borodinsky bread, I know, I love it too. We will put up the recipe on our blog as well! Do visit us again soon! / Katerina Cronstedt Managing Director Katerina Hotels
Vermont, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Katerina Park Hotel while on vacation in Moscow; this hotel was part of a package deal. Although the City center (Kremlin, etc.) was about a half our ride by metro we did not mind, based on the very reasonable price. Tip...Try to get a metro map with time listed from station to station so you can budget an appropriate amount of time to reach various destinations. The hotel was a brief and easy walk to the Metro station, the best and cheapest way to get around the city! The buffet breakfast was large and had lots of options, some traditional Russian dishes my husband enjoyed and some traditional American choices I appreciated. We were given a room with twin beds on the 10th floor overlooking the park. The twin bed deal was not new to us, we shrugged and enjoyed the windows that opened to let fresh air in and enjoyed the view. The room was an adaquate size for 2 adults with only carry on bags, enough room to move around and not feel claustraphobic. I thought the beds were comfortable, everyone else commented on the firmness...I thought mine was very comfy. We were each only given one tiny pillow which was not a big hit with me, I prefer several pillows. In hindsight I should have requested more pillows; I am not sure if I would have gotten them or not, or long it would have taken...but I should have asked. The front desk staff was ok, they did their job of getting us checked in quickly and explained all their services. Several of the big perks are (this has been mentioned again and again...and again by me) buffet breakfast included, free wi-fi, free mini bar and 24 hour lobby bar that serves a limited food menu all night. It was nice to be able to saunter in late and know you can relax and have a drink and talk about our amazing day. Overall I was pleased; easy to get to the Metro, good breakfast and clean rooms. It was not the fanciest hotel ever, but it was one of the best value hotels I have stayed in. I would stay at the Katerina Park Hotel again the next time we are in Moscow.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, It is great to hear that you found our hotel “best value hotels I have stayed in”! Good to hear you liked the breakfast, the Wi-Fi and the 24h lobby bar. We would certainly have given you more pillows in a blink, we have plenty! Next time – don’t hesitate to ask  Thank you for sharing your experience, please visit us again soon! / Katerina Cronstedt Managing Director Katerina Hotels

Been to Katerina Park Hotel? Share your experiences!