“Good traditional Hungarian meals” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 39 restaurants in Tirgu Mures
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Budapest
“Good traditional Hungarian meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you want to have some very good prepared, traditional Transylvanian, both Hungarian and Romanian meals, you have to visit this place because price, quality and serving are excellent.

• Visited August 2013

86% Recommend
Isle of Portland, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, excellent service, excellent price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Accustomed to south meditteranean restaurants and the like, I have always been sceptical about visiting eastern european restaurants. However, this venue was picked and I can't praise it highly enough.

Firstly, the atmosphere was very good and very different. My guests were all Hungarian but this restaurant appears to be a beautifully shared experience by Hungarians and Romanians alike. Our waiter spoke perfect English and Hungarian, but more importantly, was very tentative and extremely proffessional. Neither I or my guests had to pour a drink all night as the waiter was on top of his game in every aspect of service.

The food was delicious and very well presented. Being very new to Hungarian cuisene, I am still very nervous about most meals I select, but every choice I made tasted delicious.

One minor point, was the fact that towards the end of the meal, one of the tables decided to start smoking. Being English, this felt very rude and upset the atmosphere a bit, but fortunately our meals were all pretty much finished so this disruption was minimal. This was the only negative point to the whole meal and perhaps in the future, the smoking section should be set completely apart from the non smoking section.

This is the best restaurant I have visited in a very long time and I would definitely like to return. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone.

Airdrie, Canada
“Overrated and terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We went there because we heard good things about that place. We had a terrible server ( I can't remember her name ,should have kept the receipt) . No napkins , no condiments , we felt like we were abandoned into the middle of nowhere. One hour later we were asked if we want to order food but by that time I lost faith that I will get my food before midnight so I decided not to order ( by the way we had to share to menus lists and pass them around the table since they figured out that 1 list for 2-3 persons will work just fine)
another 45 minutes later some of the food showed up. After that the waitress was gone (smoke break or something )
we found a guy dressed like he worked there( and he was another areas waiters) and thanks to him we managed to get our bill.
I asked my friends if the food was ok , and they said it was acceptable but none of them will miss it if the joint goes bankrupt.
worst services ever (and I had my share of terrible waitresses since my job requires me to travel a lot).

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver BC
“Feel at home at Laci's place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Also known as Tempo this Hungarian restaurant serves excellent food. We went 3 times in 3 days and enjoyed every morsel. The Hungarian goulash was very good as was the chicken papricash with spaetzle (called dumplings here). Pay the little bit extra for the hot peppers for the goulash - so good.the restaurant is designed like a forest cabin complete with bridge over a koi pond. We walked from our hotel on the square and it takes less than 15 minutes but you go through a quiet residential area and think you are going the wrong way until you see all the lights. A must when in Targu Mures. The best food option we have found in Targu.

Munich
“Wonderfull Hungarian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Fantastic food. Very crowded - it might be adviseable to make a reservation.
We had goulash and starters. Very attent and friendly service

Visited September 2013